Whats your sites fps limit for snipers?

scar527

Site - Elite Action Games

FPS limit vary due to urban and woodland envirnoments.

Dorking/Worthing (woodland):

Full auto 350

Bolt Rifles 500

MED = 20m

Well Actually.. John (@ dorking) said 30 yards, asked us to pace out 30 yards, now me being fully metrical ( :D new word in oxford dictionary) and half asleep in the morning, my head was blank, refusing to convert it in meters I just did a stab in the dark of near.... 20m's.. :unsure: Lol he wasnt too impressed after...... :mellow: Doh..!

p.s. thought worthing is also 30m also?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding more to Frakk2k:

The norwegian airsoft assosiation (nasf), has these rules (.20 bb) :

350 fps Full-auto, No safe distance, but it is recommended to just say "bang" below 5meters.

450 FPS semi-auto (full-auto must be blocked in some way). 20m safety distance.

500 fps Bolt-action (+10% so you could go to 550). 30m safety distance.

300 fps semi-only inside, but full-auto doesn't have to be blocked, but you're not allowed to use it inside builings.

Clubs that aren't members of NASF can shoot with whatever they want, and there are some that play with pretty hot springs.

If you crhrono 351 fps at a NASF-game, you can't use F-A. 451 no play. No discussion.

Hmm that's interesting....... I hadn't considered it before but, maybe the 1J limit in japan will discorage Japanese manufacturers from developing sniping rifles........:(

Yes and unfortunately having a sniper is really more for show. Having said that, here's my -personal- opinion from my experiences. There's still room for bolties 'cos a well tuned VSR has pretty reasonable accuracy up to 50m (one shot/one head kill, closed indoor environment). I've not found many AEGs that has that accuracy even if it may have the range - with the exception of the P90 which seems to have almost as good accuracy. Dunno about the M14.

So maybe bolties still have some practical life still in Japan.

a P90..? really..? :huh:

I've never tried this myself but i would believe the snipers would be even quieter at lower powers so it could give them a better edge, but its sort of restricted to more dedicated at proper snipers and less DM. Also, since it is slower pace black/green bb's can be seen by the shooter easier (without having x6+ mag) so that could be benifitial too.. Just a thought.

The P90 surprised me as well ;-). It wasn't as accurate as the VSR for headshots @ 50m but would at least hit the body (i.e. larger grouping). But as for noise, yes...nothing beat the VSR! It was an indoor (huge warehouse) where my colleague was hiding under the stairs in the dark, popping each opponent coming out of the door on the opposite end in the head. They couldn't see nor hear where the BB's were coming from. 3 consecutive one-shot kills. Think that was the talk of the week and killed the "can any legal JP weapon be accurate at 50m" debates.

• 1 month later...

I've been using a downgraded vsr from 500fps to 328 fps and i havent really found accuracy has decreased, range has certainly been lost, but a bolt action rifle at identical velocity of an aeg can still hold its weight, though this may well be because snipers spend alot of time on tuning and upgrading in comparison to the average skirmisher

Strange place to post that, but on a similar note. I was useing my M40 at around 350fps yesterday. Hard to say the exact FPS because there was no site chrono yesterday. But it was certainly holding it's own accuracy wise. And the shear epic quietness is impressive. I managed to hold back a team at least 10 strong for half an hour, they never got a bead on my location. Closest shot to me was about 2m away. People asked me why I wanted it shooting that low FPS wise. After that, I think I'll run it week more often.

The laws in Brazil finaly legalized airsoft on national ground.

The first legallized stores just openned and the laws say we have no obligations to:

Trademarks - all are allowed

Orange/Yellow/Red tips - No need for that

FPS Limits - No limits

As for the limits the main Brazilian communities have come to a common sense on FPS limits, because after 4 years struggling with the law and our hard headed military, we plan on make it a sport were fun (with responsability and safety) should be the number one concern. So the commom sense is:

up to 330 FPS : CQB and Pistols

up to 360 FPS : Woodland games AEGs and LMGs

up to 380 FPS : Sniper rifles with full auto

400 FPS + : Sniper rifles with semi auto only and bolt action

That can change for more or less...there is no official definition yet, but we are working on it.

There are always those rich knucle heads that will try to upgrade to 500 + , but i promisse you this: This kind of player will be banned for good.

We just started, so we want to make it right.

Cheers

130 for AEG's

160 for semi

and 199 for bolt actions.

All in M/S that is.

Then we are harsh on security distances and you gotta play for a while and prove you're mature enough for that kind of power.

• 5 weeks later...

With AB rules or FEA rules at Spain we are playing with:

330fps pistols 5mts MED

350fps Assault AEG and shotguns 5mts MED

351-400fps LMG 15mts MED

351-450fps Semi auto Snipers/AEG (only derivated from RS models) 20mts MED

351-550fps Bolt action Snipers 30mts MED

CQB same fps rules with MED 0 for assault AEG and pistols.

If you give 351 with an AEG and it isn't a replica from a real sniper or support weapon you don't play. I can't understand some rules as difference on fps between pistols and assault AEG or shotguns. Or why if i drop my fps under 400 in a BA i have 30mts MED and a support weapon at 400fps it has a 15mts MED...

Local sites:

1. 328 with everything :(

2. 500 with bolties, 425 with semi. 20 meters

3. 500 with boltie, 370 with semi. 20 meters

I prefer Number 2.

Site 1 : ravens nest

Site 2 : Cag

Site 3 : Gunman airsoft

?? sounds like 3 sites around here that use those fps limits.

• 2 weeks later...

Sya 328 + %5 for aegs and 500 for bolt action

Cerberus Airsoft 350 max for aegs and 500 for B A

Stirling services events 370 for aegs (single shot pistol inside only 500 for B A

All have 25 m min engagement distance

I use 30m anything less is pistol only ,basicly because i use .43 graphites

• 2 weeks later...

These are the FPS limits with .2's for Badkarma airsoft in Tennessee on a regular Bad Karma hosted game. Note that this is a huge 44 Acre land mass, CQB is a rarity and most fire fights are within 100-200 feet.

400 for AEG's- No MED

430 for SAW's (No bogus M4 with drum mag's allowed, gota be a legit SAW with a real life counterpart)- 30 foot MED

550 for any boltie/DMR- Has to be turned semi-automatic to be conceived as a DMR. MED is 100 feet for either of those.

Archived