Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but recoil pushes your rifle back :P

i originaly mounted my bipod the same way, its just person preference, now it doesnt bother me which way i have mine, i dont use it loads but more to rest on.

exactly! i usually only use it as a rest & i find it easier to just flip it down from a shooting position if they fold the way i have them! its all personal preferance!

but recoil pushes your rifle back :P

i originaly mounted my bipod the same way, its just person preference, now it doesnt bother me which way i have mine, i dont use it loads but more to rest on.

Thats why you want to push your rifle foward while shooting. It results in a more stable shot. Its not preference, its proper technique. At least in the real world.

doesnt matter in as really ...

Thats why you want to push your rifle foward while shooting. It results in a more stable shot. Its not preference, its proper technique. At least in the real world.

doesnt matter in as really ...

TBH i dont know *fruitcage* all about real steal shooting, never have done, and wont be shooting a real gun till next november.

like you said, it doesnt matter as it is airsoft.

Stage 1 of the ‘cosmetic’ upgrade. Waiting on a new butt stock cover as my mossy oak one didn’t fit. Also going to order a suppressor at the weekend from redwolf. I will also touch up and make the camo tape neater especially around the scope. I know its not very impressive but its my first gun and im just experimenting with it. uhuh026kn0.jpg

Cheers for clearing that up for me buddy. Yep will finish it off in the new year. But for now, its skirmishable. Saying it looks nothing like it is a bit harsh seeing as i have spent alot of time creating the shape. I can see my mistakes, and they will be corrected. Seem's like people only see the bad stuff on arnies and not the effort to at acomplish somthing. I have seen at tops, two attemps to modify a vsr stock to replicate an mcmillans 40 stock and no one has done it this way.

Just anothg pic to show the comparison

DSC01109.jpg

No worries mate. It's definitely coming along too.

I think you've almost persuaded me to do the same with my aps2 stock. Although it'll be more work as it's not as close to the m40a3 stock as the vsr one is. Mostly the butt of the stock that's going to be trouble in that sense though.

Oh and are you going to get one of the adjustable cheek pieces to top it off? I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Keep us posted :)

Cheers

Hi Gents

Hope this is a good as any place to request a few pics of a shorten M700. I have a Tanaka M700 PCS but would like to get it looking more like a TM G-Spec. I was thinking of the G&G short barrel, but how much shorter is it?

Any help & pics would be very grateful. P

I'm not saying it looks bad. but it doesn't look anything like an a4, I don't see a crime in pointing that out. if you post on an open internet forum, wouldnt you expect some criticism?

a4s have a hefty palmswell on the grip, with a slight curve. Theyre also very flat on the sides at the rear of the stock. I'm not sure if you've ever handled one, I'm just going from experience that they are contoured much differently than that. thats it.

here for a bit of clarification:

3y7jlw0.jpg

actual picture of the USMC order:

m40a3b.jpg

Myself at the Combat South Woodland christmas special today.

As you can see the webtex vest is not all that good for winter leaves or foliage as a lot of the surface area cannot be camouflaged as well. See what you think.

Edit: the gspec rifle sleeve seems to be working much more effectively than I first thought.

dscn0755wi9.jpg

I tidied the thread to keep it more civil and on the topic of pictures. <_<

Speaking of which; Senor Bear and Andy 2 Cool... nice job. Hope you were more successfull than me ;)

Interesting to see the scrim over your front lens, yet the large objective lens is still one of the few things that draws the eye and gives you away. That is why I use my 20mm lens more these days. I use tape on the extreme muzzle of the rifle, in case the camo is pulled back (like on your rifle).

I don't use my webtex in this season, as I agree with you, there is not enough foliage to add to it effectively. Dead leaves are not good and are often noisey too (if dry). I go back to a traditional ghillie in winter.

Here's a fellow hunter with a webtex out of season:

PDVD_004.jpg

Good Hunting ;)

Archived