Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

Soren, that looks spot on! I would think that the PVS would be out dated but the rest is perfect!

a slight off topic here. but not really "out dated". the PVS-7 always improved. the newest one is PVS-7D (already 3rd Gen NVG) and seeing use in the "modern" era too :)

pvs7.jpg

i think it's the ARMY SF piccies but i might be wrong.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cam anyne provide info on that pic. Is it Seals? cause i spy a m92 i believe and the individual to the left has the standard carry handle on his M4. It just seems odd to me that a SEAL would use iron sights with the plethora of optics avaliable to them, course iron sights are pretty foolproof.

NVM upon seeing the straight mag i appears that this is a training exercise.

The caption for that pic is:

U.S. Army Soldiers of 19th Special Force, Utah National Guard check gear prior to a mission scenario during a Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Integration Exercise on Camp Williams, Utah, Nov. 14, 2007. The search and recovery exercise expands the expertise and integration of Utah's 211th Aviation Group AH-64 Apache Joint Rotary Wing, 4th Fighter Squadron F-16 Fighting Falcon Striker assets, 19th Special Operations Forces and conducts extensive joint CSAR operations against surface to air threats. (U.S.Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Kevin J. Gruenwald) (Released)

071114-F-6911G-021.jpg

@atomicaardvark:

The soldier on the right is wearing Sordins.

a slight off topic here. but not really "out dated". the PVS-7 always improved. the newest one is PVS-7D (already 3rd Gen NVG) and seeing use in the "modern" era too :)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/polizei23/pvs7.jpg

i think it's the ARMY SF piccies but i might be wrong.

I have PVS-7Bs, and while they're good, I think the 14s would suit my needs better. Now I just need to round up the money for a set of them.

Edited for pic quoting. :P

@atomicaardvark:

The soldier on the right is wearing Sordins.

My bad, I couldn't make out enough details due to the original pic being relatively small; cheers nickless for the larger scale pic (added to me SF reference folder). I know this isn't SEAL related, but as an aside I'll add this:

2086186249_ea887d93e9_b.jpg

Also taken during the same CSAR exercise as the previous one.

Standing on a boat all day in the middle of a lake and getting shot at... I'd wear a flak too.

Damn good chance he was with MRF (Mobile Riverine Force, the ARMY Riverines) or the NAVY's Riverine force, and possibly COAST GUARD. Yeah the times haven't changed either in regards to what HeuteGegangen said you have that pic and then modernday:

LakeHSOC-Rpersec.jpg

Still Flak,s and Kevlar..Hell that dood could have been a SEAL too...you need to remember that when your ona river...you can go forward through the fight or backward from where you just came. Also and this is most common...you go out on patrol and nothing on the way. But the enemy knows that you just came through and have to come back the way you came. Gives them time to set up a nice ambush and you have to go right through it to get home.

So yeah Flak and Kevlar is awsome on there...it's heavy and just standing sucks..but it will keep you alive. So in conclusion that could easily be a seal..they aren't invincible gods you know...well ask a SEAL and they may say otherwise ;).

Damn good chance he was with MRF (Mobile Riverine Force, the ARMY Riverines) or the NAVY's Riverine force, and possibly COAST GUARD. Yeah the times haven't changed either in regards to what HeuteGegangen said you have that pic and then modernday:

"snip"

Still Flak,s and Kevlar..Hell that dood could have been a SEAL too...you need to remember that when your ona river...you can go forward through the fight or backward from where you just came. Also and this is most common...you go out on patrol and nothing on the way. But the enemy knows that you just came through and have to come back the way you came. Gives them time to set up a nice ambush and you have to go right through it to get home.

So yeah Flak and Kevlar is awsome on there...it's heavy and just standing sucks..but it will keep you alive. So in conclusion that could easily be a seal..they aren't invincible gods you know...well ask a SEAL and they may say otherwise ;).

no bow and arrow though, most dissapointed :P

I have a large collection of Vietnam uniforms and gear and one of the books I have details the uniforms and wepons of U.S. Special Forces. There is a large section on SEALs and in almost every riverine picture the guys are wearing flak vests and helmets, unless they are about to disembark and go on patrol or something. Then they have their stripped down set-ups for jungle fighting.

Archived