Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't forget the paracord...

*Just to confirm, I've seen a lot of new pics of SEAL's training and training others greenside at U.S. bases and they still sport woodland BDU's. I'm not hallucinating-right?

No. You're not. Woodland works in the woods. Surprise surprise. Thus, it is worn.

Is the founder Chris Osman(cowriter for the new seal book)? I knew he had something to do with TAG and he was a marine then a SEAL.

If by had something to do with, you mean CEO, then yes

Reading must be one of these newfangled ideas

http://www.theoperatorschoice.com/about.html

Looks, good, who makes your sling?

Thanks. Made by Close Quarters Defense (CQD). Same makers of the CQD front and rear sling mounts issued on MK 18's and Navy M4 CQBR's, M4's that you all have. It's a single/dual point sling used a lot with said rifles. You can see pics of the sling used by the OP: Redwing crew.

*Fact: TAG CEO Chris Osman was with the 1st BN-11th Marines and then SEAL Team 3.

Well, considering we don't have jack *suitcase* in the modern equipment lineup that's supposed to work in more lush areas, M84 Woodland is still the way to go.

Just like how there's still plenty of ALICE gear used for greenside recon, since the MLCS H-harness doesn't really fit everyone (as I was disappointed to learn the hard way).

Actually like the USMC alot fo kit has gone to shades of brown MJK, Coyote, etc.it is good in both desert and non Arid enviroments. So yeah we have kit that is for the more "lush" areas it's called Coyote Brown. And before anyone trys to call BS I can attest from first hand knowledge as in..I have Been there done that and CB works well in Wooded enviroments and goes just fine with woodland cammies. The Coyote kit works just as good as OD..now if you wanna get all technical right now there is nothing I have seen for a really green enviroment better than TW CADPAT hands down. Again I have seen this 1st person non airsoft as well when the Canadians were down during a JTE with Army.

I'm pretty sure he was a ranger. He said something in the preface of the book about not wanting to write the book because he was upset about a recent mission where some rangers were killed while they were working with SEALs.

That was the co-author, Mir Bahmanyar.... maybe you should have read all of the preface ;)

Actually like the USMC alot fo kit has gone to shades of brown MJK, Coyote, etc.it is good in both desert and non Arid enviroments. So yeah we have kit that is for the more "lush" areas it's called Coyote Brown. And before anyone trys to call BS I can attest from first hand knowledge as in..I have Been there done that and CB works well in Wooded enviroments and goes just fine with woodland cammies. The Coyote kit works just as good as OD..now if you wanna get all technical right now there is nothing I have seen for a really green enviroment better than TW CADPAT hands down. Again I have seen this 1st person non airsoft as well when the Canadians were down during a JTE with Army.

That's what I was getting at. MARPAT is good for ground-level camo in lush areas because the brown works really well with rocks, dead leaves, and dirt, and the green works well with grasses and low growth. TW CADPAT is what I was kind of pointing in the direction of: it fits the niche for really really really green environments. Sadly, we no longer wage wars in pretty places anymore.

I still wish everyone just went with MARPAT instead of using different branch-specific camo. :(

Just like how there's still plenty of ALICE gear used for greenside recon, since the MLCS H-harness doesn't really fit everyone (as I was disappointed to learn the hard way).

Did you remove try to remove the middle- waist piece? The way the hardware is set up allows you to in case you're on the small size.

-Piano

Did you remove try to remove the middle- waist piece? The way the hardware is set up allows you to in case you're on the small size.

-Piano

I did, the fit still sucks. When you go down from 5 straight panels to 4, you create hot spots. It feels like you're wearing a box the wrong way. Plus you lose real estate. I hate being small. :(

I'll stick to my ALICE setup. When I get a belt pad for it, I'll post up pictures.

Thanks guys :) I had the photo from the SEAL book in mind when I took this.

I completely forgot about the kitlist, but here you go.

1st line :

EI duty belt w padding

HSGI HSLD braces

Safariland 6004 highride mod

EI pouch w Gerber Diesel multitool

EI utility pouch

Specter Gear dump pouch

2nd line :

Veltye Hugger w lowvis chestrig

TAG triple pistol mag pouch

EI SAW pouch

EI pouch w Emerson CQC 7

EI MBITR pouch

Petzl Taktikka

SF G2 w IR filter

Trauma shears

Flashbang

Comms :

Motorola Saber 2

Nexus U94 PTT

DEVGRU TASC w Peltor downlead

Brain Bucket :

ACM MICH 2000

G&P Norotos mount

Norotos swing-arm

PVS 7

SF HL1-D-TN

MS 2000

NVG counterweight

Blasters :

PTW 07 Max

PGC M4A1 lower

Hogue grip

Colt stock

Vltor stock tube

CQD front, rear sling mounts

LMT rear sight

Aimpoint Comp M2

G&P Wilcox mount

Guarder RAS

PEQ 15

SF 951

VFC QD can

TM P226R

G&P metal body

ITI M6X

Gemtech lanyard tan

Many thanks for posting the kitlist soren. I've got to admit that at first I wasn't too sure on what vest/rig you were running, although I realised that the buckles reminded my of the low vis rig that goes with the Hugger - just wasn't sure. Once again, very impressive kit! You say it's a WIP, what's missing if you don't mind me asking?

Archived