Communication Gear Pictures

Midland GTX something or other and EBB bowman headset with Icom pin. at the moment i can hear out the headset but cannot speak through it. anyone know if there is a remedy for that problem?

IMG_8664.jpg

Hi, here in italy a lot of people use Midland radios, you can try to set your radio in Vox function ;)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I managed to luck out and pick out probably the two most "modern" headset systems out now...

Invisio M3:

dsc0944z.jpg

I found this brand new, however it had a little screw in 3.5mm connector that I removed and replaced with the Nexus TP120. It works perfectly, no impedance issues that I have found. Audio is crisp clear on both RX and TX.

Silynx QuietOps

dsc0945c.jpg

dsc0946m.jpg

I picked this up in a batch of FSBE gear, and really only got the gear for this. It is different from the Invisio in that it has a control box - it is more of a headset "system." There are two dongles coming off of it, and one has an MBITR connection on it and the other has nothing - you can swap out the connections for various radios which I think is very cool.

There are 3 modes - VOX, Whisper, and PTT mode and unlike the Invisio it provides electronic hearing protection (active noise reduction).

The ear buds are also semi modular in that you get the assembly, but have to get foam tips to go on it. Unfortunately, this set only came with one foam plug, and I switched it out for a set of Surefire EP3s which work wonderfully.

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to interface it with any of my radios.

You can read more about it here: http://www.silynxcom.com/c4ops/

If I had to rate the two, I would say I like the Invisio more as it is more simple. About the only thing the Silynx provides is electronic hearing protection (which is great), and the ability to be dual comm out of the box, however the tradeoffs are also an overly complicated system that loves to suck down AAs and is somewhat bulky. The fact that I havent been able to get the Silynx to work well with my radios is also a factor in my verdict...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Balnk, damn sweet setup. I've been looking at Silyx on eBay and they go for crazy figures (except one time few weeks' back where it went for $1250...cheapest I've seen, wished I bid). Other problem is that most/all of the Silyx I've seen are for Motorola's.

I'll post pics of my comms setup later tonight/tomorrow.

Can you hook up the calvavly bowman headsets to a midland vhf radio, links provided underneath. What PTT work with midlands?Icom/Kenwood ...any etc?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/headsets/cavalvy-elite-ii-tactical-headset-tan.html

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-NTVP1-Nautico-88-Channel-Water-Resistant/dp/B0007TJ9SI

I've seen the same...Motorola HT1000's and other style radios. I'd sure like to get my hands on one but the price is just ridiculous. Also, been doing A LOT of homework on the replica MBITR's that are said to work with MIL MBITR PTT's and real SORDIN/Comtac headsets, and not sure if anyone else has done their homework, but here is a link with good info, since I haven't seen much on here, but am still searching and still looking, since I hear the best one's are from either DragonRedAirsoft, or the United Star model. Here's the link

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=114793&highlight=MBITR&page=2

Balnk, damn sweet setup. I've been looking at Silyx on eBay and they go for crazy figures (except one time few weeks' back where it went for $1250...cheapest I've seen, wished I bid). Other problem is that most/all of the Silyx I've seen are for Motorola's.

Woops, sorry...I mistook Balnk's Nacre & binarypunisher's Silynx - will learn to have a closer look next time I read these threads from my iPhone :P.

I'm fairly sure that the U328 MBITR connector on the Silynx could be converted over to an ICOM 2 pin.

I was able to convert the QuietPro MBITR connector into a jack for the Selex radio.

Microphone and speaker was easy, the hard part was the PTT signal. Had to solder directly to the PCB

inside the PTT for the square button.

When I contacted Silynx they said they could make connections for just about any radio, including single pin Motorolas but as of right now production was limited to people with FED/LEO accounts. I know their pricing has to be competitive with TCI and other communication companies otherwise it wouldn't get purchase orders, I'm certainly not dropping $1200 on it but $300-600 ok, especially as I would use this at the range as ear pro.

Will Nacre sell to civvies?

Edited by frogfish

I'm fairly sure that the U328 MBITR connector on the Silynx could be converted over to an ICOM 2 pin.

I was able to convert the QuietPro MBITR connector into a jack for the Selex radio.

Microphone and speaker was easy, the hard part was the PTT signal. Had to solder directly to the PCB

inside the PTT for the square button.

I tried to do it, it wont work without some form of resistor or something at a minimum.

• 3 months later...

Anyone ever hear of a PRC-117 replica, either working or not? And if not anyone have any tips for me on where to get started with making my own, starting with the outer shell?

I'm plannin on having it act as a radio box and hook up to a talkabout or something around those lines, and hooking a PTT to it and some peltor replicas.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...