warning from Star airsoft

noodels

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so ARES products are Star's equivalent of Systema's challenge kit's, they're just reject guns?

So gunner's could have just found/bought a load of reject Star's and sold them and then when they get to the buyer they find out their gun is rubbish/broken and that gives star a bad/even worse name.

To back it up on the gunners forum about the Ares DSR, alot of people have had QC issues, so maybe they failed at making the DSR's (Not many employee's etc)

For the amount of money the DSR you expect it to be working out the box and have at least a decent finish, havn't handled one my self so this is just going off what others have said. Feel like a politician sometimes when it comes to posting in, trying to make sure that anything that i type can not be twisted into soemthing else.

This has raised a fair few questions which I for one would be interested in hearing the answers. The question is what is going on here.... Are they STAR AEG's or not, and if they are STAR's are they faulty (and no I am in no way saying they are)?

Well I noticed gunner labeled all his Star products now as Ares and this makes me think that Star outsources production of there guns and gunner was able find out who thus he was able get them a lot cheaper than going directly through Star.

Well I noticed gunner labeled all his Star products now as Ares and this makes me think that Star outsources production of there guns and gunner was able find out who thus he was able get them a lot cheaper than going directly through Star.

Yeah, they even relabled the L86A2 I ordered as a STAR product as ARES on my order history, but the invoice still says STAR. This seems fishy.

well to me it looks like STAR bought their SA80's from ARES. ARES approached gunner or gunner approached ARES and he now sells them cheaper than STAR. STAR are having a hissy fit but at the end of all this we all get to buy SA80's at a cheaper price.

side note* anyone else noticed that ARES is a rude word if you swap the S and E around :)

Because Gunner is selling genuine STAR products, despite what anyone seems to be thinking. His stuff is made by STAR.

He is undercutting retail prices, that's all. STAR is cranky.

PlasticMag's comment is probably the most accurate.

As for STAR vs. ARES... I have confirmed from multiple sources, many of which are HK manufacturers, that ARES is simply a fabricated name by STAR in order to cover their copyright infringing butts. As many of you know, "ARES" has been trying to get copyright permissions from AMP to make the replica. That deal seems to have fallen through as (from what my contacts have told me) ARES only wanted to make 1000 units of the DSR-1, however, AMP wanted the number to be much higher as AMP gets a cut of every rifle sold. ARES and AMP haven't been able to come to an agreement, and from retailer pressure (and from the fact that they already had the first few hundred made), they had to get the product out onto the market without copyright permission and without the correct trademarks. So in order to avoid a lawsuit, STAR is hiding behind the fake name "ARES"... except... the word is slowly trickling out that STAR is in fact ARES. This has been corroborated from multiple unaffiliated sources. So between STAR getting cranky about being undercut, plus the possibility that AMP discovers that the DSR-1 is on the market and the trail may lead back to STAR, they're freaking out.

Quality wise, my DSR-1 is fantastic and worth every dollar spent.

It could allso be that Gunner got their hands on some Star stuff from another retailer(s) who has/have gone bust & are selling it cheap, because he got it cheap.

But becuase Gunner is not autherised to sell Star products they are p-ed off.

The letter says they looking in to it to see if thay ARE or ARE NOT fakes & or copys.

It did not say they were, but may be.

Anyhow my advise is to make your self a cup of tea , sit down relaxs and see what happen :)

Yeah, because you broke it by taking it apart like a rockape :rolleyes:;)

Because they weren't kind enough to provide a manual that said the quick take down facility would wreck the nozzle.

Ive tried a few different nozzles in it with no joy. Im sure they will provide replacements at some stage (they have for other guns) so I just have to be patient.

Fascinating.

That the STAR lowcap mags they sold are now relabeled ARES as well, suggests that ARES makes far more than just AEGs.

If they're being sold under a different name they definitely must be part of a mysterious different manufacturing process!

I just noticed one thing : I didn't know QRF and thought "Oh ! maybe another shop as nice and cheap as gunner" so I checked their website. QRF actually seems to be an official ARES distributor, so you can download their AEGs' user manual. You can see the ARES logo on each and every page of the manual, but when you closely look at the AEGs' picture, you'll be able to see these are the old STAR AEGs pictures : the AEG surrounded by guncases, which are all marked "STAR"...

wow....what a thread!!

I didn`t go arnies for some weeks...........

Let me tell you guys a story........

this story, include 3 parties.........Manufacturer (M), Wholesaler(W), Retailer (G).

M and W cooperate quite well at the begining...........and all products M produced was branded to " * " by the W.

recently, M and W are not working together for some reasons.......

and M want to sell their stuff in other way...........G is lucky enough to buy a few of their stuff for sale.

Hope this help.

Fung

Archived