Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p90od.jpg

Not really worthy of posting, i kryloned my P90TR today, im not into all the camo jobs and whatnot so a simple olive drab to match my assault vest.

Whats wierd is the colour of the gun is more the shade of the light green on the patch, but any pictures from my camera make it look grey.

Ah well, im pleased with it :)

(i also havent figured out where to put the pressure switch yet thats why its loose)

Edited by oneill
Not really worthy of posting, i kryloned my P90TR today, im not into all the camo jobs and whatnot so a simple olive drab to match my assault vest.

Whats wierd is the colour of the gun is more the shade of the light green on the patch, but any pictures from my camera make it look grey.

Ah well, im pleased with it :)

(i also havent figured out where to put the pressure switch yet thats why its loose)

You could put a few more coats on. That would probably darken it up... Also if you used camo paints they are "Ultra Flat" so it wouldn't really match the shiny fabric.

Edited by Miker
You could put a few more coats on. That would probably darken it up... Also if you used camo paints they are "Ultra Flat" so it wouldn't really match the shiny fabric.

Thats about 6 coats worth there, i didnt think it was going to get any more green than it is, the pic is misleading its actually more green than grey as it is.

Reposting what I said in the armalite thread:

"Wow! That came out pretty cool Souske. IMO it looks more artsy than tactical though.. I kinda imagine you skirmishing with an expensive painting piece instead of a gun lol. Great job as always!"

Thanks again!

I have a question for you Souske. I would like to know what you do to keep the leaves in place while painting, and I would like to know how you get such a sharp outline of the leaves, it looks really really good, and I just want to know how I can make mine better (hence the questions)

Thanks

I just place it on top while I use my free hand to hold the bottom of the stem in order to keep it in place. And if it's not so clear afterwards, you can use a fine brush to touch it up later with some paint.

very very nice that! Top job!

Thanks!

I have seen like 3 different color variations on your 1911/s, and IO have to say this one looks by far the best :D  Very nice looking

Thanks! I wanted something a little different from the rest of the 1911s out there.

Kind of looks two tone dull gold.

Color changes depending on lighting. It's Testor's Enamel Dark Tan.

that looks awesome

Thanks!

hi seen all these cool looking weapons...whats the best alternative to using krylon?? im not paying £10 postage for a can of paint!! cheers Rev

RustOlium. Thats what I use, and I works pretty good IMHO... I have yet to find Krylon, but when I do I will buy some and use it to see if it is any better.

Any paint will do, Krylon is the easiest to paint quickly with, but as Souske has said model paint works fine and isn't as vulnerable to wear as you might think. Plus, the range of colors by Model Master and Tamiya for example far exceeds Krylon's.

Not to mention Krylon Medium Brown is out of stock everywhere in town I check!

Krylon is loads better.  It dries fast so you can remember what you were doing with the paint scheme, and although it isn't as durable as Rust-Oleum, the worn look gives your gun more character.  Besides, the pros use Krylon, not Rust-Oleum.

Actually RustOleum camo paints will dry to the touch in just a couple of minutes, same as Krylon... Also everyone tells me that you can get Krylon at Wal-mart and Home Depot, but I have yet to see it their...