Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The grip I have on there's not 'wood', but Tan from my previous paintjob on the grips. I have 'wood' grips as well that I stuck on there. Why people may ask? Wilson Combat 1911s.

angleoppvb3.jpg

anglesidelu5.jpg

gripcomparisonoh0.jpg

Comparison of the wood vs tan.

I personally don't like black grips very much since I 've seen a lot of OD paint schemes with black grips, so I'll probably keep it like this for a while.

Edited by Souske
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I'll be keeping the slide black...unless I decide to do a Kimber Desert Warrior paint scheme. The only reason I'm not doing that is because I haven't found a durable finish in dark desert earth/tan that'll last. Krylon's camo Khaki's too bright. Krylon's Mimosa finish is still on the bright side as well.

I really like the wood-looking grips on there as well. If it was just black, it would look almost... too new/matching/tacticalomgoffthegunstoreshelf.

And ghost haven't you used that picture like 3 times on these boards in the past week? I mean if you're going to unreasonably cut someone down at least get a good picture...