Ares making a TAR-21 replica

Josiah

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me so you'll have to take my word for it for now.

If theres no more official confirmation before then I should be able to take some photos when I go by next monday

It was definately a TAR though, that rifle is very, uh, distinctive.

I think TSI has the license directly from IWI. I wonder how this will work out for the US and EU distributors and retailers where the license/copyright agreement is enforceable (it may even be enforceable in HK given Magpul's success there). Then again, Cybergun will probably come in and ###### on everyone's cereal with their BS claims as usual. <_<

If it's first on the market and has trades, I'm guessing it'll cost anywhere between 400 and 1000. Simply because if it's priced like other ares guns it'll be low-ish but since it's first on the market and doesn't look half bad in matte black then they could make money on the impatient customers.

It's not on the market yet though. All we've seen from ARES so far is the body of the gun, which granted is a large portion of the R&D, but hardly the entire finished piece. With the DSR-1, ARES had a working prototype on a display case in a HK store for several weeks (months ?) before it was actually released. And look at the other two BFG sniper rifles (PGM mini hecate and CheyTac M200), they had working prototypes of those for a while now and still have yet to release them. As for trades, I'd be surprised if they actually ended up with accurate/realistic trademarks, as the only licensed TAR-21 is the TSI Armories one (regardless of what those Cybergun pukes might claim). After ARES was unsuccessful in securing the copyright/license from AMP for the DSR-1, they went ahead and made their DSR-1 with their own trades. Basically, the race is on between TSI and ARES.

I know a lot of you are waiting for our comment...and for the sake of fair competition I will not slander of critic the ARES version. What I can say, is that the TSI Armories TAR is a few weeks away from completion and will offer features unseen before in a production AEG.

A few tasty morsel of info we can release about our TAR 21:

Fully electronic, programmable, MOSFET controlled trigger and fire selector group

Externally adjustable hop up

100% accurate both in size ,materials and detail to the real steel counterpart

Quick release gear box design using Ver. 3 gearbox

Realistic field strip and design that closely follows the real steel TAR 21

All of the above and more in a price that is far cheaper then our previous offerings

More to come shortly...

Archived