Top Gear

Crocketman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he is the Stig. My guess is that it was just to a) stop people discussing who the stig is. And B) an excuse for an interview with Michael Schumacher. I noticed at the end it said, "staring The Stig", then "With special guest Michael Schumacher". Which implies that they are different people.

Look, the reason that Michael is presented as The Stig in this episode is because he HAD to be there. Who do you think owns the only special black FXX in the whole wide world? It was a bit of a convenient tie-in bombshell to drop for the heck of it, but fact is Michael is not the Stig except this one time.

Anyways its not a real bombshell. News that MS was gonna be unveiled as "The Stig" was already circulating on the net since fri or sat. I saw it on an automotive news website.

uhm yeah... i think the end made all that pritty clear that he isn't "the stig"... :rolleyes::D

anyhow... that Lotus looked quite nice.

Anyways its not a real bombshell. News that MS was gonna be unveiled as "The Stig" was already circulating on the net since fri or sat. I saw it on an automotive news website.

that's great for you ;) , i hadn't heard about it though...

Who do you think owns the only special black FXX in the whole wide world?

People aren't disputing that he was at Top Gear at that time, we still don't know for sure who the actual Stig is because he wears a helmet. For all we know it could be on a rota of F1 drivers.

Of course. As I said, he's only the Stig for that episode. I do believe that the regular Stig who does most of the other driving tends to be a pool of 2 or 3 other drivers. I've heard some rumors about a dark skinned one from that GT3 test day in France that the magazine attended awhile back from StealthBomber. I do think its safe to say that Michael won't be that free to jet over to UK every week to do recording for the BBC. This was purely a one off. Besides, even if that wasn't Mike's own FXX Ferrari would never let a non-Ferrari outsider drive it around the TG test track.

To be honest, anyone who didn't cotton-on to the trick the Beeb was gonna pull revealing MS as The Stig doesn't really know his cars. The black FXX shoulda been a big and obvious clue.

Awesome episode as ever.

One of the guys i know from college has posted on facebook that he has now apparantly met the stig because he has met Michael before, and i thought he was meant to be clever :lol:

Didn't JC say 30 people have purchased one of those FXX's?

Also, that is stunningly fast.

Yes. There is, however, only one black one ever specially made by Ferrari. Owned by one Michael Schumacher. Even if I hadn't seen the news about the Stig's unveiling I'd have expected to see Michael on the show the moment I saw that black FXX.

Maybe so, but by JC's own rule about the sleeping policeman it shouldn't be up there. The car's not even road legal for crying out loud. If thats allowed then so should the Caparo T1 and the Renault F1 car's times be up there.

This might sound a bit pedantic but I KNOW that certain people who've handed over cars to TG for testing have done so on the specific condition that Shumacher wasn't the Stig purely because of his continuing affiliation with FIAT and Ferrari.

Beyond that, I can't see any driver, Shumacher or otherwise, being able to get the best out of everything from an F1 car to a rally car or an ice racer.

It stands to reason it's more than one person, depending on the occasion.

I must say, in the past I'm sure I've heard them make comments such as "the Stig looks a bit shorter than usual" and I've always took that as a deliberate hint that it was a different person to "usual".

Beyond that, I can't see any driver, Shumacher or otherwise, being able to get the best out of everything from an F1 car to a rally car or an ice racer.

It stands to reason it's more than one person, depending on the occasion.

I must say, in the past I'm sure I've heard them make comments such as "the Stig looks a bit shorter than usual" and I've always took that as a deliberate hint that it was a different person to "usual".

You are probably right, though i would hope that it's the usual "guy" that drives the "average" supercars , to get atleast some sort of continuaty in the laptimes...

Never been a big fan of Schumi myself, so am somewhat relieved about him not beeing involved :P There would been some serious love/hate issieus going on in regards to my love for top gear lool

nicely played, i say :D

on an unrelated note, am recording the FIA GT at Oberschleben atm, and was watching the first 30 minutes, when i was reminded that this is the last season where we get to see the nice exotics like the MC12s, Saleens etc... with the new rules we get *fruitcage* japanese ricer cars (==> Nissan GTR)...Oh the excitement <_< talk about a bombshell bummer!

Anyway, can you honestly imagine the BBC funding Schumi for TG... eh naw. It was a good episode, but i agree with Punky on the FXX thing, it shouldn't be allowed on that board!

No offcourse not :P that why i was so "wtf is this then??" when they aired it :)

And i aggree that that FXX shouldn't be on the board at all! But i wouldn't be surprised if it gets taken down next week

Just from the way Michael walked and shrugged and other actions, you could tell it wasn't the usual Stig.

I watch TG quite alot, got most of the episodes on my PC, so they get "rerun" quite abit....

If you could tell that from that little walk to the set...well...i dunno...lol, but might wanna cut back abit on the viewings :P

They went through all the trouble to get Schumacher and he is not doing the F1 Reasonably Priced Car?

well, tbho if that FXX was his, i bet it was more like, ok i'll lend you my car, and i'll give the Liana a go, but if i don't finish 1st, you'r not airing it or your not getting my car !

lol

Anyway, did anyone else notice the silly amounts of pretty ladies in the start montage bit!? :D:mellow:

no..., damnit, i missed the first minutes as i was on a coffeerun to the kitchen...

No offcourse not :P that why i was so "wtf is this then??" when they aired it :)

And i aggree that that FXX shouldn't be on the board at all! But i wouldn't be surprised if it gets taken down next week

I watch TG quite alot, got most of the episodes on my PC, so they get "rerun" quite abit....

If you could tell that from that little walk to the set...well...i dunno...lol, but might wanna cut back abit on the viewings :P

I have Dave on showing TG reruns when nothing much else is on. I simply reckoned that Schuey wasn't "robotic" enough on his walk. Then again he's probably doing this for the 1st time so why would he have nailed it spot on?

As for Schuey not doing the reasonably priced car, it's probably because he has nothing to gain but plenty to lose reputation-wise as a 7 times F1 world champion if he comes in slower than say, oh... Lewis? Or Damon?

The reason he didn't do the F1 reasonably priced car is because The Stig is at the top of that leaderboard and they're saying The Stig is Schumacher. Therefore he'd be on there twice.

Wait till Lewis comes back and does it in the dry. Now that his Macca's a bit of a dog, he might as well swap it for a Liana. Might be faster!

Archived