Top Gear

Crocketman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a very good program, but it wasn't exactly 'Top Gear' was it.

Wouldn't you be ###### off if you got tickets to top gear and you got to see 30 seconds of talking at the start and that was it haha

That was probably filmed at the same time as one of the other episodes.

haha :D I love Top Gear, been watching it since i was a wee lad, back when Clarkson still had a full head off curly hair and they did mostly normal car reviews :) Even back then, hearing him break down a car was a good laugh :)

They have had a bunch of presenters, of the top of my head, tiff needell, that vicky whats her name, a chubby bloke whos name i can't remember, and probably a few more i cant think of now...

The current trio however has elevated the show to amazing new heights :) Whenever i'm in the UK for the weekend during top gear season, i make it an absolute point to be in my hotel room at 8pm so i don't miss it lol

Working for a major truck company i really enjoyed the lorry driving episode :D I laughed my *albatross* off seeing Clarkson f himself up ramming that magnum through a brick wall hahaha and how Hammond drove of TWICE dropping his trailer nose first into theground lmao

It's a miracle they don't end up in the hospital more often like Hammond :P

the vietnam episode was uberlol

*reveals bike covered in stars and stripes, Born in the USA blasting through the speakers*

Bunch of locals giving a wtf look .... :rofl:

best part however:

*I'm boldly going where no American has ever gone!!!*

*thumb*

*hits pavement at 15mph*

:rofl:

Incorrect, Tiff and Vicky used to present topgear with Clarkson when it was on the bbc. It went off air for a short time and then reappeared on channel5 as 'fith gear' with Tiff, Vicky and a few others. The bbc then relaunched the show as TopGear with Clarkson, Hamster and that chubby bloke who was some kind of motoring journalist/ sales man come wheeler dealer or something like that; he was replaced with May after a few series and thats how its stayed since. I know this stuff see.... :)

Vicki Butler-Henderson presented Top Gear between 1997 and 2001.

Tiff Needell presented from 1987 to 2001.

Quentin Willson presented fom 1991 to 2001.

When the show was cancelled in 2001, they all went off to present 5th (now Fifth) Gear.

The show was keek back when tiff and willson presented. Reviewing normal cars was boring enough without tiff explaining how to drive evvverryyyy car he ever got into.

The Nam ep was hilarious especially with them being hounded by the mini USA bike.

Just hearing the music off camera had me in stitchs.

Thanks much for you interest in an internship at TopGear.com America. We are reviewing your application (and frankly a whole bunch of others), and will be in touch the folk soon to know the ins and outs of copy machines, coffee orders and our CMS. If you don’t hear back, please don’t take it personally and be sure to apply again in the future (there’ll be no lack of need in quarters/years to come).

Thanks and cheers,

The TopGear.com America team

This can get very interesting very soon.

Top Gear has evolved into the must see show on TV at the moment.

The Vietnam episode was magical, and the end titles on the specials crack me up -

Archbishop Desmond Clarkson et al after the Africa special, Francis Ford May et al after the Vietnam special.

An utter joy.

The only thing I'd change is adding Quentin Wilson to the line up, as his one-liners, raised eyebrows and overal style is utterly pro.

James May is currently the greatest presenter in the UK.

one of the funniest ones was the one where they had to buy muscle cars and go across America... think it was to the salt flats at Bonneville (Sp) and Jezza decided to get a practice speed-run in the "bago"...

May: CLARKSON! I KNOW IT'S YOU!

Clarkson: May, what's wrong?

May: I'M ON THE THRONE YOU IDIOT!!!!! :rofl:

and then there was the one where they sailed to france in a Toyota...

I'd love to meet the guy who comes up with the ideas for the challenges :)

one of the funniest ones was the one where they had to buy muscle cars and go across America... think it was to the salt flats at Bonneville (Sp) and Jezza decided to get a practice speed-run in the "bago"...

May: CLARKSON! I KNOW IT'S YOU!

Clarkson: May, what's wrong?

May: I'M ON THE THRONE YOU IDIOT!!!!! :rofl:

and then there was the one where they sailed to france in a Toyota...

I'd love to meet the guy who comes up with the ideas for the challenges :)

They always say on the blogs and similar that they think up most of the challenges in the pub, although i bet they have an army of people to think these up. I wouldnt be suprised if a lot of them are suggestions by viewers however.

The races are carefully chosen to ensure that a nail-biting conclusion is reached, and these obviously involve a lot of researchers and planners.

But the programme is gold.

I defy anyone not to laugh when Clarkson gets up a dubious internet image to the horror of May and Hammond, or when May is questioned about a car he banged on about for a series and then immediately 'forgot about' this series; and just deadpans a "no"...it is that timing and style that makes the programme unmissable.

They should drop 'Star in a reasonably priced car' - or at least re-format it, as it is too 'chat-show' and the plugs are just blatent. It used to be fun and off-the-wall, now it is a 15 minute advert instead of 15 minutes of comedy gold that could fill the slot.

Archived