More ACM StG44 photos, courtesy of Gunfire

Mike_West

AK-47/74/SVD scope rail, some sort of scope mount or even a SVD nightvision scope and you have instant but modern Vampir replica.

Ill be getting at least 2 of these. One to keep nice and one to "F up" as described above. Hunt me down if you must for putting a scope rail on, but Ill see you coming with my night vision. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now all we need is a Sten / M1 or M2 Carbine in decent AEG form and WW2 airsoft will be much better.

As for the StG44 / MP43 thing they are in essence the same thing. MP43 as of Hitler's remark about the name assault rifle (it was just the words sturm and gewher put together, there is no 'original' name for it just two words back to back). Then they had the StG44 when it was okayed by Hitler.

The name MP44 was given to someof an eary batch of models made in '44 which where built to cheaper standard due to war effort but where later called StG44 as the new name came in.

But this and some Splinter for me i think.

'FireKnife'

Small correction there KnifeFire - It was designated MP - MaschinenPistole in order to hide its development from Herr Hitler!!! Who had expressly forbidden the boys in R&D from developing an Assault Rifle - Of course when old Addypops was introduced to it he immediately did what most despots do - He claimed it was all his idea and promptly renamed it Sturmgewehr! surprise surprise - Assault Rifle!!!!!

I have been lucky enough to handle and fire the real steel - along with other such 3R goodies such as FG42 Typ1 - If the airsoft one handles as well as it's real steel counterpart then one is being added to my inventory FOR SURE! They are slabby and clunky to carry and sling - They don't balance well and you tend to carry them with your hand curled around the magwell - but bring it into the shoulder and the baby disappars! Slender cross sectional profile, straight through sightline - comes up to the aim instinctively.

post-45585-1231704032_thumb.jpg

Me at Swynnerton in 2006 with a live real steel MP43

I'll be keeping mine stock or I may mount a ZF4 -

Small note - the MP44 differed outwardly from the MP43 in that it had the barrel machined to allow the fitting of the standard rifle grenade discharger. I tested this by fitting my real steel one to a Stg44 and it looked so cool!!!!!!! Also the Yugos took lots of them and used them post war - lots of inert rounds you find are Yugo - and during the Balkan conflict loads came out of armouries and saw service.

post-45585-1231704257_thumb.jpg

Me at Beltring in 2005 with live real steel MP43

Looking forwards to seeing the first ones arrive here.....

PS - My friend has a working Vampyr set in his collection...... Makes your back ache carrying it on the harness - makes the gun heavy to hold in the aim position.

I know that the Airsoft world and the Gaming world are entirely separate. But I think that since their is such coincidental parallelity between what guns are on COD and which models are produced in airsoft (e.g. Stg44/COD5) then perhaps we should all go to them with our ideas, :P.

All those airsofters who have mad cravings for a particullar unique, odd and previously unattempted model (in the airsoft world) should write to Infinity Ward and ask them to include it in COD 6, thus drastically improving its chances of it being produced in airsoft form.

If only my theory was real, cause then I really would write to Infinity Ward and beg for a BREN.

Well, if, and it's a big if, the theory did hold true then yes I guess it would have, but then my theory deals with the relative chances of the guns being produced, not them definitely being produced.

@Snowman- Without highjacking the thread too much and converting it into a COD 5 thread, I have to agree the BAR sound is nice. But my definite favourite in terms of sound is the PPSh41 SMG. I normally prefer the design of the American guns and I guess that still is true, but COD 5 has pretty much converted me, I love the Mosin-Nagant and PPSh41 now. I am not even sure if the sound produced by the PPSh41 on the game is true to the real steel, and I suspect it isn't, but I still think it sounds awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recieved my AGM MP-44 last night. Nice overall appearence, heavy, with a good rof. It chronoed on 2 seperate units at 390fps average.

Gun%20in%20box.JPG

Overall.JPG

Length - 940mm (37 inches)

Inner Barrel - 343mm (13.5 inches)

Gearbox - Version 2

Magzine - 500rnd highcap

Battery - 8.4v AK stick type. Battery Compartment is in the stock

Hopup - M16 design

I did not disassemble the gun at all other than to put the battery in. I do not know at this time whether the bushings are metal, or what size they are. The GB itself is metal though, and is clearly a V2.

I will be skirmishing it this weekend, so Ill let everyone know how that goes on Sunday evening. In the mean time, here is a link to a photo review.

where did you buy it? it looks damn nice :) lucky you !

I bought it from a local retailer in the states. His distributor is in China currently. Appearently he bought 2 dozen from the factory, and had them express shipped over to the states. As far as I know, they haven't even hit the streets in HK yet. :)

The box doesn't even have artwork, so my guess is they were shipped quickly to the states.

It's a nice piece. I am looking forward to using it this weekend. I have to say, it is a considerable improvement over the MP-40 from AGM. If this is their current level of quality, then AGMs upcoming MG-42 will really be something special. ;)

I bought it from a local retailer in the states. His distributor is in China currently. Appearently he bought 2 dozen from the factory, and had them express shipped over to the states. As far as I know, they haven't even hit the streets in HK yet. :)

The box doesn't even have artwork, so my guess is they were shipped quickly to the states.

It's a nice piece. I am looking forward to using it this weekend. I have to say, it is a considerable improvement over the MP-40 from AGM. If this is their current level of quality, then AGMs upcoming MG-42 will really be something special. ;)

put some watermark on your pics please, or soon your pics are famous in all chinese sites with someone claiming its their own ;)

Archived