Special Forces Civilian/PMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys, wasn't our intention to copy the Blackwater video, I had actually just put the camera down on a ledge so I could use both hands...ended up in a 5 minute plus video of not alot.

Notice in the first pic theres a sign saying '150kgs or one person' then the second pic has two people.

Not sure what you mean by that...the sign is referring to the rappel hook on the left used for abseiling from the roof, not the maximum occupancy of the building.

I have a question: I've been looking for a molded holster for my Glock 17 (TM model). I don't particularly like drop-leg platforms, so I've been thinking about mounting it directly to my Eagle duty belt. Is this possible? If so, which SERPA should I get for the TM G17 (which I have heard is a tight fit in SERPAs meant for the real deal).

Yes, theres a MOLLE adapter for the SERPA platform. Many say get the hard plastic one instead of the fabric one (if they make those anymore). For the TM G17, you got to get the G20/21 one since the TM model's slides are a bit too thick.

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...&ProdID=884

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...amp;ProdID=1548

The only thing I think is better than SERPAs are Safarilands but since you don't like drop legs, the SERPA is a good holster as well.

The only thing I think is better than SERPAs are Safarilands but since you don't like drop legs, the SERPA is a good holster as well.

Safarilands makes belt holsters also. ALS, Raptor, etc. Or a 6004 SLS holster with an extremely high ride; probably be about an inch from the belt.

Thanks for the prompt response guys. I really appreciate it. SKD isn't loading for me right now so I'll look into this as soon as I can.

For reference, my belt is one of these:

DBSB.jpg

I already have a triple HSGI pistol mag pouch set on it. With a holster, it'll be my first line. :D

Ah, I misread the question. For some reason I read Eagle chest rig. That was dumb.

I have a paddle holster on mine. It doesn't really fit on those belts too well. I dunno about the belt loops are any better.

Can I have a picture of your holster on the belt, by any chance?

BHI is more appealing to me than Safariland because I can't really afford to drop $100-150 on a holster. As long as the thing doesn't fly off when I run and delivers my pistol when I need it, I'm fine.

I have a question: I've been looking for a molded holster for my Glock 17 (TM model). I don't particularly like drop-leg platforms, so I've been thinking about mounting it directly to my Eagle duty belt. Is this possible? If so, which SERPA should I get for the TM G17 (which I have heard is a tight fit in SERPAs meant for the real deal).

You can with a little ingenuity make the stock 6004 really high ride:

gallery_4745_1453_30048.jpg

The main idea of a drop leg rig is to clear armour but there is little value to having your pistol flapping about on your leg. Looking at your kit a belt mounted holster doesn't look ideal, your draw stroke will be hampered by the plate carrier and straps. You also rather oddly have your drop leg mounted on the left when you appear to be shooting right handed, had you switched hands at some point?! Making your current or a new holster ride higher might be a good compromise.

Reborn, chekc out the Eagle G-Code holster. It has tons of mounting platforms (including belt), comes in a variety of colors and can be yours for $40. Also, it's a pretty awesome holster :)

G-code holsters are not made by Eagle, they are just a distributor. That said, I have two G-code holsters and they retain my real guns just fine. I find that it fits my real Glock and 1911 excellently.

I just bought my second SERPA CQC holster, and the only thing that'll ever make me buy a different holster again is if I need a dropleg for a lighted pistol, in that case it'd be an SL6004 :)

there's really no holster I can recommend higher :)

Very nice - possibly some of the finest I have seen in a long time. I especially like the HSGI 'Satch there. My loadout is very similar, only adapted for the summer heat.

These are from a while back and I have since made modifications to the loadout. Now, the ballcap has a U.S. flag patch on the front and "Don't Tread on Me" patch on the back. The Wasatch has been amended with three snap-fastened utility pouches on the front (scavenged from a rifle bag) for loose ammo and tools. The carbine is an old M733 with some handpicked parts (an under barrel flashlight mount with a Surefire G2 is to come) and a CompML2.

I'll be investing in another carbine soon - an M4A1 with Magpul accessories (handguard, grip, stock, and magazines) and an EOTech 553/Vltor FBS-R sight combination instead of the carrying handle. Keep your eyes out for those. :D

jericho?

Archived