Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

cheers. :)

even that pic doesn't do it justice. the finish is very nice. i have a load of pics of the internals but i left them at work.

compared to the Star scar, (the best quality Scar exterior in airsoft form at the moment) the masada actually looks better,

3214712759_273da14d3c.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, This isn't a Scar thread,

but Ive had both of them and i can say for sure, That the VFC finish isn't as good, the color is off and it feels cheaper than the Star. the Star is streets ahead.

wouldnt you agree?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3263/319512..._f8589a5d76.jpg

The STAR's on the left and the VFC is on the right with the STAR EGLM? Would I agree the the STAR looks better, ever after your pic? No. But like you said, this isn't a SCAR thread. Back to Masadas.

That much is obvious, the cheek plate and stock hinge design make it easy to distinguish which is which, however, the upper receiver, lower receiver and pistol grip are all different colors on the VFC, its also more soft and flexible than the Star.

I don't quite get some peoples loyalty to the VFC scar, there seems to be a small number of diehard VFC fans on this forum even with all the many faults of the VFC. So, i got both and came to my conclusion. Star is a supior rifle, simple as :)

anyway....

I love this feature.

3214698209_9793275c7f.jpg

I don't quite get some peoples loyalty to the VFC scar, there seems to be a small number of diehard VFC fans on this forum even with all the many faults of the VFC. So, i got both and came to my conclusion. Star is a supior rifle, simple as :)

LOL... Well that's how opinions work. Everyone has one and they don't all agree. Like Magsz said once you handle a real SCAR maybe you'll be in a better position to judge a replica's accuracy. But that's okay. You like your STAR SCAR and that's all that matters. :)

Or that guy could be really small. He does have the buttstock fully extended. I can't imagine the foregrip is much larger than that on the G36. Just look back over the comparison photos. The Masada/ACR is slimmer than the SCAR, but about the same size.

anyone know if there are any plans to release a railed handguard and CQB length barrel?

I like the handguard and stock from the SHOT show videos.

Darkchild

From what I know in the news section the PTS version, should be a complete modular system.

So you are going to be able to change your rifle like you see fit.

btw apparently the knockoff masada is build by Waterloo.hk.

Some pics of mine and comparisons with size next to a few of my other RIFS, as can be seen not much longer than an Aug with the butt at full extension. According to the manual it is quick and easy to swap barrels, so hopefully they will realease a shorter barrel set as well.

Anyone know where you can buy the Waterloo stock from, pm me if you do?

Masada1.jpg

masada2.jpg

masada3.jpg

That's right, I'm sure the "real" Magpul PTS Masada is not launched yet, this is kind of some knockoff from somewhere.... :o

It isn't relised yet but that is a RS one, possibly from SHOT 2008 as it is the old Masada design with the rear mounted cocking handle.

its also possible that he is using the sniper variant and a larger caliber such as the 7.62 which is why the fore grip looks huge and the barrel is so long

...You can have a short barrel on a 7.62x51mm rifle...

But we digress... How many of you guys have the ACM Masada? Is it only Blazed?

Archived