Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to be nit-picky, but can the stuff handle a sufficient amount of stress? Never really thought of Gorilla Glue....

Neither did I till I used it for the first time earlier this year. I found it to be crazy strong. One thing to keep in mind though is that it expands and gets into every crevice. So keep an eye on it as it sets (like for half an hour).

<br />Neither did I till I used it for the first time earlier this year. I found it to be <b>crazy strong</b>. One thing to keep in mind though is that it expands and gets into every crevice. So keep an eye on it as it sets (like for half an hour).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'll have to try that when I get some Gorilla Glue sometime later.

Not to interrupt the official ACR discussion, but I was wondering if someone could give me some insight.

My A&K Masada's folding stock catch broke.

And I wanted to know if any of you guys had any advice on how to keep my stock closed without it.

JB Weld Quick does the job as well. Saved my masada's mag catch. Though It will be interesting trying to do any upgrades to the mechbox.

I have no idea at this point. I'm waiting like everyone else. I was sent pics of the ACR and FPG, but they're unofficial pics so I can't post them. But it's still moving forward as planned as far as I know (as of one week ago).

DARN IT! Oh well, guess its a GBB and the finishing touches to my carbine this xmas , such a tragedy .

Aalso come one USCM you know you want to post them :P

Hopefully now that the A&K masada can be sold legitimately, we might see more parts becoming available for it, Mag catches, Fire selectors, Short barrels and especially stock latches could all do with being uprated. then the hopup unit while their at it. :)

hopefully now that the A&Ks are being sold legitimately, people will stop asking REDICULOUS amounts of money for them. maybe now ill be able to buy a used one for around $180 instead of $360. but, im holding out for the PTS version and ill make my decision then.

The Masada is now at US retailers! (The licensed one, anyways)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6045

Ya, but at the cost of over 100 more then if you ordered it from overseas WITH shipping included! Figures, Still waiting for the PTS version. As I already have a A&K

According to them, it is extremely rare... :rolleyes:

Description:

A&K Full Metal Magpul Masada Airsoft Gun ( Licensed / Tan )

This Product is Extremely Rare. Only a FEW exist in the world. Airsoft GI is proud be one of the lucky retailers to sell this gun.

Product does NOT Include Red Dot Scope.

I recieved my trademarked one 2 weeks ago from eHobby Asia. 198.00 was the selling price. 87.00 for 3 day shipping (the ONLY option offered) is 285.00USD.

ASGI stands to make at minimum 45.00 on the sale from their store, add another 15-26.00 for cross country shipping. I have found ASGI notoriously high on their prices. Thats the reason I almost never use them unless it is for accessories or parts.

On a side note- Selling Masadas even to average players is still a chore. People are very cheap. I just sold my older untraded new in the box Masada for 2/3 what I paid for it originally.

You do realise shops do not pay HK prices for their stock, it's a rough 40% discount (or it was last i bothered looking) for trade prices, their shipping is shared with the other xxx amount of other AEG in the shipment, so they make a bit more than $45 on top ;)

You do realise shops do not pay HK prices for their stock, it's a rough 40% discount (or it was last i bothered looking) for trade prices, their shipping is shared with the other xxx amount of other AEG in the shipment, so they make a bit more than $45 on top ;)

Yes, I do realize this. I was speaking in general terms. It still doesnt change the fact that ASGI prices are generally higher than most retailers, even stateside ones.

In this instance though they probably feel that they can charge a premium for a traded Masada, as they are the only ones in the states carrying it. They are trusting that the average consumer is either ignorant or lazy and wont order from overseas, where I have proven that one can pay less for the same gun including shipping.

Yes, I do realize this. I was speaking in general terms. It still doesnt change the fact that ASGI prices are generally higher than most retailers, even stateside ones.

In this instance though they probably feel that they can charge a premium for a traded Masada, as they are the only ones in the states carrying it. They are trusting that the average consumer is either ignorant or lazy and wont order from overseas, where I have proven that one can pay less for the same gun including shipping.

well lets not forget their great 10% discount right now. Its not lord awfully to high priced! (I would still rather have the G&P version though and the actual ACR even more!!)

Am I correct thinking that the G&P internal short barreled version has a metal upper and the A&K a composite one? All these versions make my head hurt. :P

I cannot speak to the G&P version, but I know for a fact that the upper receiver on the A & K version (non traded and traded) is metal.

Am I correct thinking that the G&P internal short barreled version has a metal upper and the A&K a composite one? All these versions make my head hurt. :P

The g&p is in fact the a&k body with G&P internals! At least that's what I have come to understand because of the tokyo model page states that it just has G&P internals (including their excellent 8mm gearbox and the m120 motor!)

Archived