Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i just ask..why are american cars so bloody poo compared to British cars or british.

The best car ive seen the yanks pul out is a Ford GT.

But its funny how the British can manage to create cars from Aston Martin, Ascari,Ariel,Lotus and Bentley...all original British companies.

Come on America....MAKE SOME CARS!!!!!!!!

drive a mustang, GT, shelby mustang, a vette, viper and then tell me that american cars are still ######

plus, if anything, japan cars own everyone. and you havent even touched on the whole german or italian side of cars yet. Trust me, british cars are far from the best

Edited by Evilkid420

American cars are, in general, ######, at least compared to German and Japanese cars. They handle like ###### and the QC in Japanese and most Euro cars is a whole hell of a lot better nowadays. There are a few obvious exceptions though, as already pointed out. I'd never buy a muscle car though, acceleration + cornering is more fun than going fast in a straight line any day.

Hell, I'd even take a Toyota pick-up over an American one unless I needed one of the huge heavy-haulers like the F350. Which I don't.

Currently saving pennies for an E36 325/328 or even an M3 if I'm patient... or dare I hope... an E30 M3? :wub:

Edited by BARsrule2

rumblebee1sm.jpg

2004 Dodge Ram Rumblebee 4x4 one of 300 made in black and production# 3249 of 6000.

AFE Cold air intake, custom 3" duals, eliminated resonator, Flowmaster Hemi Super 40 muffler, custom katzkin yellow/black leather with production number and emblem ebroidered into the head rests. Gets about 17MPG on the highway sometimes 18 if I drive REAL gingerly. But unlike most, I need a real truck that can haul (see below).

0916061845b.jpg

And of course the reason I need the truck (well one of a few reasons) sorry a Honda Ridgeline won't cut it here... Almost 6000Lbs curb weight, 23' LOA, 8' Beam powered by a Mercury Mercruiser 496 Magnum EFI 8.1 Liter for the rest of the world. Lays down 419 horse at the flywheel, 375 horse at the prop and runs 70+ with a light load. At normal crusing speeds I have a range just shy of 300 miles at 3 MPG. (Boats are woefully inneficient). It also has a 946 watt RMS audio system that I installed myself, lots of electronic goodies I've installed and some high po goodies as well.

stingray5.jpg

And the "other" tow rig.... For when I need to move a mountain, dig a ditch, mow the lawn or move the boat... And yeah, it cost more than your average midsized sport sedan. This one (diesel) gets decent fuel economy, of course it only has a top speed of about 26 MPH down hill if I am lucky.. :)

I also have an 01 Dodge Stratus ES 2.7L V6 sedan which gets 30 MPG and runs pretty decent. I used to have it slammed to the ground on coil overs and 18's but with out terrible roads my Kidneys were complaining so I went back to stock. I don't have any photos online but it's just a Stratus, go look at any rental car lot :)

your not honestly trying to say that a mustang or corvette or viper beats either a DB9..Pagani Zonda...FERRARI...LMABORGHINI!!! come on you have really got to think about what europe has to offer, yes fair enough in ameica cars are OK for driving in straight lines...have you ever heard of a corner before? i tell you what..drive a lotus exige and that will tell you straight away what it is like to drive a car...a proper car

your not honestly trying to say that a mustang or corvette or viper beats either a DB9..Pagani Zonda...FERRARI...LMABORGHINI!!! come on you have really got to think about what europe has to offer, yes fair enough in ameica cars are OK for driving in straight lines...have you ever heard of a corner before? i tell you what..drive a lotus exige and that will tell you straight away what it is like to drive a car...a proper car

Yeah that's why the Corvette C6 Z06 currently holds one of the second fastest lap times of any car ever run at the Nurnbring(sp) and it did so on OEM stock tires. Do the research...

Also as much as Jeremey HATES Corvette's he really couldn't argue where the Z06 went on the Power Board.. Don't be a HATER out of IGNORANCE...

Lambo? Please.... I've been a Lamb lover for decades but they are hardly a quality vehicle, nor have they ever been.... I love the Aston as well, but again they tend to have big problems..

The fact is that you can buy a brand new Z06 Corvette off a dealership showroom floor for seventy thousand dollars US and it will get 30MPG all day long on the highway, runs high 10's in a straight line, pulls over a G and a half in the turns, has massive brakes and will pull down from 60 in 106' or so, all day long...

I just love all the haters out there that really don't know jack about the caliber of sports car built right here in the states... The Z06 is also LIGHT for such a big sports car... Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, Titanium.... All the exotic stuff for 70K....

End rant... I am not responding again on the topic of American vehicles, the rest of the world can be as ignorant and blind as they want to be... At least some of us in the US are open minded about vehichles from all over the world.

While the Z06 is an amazing car and is dirt cheap at the price of 70k, most american cars in the last 10 years have been far from being competitive with their european and asian counterparts.

Also, the way you get a 70k zo6 is by ditching all the high end interior products. It's mostly plastic interior and it feels like plastic all over.

While the Z06 is an amazing car and is dirt cheap at the price of 70k, most american cars in the last 10 years have been far from being competitive with their european and asian counterparts.

Also, the way you get a 70k zo6 is by ditching all the high end interior products. It's mostly plastic interior and it feels like plastic all over.

Do you own one? Have you owned one?

I have owned five Corvettes the last one was a 2000 Z51 6 speed (and the C6 is essentially an updated C5) I had no complaints on the interior of my C5 and the C6 is leaps better (and yes I have hands on experiance, one of my best friends happens to own a Magnetic Red Z51 C6). They have made massive leaps forward in the interior quality. But at the same time they face the double edged sword of weight vs. substance and to meet a 2900lb curb weight for the Z06 you will have to shed the weight somewhere. If the car was physically smaller, this would be easier (say Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice dimensions) but then you run into having a hard time shoe horning in a V8 and keeping it a well balanced car.

My hats off to the engineers for the car they have produced and the benchmarks it has set and a price that is basically unheard of. I don't make "big" money and I could afford a Z06 if I wanted to.... The average man will never afford most cars from Europe nor afford the maintence most of them require.

That's all :)

yeah in your previous statement, you said BRITISH CARS, not european cars. and i even said that japanese, italian, and german cars own all. so basically your contradicting yourself and basically putting what i said way out of context. just get out of here please

yeah in your previous statement, you said BRITISH CARS, not european cars. and i even said that japanese, italian, and german cars own all. so basically your contradicting yourself and basically putting what i said way out of context. just get out of here please

And actually new new corvettes are amazing at cornering. ferrari have lost their way, doesnt look like they are ever going to beat the F40, lambo's were mean and deadly, now they are girly, all the standard japanesse sports cars look like normal road cars, dont know where they are from but the Nobels look sweet, lotus - wouldnt touch one with a barge pole, own one through winter and the rotting suede finnish inside letting off its putride old wee wee smell will put you off. aston martin DB9 FTW!!!!

yes most european + japanese cars are built better and will last longer than american cars but who can not like the look of american muscle cars and some of the new corvettes and the new dodge challenger :P

yes ferarris and lambos are good looking and fast but only millionares can pick them up now where as euro, jap and american cars can be picked up for a fraction of the price and be moddified to be faster than bugattis

some nissan skylines have been tuned and had different engines added and done speed over 250mph google it if you dont believe me

1988 Chevrolet Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette

One of The Worlds Fastest Street Legal Cars... 254.76 MPH

csc33.jpg

What was Europe doing back in the eighties???? :D

Any chance of getting off the whole USA vs the world cars produced ######s and back to actual photos of peoples motors ?

Or would that be too much on topic... I'll get some pics up of my new motor when I can get hold of my digicam and a place that has the space to get a few shots from different angles. Maybe tommorow if the uni carpark is empty :)

Any chance of getting off the whole USA vs the world cars produced ######s and back to actual photos of peoples motors ?

Or would that be too much on topic... I'll get some pics up of my new motor when I can get hold of my digicam and a place that has the space to get a few shots from different angles. Maybe tommorow if the uni carpark is empty  :)

Yeah sure.. Getting back on topic would be great.. Just try to keep the Euro/Asian zealots from starting another BASH Fest against cars made in the States.

I for one, love cars from the world over.. But I'm not a zealot for any particular country... I am a automobile lover! :)

So yes, show us them rides!