RAV/Paraclete Discussion

Troubadour

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, on a real Paraclete there's a small flap that comes out from the place they're inside. Pantac neglected to make them, so they run exposed.

Truely, that kinda stinks. I have only handled the real ones. The replicas came out after I already had gone through two RAV's

Out of curiosity and interested does the RAV come with 8 to 9 rows of MOLLE? HK websites never accurately depict product sizing.

Binary's is a medium and it is 7 wide..... or were you asking about something else?

Binary's is a medium and it is 7 wide..... or were you asking about something else?

Knowing that the medium has 7 rows is good, I assume that a Large has 8. I ask because I'm tall at 6'1" and when I wear PCs I don't like having my lower abdomen exposed that much.

Also how do you go about sizing a real RAV?

Can you remove the wire while maintaining the sturdiness? dont care if its not releseable anymore

It falls apart without the cables (surprise!)

You do can tie it together with 550 cord btw (or zipties, which is what I used on the last RAV I sold... because the guy was to frikkin' huge to have it properly fit with the standard cables, lol)

Thanks pkekyo, I just asked cause i dont know anything about zippers... for me all are the same... ^_^U

Zmarre, I asked about the release cable because I was told that you could take out the cable on a warrior ricas and just disable the "release" feature, so I was wondering if I could do the same with a RAV :) but if it cant be done, I will stick to my other pantac light carrier

Zmarre, I asked about the release cable because I was told that you could take out the cable on a warrior ricas and just disable the "release" feature, so I was wondering if I could do the same with a RAV :) but if it cant be done, I will stick to my other pantac light carrier

It most definitely can be done, you just need to replace the wire you take out with something else to secure the straps stay where they are.

Real world RAV sizing is done as follows (taken from optactical):

Size:................Chest:.......Height:......Plate Size:

Small................38"-42"......67"-71".......Sm. 8.75" x 11.75"

Medium.............42"-46"......68"-74".......Md. 9.5" x 12.5"

Medium-Long.....42"-46"......72"-76".......ML. 9.5" x 13.75"

Large.................46"-50"......70"-74".......Lg. 10.25" x 13.25"

XLarge...............50"-54"......72"-76".......XL. 10.75" x 13.75"

Real world RAV sizing is done as follows (taken from optactical):

Size:................Chest:.......Height:......Plate Size:

Small................38"-42"......67"-71".......Sm. 8.75" x 11.75"

Medium.............42"-46"......68"-74".......Md. 9.5" x 12.5"

Medium-Long.....42"-46"......72"-76".......ML. 9.5" x 13.75"

Large.................46"-50"......70"-74".......Lg. 10.25" x 13.25"

XLarge...............50"-54"......72"-76".......XL. 10.75" x 13.75"

Thank you for all the replies, I definitely will explore getting a real RAV at the appropriate time. Atomic thanks especially for that sizing chart.

According to that sizing chart I wouild fall into the Small category for the RAV, I wear a Medium with no problems though, its at its shortest setting but the cummerbund is around the middle or probably one notch tighter than the middle setting.

I tried on a Medium Eagle Mar-CIRAS as well and that fit me with no problems as well, but I find the RAV more ergonomic though.

My HPC however is a tad big around the waist straps, I had to sew on some extra velcro onto the waist straps so that I could cinch it down tight enough.

People should bear in mind that the "official" sizings produced by Paraclete & Eagle take into account the issued BALCS soft armour and plates. When I've set these up side by side the medium CIRAS was in the middle of it's adjustment on me whilst the RAV was at the lower end of the range. I usually fit medium to large T-shirt sizings, 43" chest.

Archived