Funny looking thompson/dp-28

ST19AG_WGreymon

It's not a Thompson... It's a (bad) replica of the American 180, .22LR submachine gun that was manufactured in the '70s and '80s.

Bang on!

Its called the 180 because the origonal magazine holds 180 rounds. later versons held 225 and 360 rounds

Bang on!

Its called the 180 because the origonal magazine holds 180 rounds. later versons held 225 and 360 rounds

I'm sure i saw one of those in an episode of The Professionals a few weeks back. Thought someone had just stuck a slide projector on top of the rifle. Ah well...

I'm sure i saw one of those in an episode of The Professionals a few weeks back. Thought someone had just stuck a slide projector on top of the rifle. Ah well...

In the professionals that's exactly what it was, a slide cartridge taped on an M16/ar-18, was supposed to make an "A-180" sniper rifle with a laser dohicky.

I remember reading that they were primarily used for riot suppression in prisons and such, just dump a ton of rounds into a crowd I guess, most will live and the riot should be pretty difficult to continue with.

As an LPEG with a metal gearbox, looks like it might be good for a zombie game if actually functions and the zombies don't might getting lit up with .12s. Too bad it costs $80 though, should be $40 if it's only going to shoot .12s.

Archived