CYMA AIMS coming very soon!

chas

cant help wondering if the slot we can see in the photo is more than just an empty slot (as found on the CM040C) but actually has some sort of rod running along beside it (ie maybe just hard to see due to the angle of the photo/way the light is hitting off of it)

Would explain why anyone has bothered to take a photo of an otherwise utterly pointless area of the gun in first place.

eg if the slot didnt have a rod lying directly in front of it then (shot from that angle with light in that direction) would it look darker and more obviously empty?

then again maybe it is an empty slot and they've just chucked the recoil rod into the box with a wee note reading "we've cut a slot in the gearbox for this, fit it if you want, it'll give you blowback but reliability might get a bit funky" :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All sites that carry this AEG continue to say it has blowback, if you are so convinced it doesnt, why dont you at least wait for the first players to get one and let us know? I cant imagine all stores lying about this for 3 days and even offering the new PMC model with the same error again.

I think the battery in the VFC PMC model goes in the railed gas tube. This is what WGC has to say:

"Battery: AK Stick Type Battery ( 8.4/9.6V Recommended, Not Included; Battery Compartment Holds 2/3A Stick Pack up to 9 cells )"

Here's a pic of a real steel PMC AIMS:

UltiMAKOverseas-1.jpg

If that PMC has Blow back... where do you put the battery?

Weird :?

EDIT: lower handguard maybe? its the only place where I could find space for a mini battery if it uses Marui BB system, if it uses VFC/Guarder System it would answer the question

blowback, not recoil. IF it has blowback it'll be VFC style, i.e. just a bolt that flaps back and forth. there have already been pics of the battery under the reciever cover so it rules out a recoil mech.

maybe it has blowback, but maybe its not Marui BB system... Its obvius that the photos of the internals are not the same of the AK47.

Of course I will be delighted in being wrong because at this rithm, my fauvorite AK will be released in no time :) and I dont care if its not steel, I dont abuse of my AEGs

I think the battery in the VFC PMC model goes in the railed gas tube. This is what WGC has to say:

"Battery: AK Stick Type Battery ( 8.4/9.6V Recommended, Not Included; Battery Compartment Holds 2/3A Stick Pack up to 9 cells )"

The battery goes above the gearbox. The VFC blowback mechanism doesn't interfere with the battery storage. And let's be honest - you don't know it has blowback. Better to be a skeptic and not be disappointed than a cheerleader and be crushed when the fat girl falls.

I here ya, dude, but at this point, where at least 4 shops list it as a blowback AEG... the only doubts we have are because we cant see the metal rod that works as the BB mech in the VFC.

re: battery

why we just check this...

cyiisvvmeps96wkz5h.jpg

the location of a plug..........and the battery

no question with that anymore.........from me.

factory price indicates that is has a blowback and aswell they saying so ;) HK shops list it as blowback, what else you need mate :P

How can a made up gun be wrong? Its not a replica of any production model, you know. If what you wanted to say is that they didnt use the railed AK74 lower handguard VFC put on their PMC, then OK. But its still not "wrong".

Hmm, doesn't look too bad to me! At least it's actual plywood and laminated. Sure, the shape is a tiny bit off but come on... that's like complaining that an airsoft gun isn't full steel in construction. Just a year or two ago everyone was thrilled if an AK AEG for under $200 was full metal and had real wood handguards. And if they were actual laminated plywood than people just about *suitcase* themselves!

Now people complain if their under $200 AEG isn't full steel and the laminated plywood handguards aren't 100% real steel in every aspect. :rolleyes:

I'll be getting a CYMA AIMS later this week.

Archived