Meprolight M21

renegadecow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

renegade: thats cool man, just be sure NOT TO FORGET to let me know if/when you can!

i may be into the throw lever thing, not sure. but we can discuss all of that when/if the time comes.

until then, great freaking job!

need finished pics on a rifle please :D

-Joe

Aye, on my N4 it rests. And "dolphin gray" sucks. Teaches me to trust color swatches on brochures; this is more like eggshell than gray and the one on the catalog was just the right color but at least its not just plain white. In the right light, its forgivable but will try a darker shade next time. I've also butchered a $2 folder just for the little bit of transparent material below the lens. They didn't have the right color for the $.25 folders.

Looks better without flash

100_1351.jpg

100_1356.jpg

100_1355.jpg

100_1354.jpg

No flash, co-witness

100_1348.jpg

Quick sighting above the irons

100_1350.jpg

And the money shot

100_1359.jpg

Looks good on anything (hard sell slogan)

100_1362.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The body is anchored at the front via two screws but the back is held by friction. The back part can be lifted to reveal the zeroing screws. To turn the dial, I use my fingers through the slot at the top but its a tight squeeze. Using a flathead screw also works. I'll work up an exploded diagram of all the 'parts' but roughly its just braking the original down to basic polygonal shapes, cutting those out from plastic and sticking them together.

And about reproducing these in polyurethane, I'm afraid I won't be able to do so soon. The company I consulted with has a minimum batch order of 25 units which is too many for the few interested. I'll have to save up a bit first on my other projects with them (making reinforced nozzles and magazine lips for gas guns) to fund it.

• 4 months later...

Archived