Just got raided ^^

Punkypink

I was at College the other night and during break started Jones'n to mess with my guns, well I live in Arizona and here its legal to own weapons. You can carry then concealed and unconcealed. As long as its a side arm or rifle. Yet autos and semi autos you need a license for So i pop open my hood and start messing with my M4 and MP7 just then a police officer rolls behind me, as he rolls on i turn to look over my shoulder and he rubber necks for a second, winks and rides on in the sunset. I Love the Wild West :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so let The Badger get this strait....

they come into your house, handcuff you, play with your stuff, rename your cat, and steal your hex key? and they promised they would call....

Sitting naked by the phone,

With your ear against the wall,

Waiting for someone to call out....

and now the thread is depressing.... its time for sum nuclear kitties

motivator444859.jpg

as you were.

<snip>

Anyways told them to log my address down so any "I SAW A GUN" reports about my address would not bring them out on a fruitless raid.

Just a note on this, they won't ignore your address, a quick annecdote from the past;

I used to LARP at a place called 'The Tower' in Burnley, ecverything had to be carried covered from car to the old mill building that housed the dungeon crawlway complex on one floor. Every single time, somebody carried a weapon from their car to the building uncovered, if it was reported an armed response team would be dispatched to the location. My first time at that site I came bounding down the stairwell to be greeted by MP5s and a couple of large dogs because someone had carried a sword that looked realistic from a distance uncovered into the tower.

They had to treat every instance as if it was the real thing, unlike the Boy who cried Wolf, they can't ignore any call... because one time it might be real and the shitstorm from them ignoring such a call isn't even worth considering.

I'm afraid it's the same with firearms, all calls to the Police are treated as if they are real firearms. Again imagine the political aftermath of Punkypink, finally having enough of her housemates stealing her pot noodles, buying a real gun and deciding to execute the lot of them. A call goes in that someone at the address has a gun, the police ignore it as they know Punkypink has these airsoft guns and a few minutes later one house of corpses and alot of people asking why the police never went.

Sorry, this isn't meant to sound like the lecture it appears to of become and that I'm preaching to the converted, but I really don't want anybody left in any doubt as to how the police will respond. It's a peculiarity of our policeforce that most times a couple of unarmed police will turn up to deal with it, however it's a good bet that somewhere there are a group of chaps with real guns sat on alert.

enough of this, time for some kittens...

funny-pictures-cat-will-not-stop-for-you.jpg

someone had carried a sword that looked realistic from a distance uncovered into the tower.

They had to treat every instance as if it was the real thing, unlike the Boy who cried Wolf, they can't ignore any call... because one time it might be real and the shitstorm from them ignoring such a call isn't even worth considering.

You see that's funny, because while clearing out my grand parents house I have found a giant machete.

Bigger than an ironing board.

I rang my local station and you know what they told me?

Take it down the dump.

on the subject of cuffing, it may have been incase there where real guns in the house. if punky had grabbed a pistol from somewhere (say, down the side of the sofa, or up on a bookshelf) things could have become very nasty for the coppers, very quickly.

if I was the officer, I would have cuffed, or asked punky to wait outside, as I happen to enjoy living. something I imagie I share with most police officers.

Maybe if we properly educated people from a young age about firearms, instead of treating them as some kind of taboo subject, people would stop shouting "GUN! GUN! I SAW A GUN! THERE'S A GUN! GUUUUUUUNNNNNN!", and the media would stop winding them up about it.

Oh well, I'm glad all your stuff is safe and sound, PunkyP.

Ben.

Perhaps. But how many people could get hold of a real G36 in the UK? H&K don't have stalls at Terrorist Arms Bazaars, as far as I know.

I think that my point as well, just viewed differently. A gun/RIF is no a common household object and stranger with any sense is going to ask if its real (and by implication illegal), if they suspect it isn't (which is the point of a RIF). Its a common belief that guns are easily obtained, so why couldn't it be real? If police officers areto treat it as real until proven otherwise, then why would the public be any different.

Just a note on this, they won't ignore your address, a quick annecdote from the past;

Mat, you got a point, but perhaps they'll be a bit more polite next time they come knocking, instead of storming in like they expect to find Osama in here.

on the subject of cuffing, it may have been incase there where real guns in the house. if punky had grabbed a pistol from somewhere (say, down the side of the sofa, or up on a bookshelf) things could have become very nasty for the coppers, very quickly.

if I was the officer, I would have cuffed, or asked punky to wait outside, as I happen to enjoy living. something I imagie I share with most police officers.

Speaking of that...

IF I were them and I enjoyed living, I wouldn't have made a shitload of noise barging in hollering about this being a raid and dangerous crims and screaming at the top of my voice. My place has 2 floors ok, and were I a REAL perp who had a 12 gauge stashed away upstairs and a few cans short of a 6 pack, the 1st dude up the stairs would have gotten it in the chest. AND then given the fact that NONE of them had a firearm, its a quick easy way to 5 dead coppers. As a matter of fact, I found their procedure lacking in that if I had been a real nutter, I would fear for their safety. As it is, they should have quietly asked my ex, who had opened the door, to step outside, and entered quietly. As we often get deliveries, someone at the door itself would not have been much cause for alarm. Also, when they rang the door, ALL 5 of them stood in plain sight of the peephole. Were I a perp once again, I'd been very very suspicious.

Ok, more worryingly, the officers who raided me, while they had no clue about airsoft, also HAD no clue whether a questionable object was real steel or not. What this means is that a real perp could probably smoke them a bit. lower their guard, and then, given the fact that they cuffed me loosely and with my hands in front of me, probably get the drop on them. Heck if you don't know how to identify what's real steel, how are you gonna know one when you see one? They also cuffed my ex's new bf, and my other housemate, but not my ex. My ex's bf said he could have easily wriggled his hands out of the cuff, and they weren't paying them any attention. Procedurally, I think the London met needs some better training and procedures for raiding places with suspected firearms. I'm actually worried for those 5 cops. Wot if the next time they're called out, the people in the house aren't nice law abiding people like me? Sure anyone who goes ape s**t would probably end up dead, but its not worth losing 5 police officers in the line of duty needlessly.

Speaking of that...

IF I were them and I enjoyed living, I wouldn't have made a shitload of noise barging in hollering about this being a raid and dangerous crims and screaming at the top of my voice. My place has 2 floors ok, and were I a REAL perp who had a 12 gauge stashed away upstairs and a few cans short of a 6 pack, the 1st dude up the stairs would have gotten it in the chest. AND then given the fact that NONE of them had a firearm, its a quick easy way to 5 dead coppers. As a matter of fact, I found their procedure lacking in that if I had been a real nutter, I would fear for their safety. As it is, they should have quietly asked my ex, who had opened the door, to step outside, and entered quietly. As we often get deliveries, someone at the door itself would not have been much cause for alarm. Also, when they rang the door, ALL 5 of them stood in plain sight of the peephole. Were I a perp once again, I'd been very very suspicious.

Ok, more worryingly, the officers who raided me, while they had no clue about airsoft, also HAD no clue whether a questionable object was real steel or not. What this means is that a real perp could probably smoke them a bit. lower their guard, and then, given the fact that they cuffed me loosely and with my hands in front of me, probably get the drop on them. Heck if you don't know how to identify what's real steel, how are you gonna know one when you see one? They also cuffed my ex's new bf, and my other housemate, but not my ex. My ex's bf said he could have easily wriggled his hands out of the cuff, and they weren't paying them any attention. Procedurally, I think the London met needs some better training and procedures for raiding places with suspected firearms. I'm actually worried for those 5 cops. Wot if the next time they're called out, the people in the house aren't nice law abiding people like me? Sure anyone who goes ape s**t would probably end up dead, but its not worth losing 5 police officers in the line of duty needlessly.

good points. didn't think of that.

and I definately can't see why they cuffed you but not anyone else. that makes no sense whatsoever (unless, as has been already suggested, you asked them to. :P )

Perhaps. But how many people could get hold of a real G36 in the UK? H&K don't have stalls at Terrorist Arms Bazaars, as far as I know.

A drug dealer got busted in the 90's in possession of, among other things, a Steyr AUG. Like most things in life, just because you shouldn't be able to get it, doesn't mean you can't get it.

We all know that the crims can get hardware. I don't think they're limited as to what they can get by anything else other than money. I bet a H&K G36C goes for a heck of a lot more on the black market than an AK does.

Which is why we need our handguns back... *Awaits flaming*

Also, I don't think the police having your address down with "GUNS AM HERE!" written next to it is a good thing.

Ben.

I want to come round to yours now you've said that! :lol:

Hmmm... I live right near a harbour. Any tips on checking out the black market then, Greg?

Ben.

Yeah, I have a tip:

Don't ever under any circumstances, whatever the situation go near it.

Especialy fire arms.

Ever.

Greg.

good points. didn't think of that.

and I definately can't see why they cuffed you but not anyone else. that makes no sense whatsoever (unless, as has been already suggested, you asked them to. :P )

no they cuffed everyone except my ex actually. They left her uncuffed.

the reason you were cuffed to the front was so if you fell you could break your fall, if your hands were cuffed behind your back you would have had to have an officer keep hold of you so you would not drop flat on your face.

As for the shouting it works on 2 levels. for some people it scare the *suitcase* out of them and they freeze and for other it prompts a guilty response of fight or flee, usually flee

I was sat on my *albartroth* on a nice comfy sofa watching TV, but ok I'm not gonna be ungrateful for being cuffed to the front.

On the other hand, trust me, if u're raiding a place u suspect has hostiles with firearms, you don't alert them to your presence while u're still at the door. It didn't scare the *suitcase* out of any of us, it just alerted us to the fact that we were being raided. Like I said, IF I were some real nutter who had a fight instinct, there'd be at least 1, possibly 5 dead cops now. Not good.

I was sat on my *albartroth* on a nice comfy sofa watching TV, but ok I'm not gonna be ungrateful for being cuffed to the front.

On the other hand, trust me, if u're raiding a place u suspect has hostiles with firearms, you don't alert them to your presence while u're still at the door. It didn't scare the *suitcase* out of any of us, it just alerted us to the fact that we were being raided. Like I said, IF I were some real nutter who had a fight instinct, there'd be at least 1, possibly 5 dead cops now. Not good.

Your lucky i guess that they were not armed. Also you were lucky they were not Karachi Cops. Does anybody remeber that show?

Actually, whether they're armed or not doesn't make that big a diff to me. I've not done anything wrong, I've not got any real firearms, it could have been a bit more unpleasant but that would probably be it. My point is, THEY were lucky that it was me and not some real armed nutjob "blaze of glory" criminal they were raiding.

the average joe blogs doesnt know what a G36 is. as far as they know it's 'a gun'. and what with the tabloids going on about how there's an arms dealer on every corner and that a few buttons and some pocket lint will buy you an AK, can you really blame the ignorant masses for going into panic mode?

Archived