Just got raided ^^

Punkypink

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this morning some baliffs came over with a warrant for someone after that someone who gave my address to the courts as his own, but who obviously doesn't live here. We don't actually know this someone. One of them baliffs must have spotted an airsoft lying in the living room.

They didnt take anything or confiscate anything to the best of my knowledge but blimey I can't find my hex key set now.

Surprisingly for police officers they don't know what airsoft is, except for one who's knowledge of it amounted to being shot in the bum once by his mate with a moscart. :D

They were posing with the G36 for piccies :P

One of them was like "you don't seem very concerned" well... they're airsofts, legal, why should i be concerned? Was more bemusing really. Anyways told them to log my address down so any "I SAW A GUN" reports about my address would not bring them out on a fruitless raid.

Post the pics lol.

I don't find it suprising that they know little about arisoft, every police officer i have ever meet has little knowledge on anything gun related (quite worrying when one was part of the ARU for the local area).

'FireKnife'

Was it an armed visiting party, or did they send in the red shirt cannonfodder first (Ensign Slob, go and check behind that rock!) and have an unmarked volvo sat round the corner?

*Thinks back to the postal delivery yesterday*

"Awesome, my new gun!"

Ooops.

I generally try to avoid leaving RIFs where someone at the door can see them, to try to avoid issues. However, the police who have responded to various break-ins and things never seemed particularly bothered about any random RIFs which might have escaped being tidied away out of their view.

The police even returned my stolen-and-recovered AW338 sniper rifle without any problems, so I guess I'm not likely to have any unpleasant visits from the local ARU. Hopefully.

Why did they handcuff you, Punky? Normally they only do that if you're actually being arrested. I bet you asked 'em to, didn't you? ;)

Well the problem was the baliffs were let into the house while I was asleep by my other housemates thus they saw the guns which were well out of sight from the door. I did ask if they were ARU they said they weren't. Sed if they were I wouldnt be handcuffed sat on the sofa watching telly while they went about their business, I'd be face down outside the house on the ground. Strange tho, if I were to raid a place suspected of having firearms I'd send in the ARU. Wouldn't you?

They didnt give me the pics of them posing. I'd love to post them up if I had em. They were having fun with my lightsaber too. As for why they had to handcuff me, who knows? Maybe cuz they weren't armed?

Sorry but that last bit sounds like they handcuffed you in the hope of something else, dodgy police out there it seems.

But i can't say much bad about them as twice i have had a random bag search and both times they have actually apologized to me for taking up my time.

'FireKnife'

Were you actually placed under arrest?

I'm not sure they can just handcuff you for no reaosn if you were not resisting or otherwise presenting an immediate threat. Depending on the circumstances, people being arrested aren't always handcuffed.

But hey, what do I know about police proccedures? (Not much, that's what)

being handcuffed sounds a bit rough though. I had my work inspected by the cops. Had some fake M249 rounds sent to me. They got scanned and were seen as real rounds, they then waited for them to be delivered and then burst in. But i was ill and at home, so they had to come to me, and i just happened to have all my guns and gear on the kitchen table where i was cleaning it all. They got a nice view when they walked in :P

Well they left the handcuffs on pretty loosely. Was no big deal. Too bad I forgot I had a FCS phamplet lying around, I could have introduced them to the sport.

Pull the other one, either you tried to go Matrix style on their collective *albartroth* as they walked in the door and they got you, or you asked them to shackle you!

Bondage_Smiley.gif

Now there is the answer.

Where they dressed in loose clothing that could be pulled off in one go? You didn't ask your mates wether they had ordered a stripogram for you?

'FireKnife'

they were in casuals. 2 ladies along for the ride too. Too bad they weren't particular lookers.

This is getting weirder and weirder.....

"Police" not in uniform, not armed, responding to a suspected firearms call, handcuffing someone who's asleep for no reason....? :huh:

Are you sure these people were real police? Have you checked you aren't missing anything? Do your family/flatmates/whatever make a habit of just letting people in?

Me, I'd be concerned.

Archived