UK Sites That Allows 500 FPS AEG's

aaron_mky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all,

just wondering if you guys know any decent airsoft sites in the UK that allows 500 FPS Semi Auto Snipers (Aegs, Gas etc..)

Thanks!

Aaron

I can't think of any responsible sites that would allow such a weapon! i know you would get turned away from where I play with a gun like that!

you know some sites run sniper only days and training events so they dont just let anybody turn up with a 500fps gun. You need to be signed off by them first, after you have done some time with a marshall

Also few and far between. There are a few sites that allow SA-modded (either mechanically or via Mosfet) AEG's around 400+ but again, they don't widely advertise the fact and some people consider it bad form.

Your best bet is a Semi-Auto AEG shooting at 425-450FPS

That seems to be the general rule across most of the sites i've looked at/been to.

I guess if you frequent a site regularly and get to know the owners and marshals well then they may let you use a 500FPS AEG.

Your best bet is a Semi-Auto AEG shooting at 425-450FPS

That seems to be the general rule across most of the sites i've looked at/been to.

I guess if you frequent a site regularly and get to know the owners and marshals well then they may let you use a 500FPS AEG.

I'd be interested in knowing which sites allow 425-500 (I can think of four offhand) and as of the current time I know of two that allow 500fps AEGs.

Seems to me that 400 is fairly common for semi only aegs, with a few that take that to 425.

It does tend to vary.

500 seems to be the bench mark (ceiling) for bolties.

Thing is, these limits tend to be set for 'general, walk on' type open days.

Private, invite type games tend to be different, as the 'invited' are deemed more responsible.

A lot of sites will publicise a specific limit, but allow 'the regulars' a bit of tolerance. 'The limit's 350 but you'll be ok upto about 370' isn't uncommon once a site operator gets to know you.

I think that you should find a site you like, play it regularly & discuss your plans with the operator. If they feel you are reliable, they may allow it, with conditions of use, such as med's, limited ammo & making the effort bot to hit the head. :huh:

Greg.

The question people are asking is where are these sites where a 400 semi AEG is allowed, as Slim, he's aware of 4, I'm only aware of two and one of those I only know about because he told me a couple of weeks back. It may be fairly common, but I've never played on one, what are the sites that you have played on that allow it.

People keep saying it's quite common but not backing it up with names of sites...

My only other concern is if a site opperator has a public rule on FPS limits, but will let it ride for certain trusted people, I'd then worry what other rules they let ride for the trusted few and if it was truly safe to attend that site if their own safety rules don't apply to all.

The question people are asking is where are these sites where a 400 semi AEG is allowed, as Slim, he's aware of 4, I'm only aware of two and one of those I only know about because he told me a couple of weeks back. It may be fairly common, but I've never played on one, what are the sites that you have played on that allow it.

People keep saying it's quite common but not backing it up with names of sites...

My only other concern is if a site operator has a public rule on FPS limits, but will let it ride for certain trusted people, I'd then worry what other rules they let ride for the trusted few and if it was truly safe to attend that site if their own safety rules don't apply to all.

This is why I gave the advise to chose a site etc.

I don't know of any UK site that publically advertises a semi aeg limit of 500fps.

With the 377/380fps aeg thing hanging over site operator's heads, only the brave, stupid or incredibly well orginised would risk it. :rolleyes:

It's no secret what the 'site limits' are, just check out the site's webby, GZ are 425, UA are 400, these two instantly come to mind, but I'm sure the op can do a bit of googling/telephoning to find sites closer to & more in line with his style of play.

& more importantly, as said, play at a site regularly, become trusted & maybe the doors will open.

Personally I'd stick with the boltie, it's way more accurate. :D

Greg.

I think ours is 450.

Ben.

I'm only going for a cheap laugh here, (you know me :D )

But,

'I think ours is 450'???????????

THAT'S HELPFUL! :lol:

Is is 450 or not? & where is 'ours'??????????

Out late again then? :rolleyes:

Greg.

1, So your sweeping statement of 400 being fairly common, is a bit of an exageration then?

2, Two to four sites out of all the sites in the country doesn't seem that common.

1, I do not think 'seems to me that 400fps is fairly common' constitutes a 'sweeping statement' or an exaggeration. It is an opinion based on personal experience.

2, In context of how many sites are operating in the UK, how many I have played regularly & therefore those I can categorically state (off the top of my head) have a publicized semi limit of 400fps+ you are correct. :rolleyes: Agreed, two specific examples in the whole of the country does not seem that common. :D

However, it has been my experience, on the majority of the sites that I have played regularly (about 7 yrs & maybe 20 sites), a 400fps semi only aeg would be allowed (weather advertised or not) with specific conditions to trusted players. So, out of the limited sample of sites I have played, I stand by my original statement.

I am sorry if you feel I am misleading, by not taking the time to quantify my opinion in my original post.

Greg.

UA is 400

FFZ is 500

Close Action is 500

GZ is 425

Spec ops is 425

I know of a couple more but I'm not going to mention anything openly about them as its not on their website....now the problem isn't the power per se (as noted bolt-actions get to go to 500) its the fact that the huge majority of AEG-conversions were originally full auto and as such could be legally dodgy so in the current climate I think any advertising at all isn't particularly wise.

Note - Could be. I'm not saying they are, and I'm not suggesting that old chestnut is re-opened for debate here or anywhere else as I'm certain there are extant threads on the subject where you can debate it to your heart's content.

MED's are of particular interest however. There was a ballistic study done by a physicist (sadly, the site seems to be down) but running at 500fps w/.2g, a .3g BB retains the same energy 30m downrange as a 1j AEG with a .2 does at the muzzle....which is why I personally won't shoot at anyone under 40m. Easier to use a bolt action and shoot from a good distance to avoid any problems....

Edit - allowing "trusted players" to use guns at higher than advertised limits isn't particularly good pratice in my opinion. One rule for all seems a lot fairer.....but sites allowing AEG's at 400+ is very far from common.

Archived