AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're all still in transit, methinks.

Mine's sitting awaiting customs charges, I've just got to wait on the letter from parcelforce so I can actually pay the fees, then it'll be with me in a few days.

Unfortunately, I have no clue how long the letter will take to get to me <_<

They're all still in transit, methinks.

Mine's sitting awaiting customs charges, I've just got to wait on the letter from parcelforce so I can actually pay the fees, then it'll be with me in a few days.

Unfortunately, I have no clue how long the letter will take to get to me <_<

I have in the past contacted my local parcleforce depot office with the tracking number and they have then told me the custom's charges ,i then go to the the depot pay the charges and they then release the parcel to my .

Yep, there are CO2 mags in the works for WAs.

Epic! Might get this instead of a WE then. Anyone know of any UK retailers that may sell it (or is it early days still). I'm not sure how I'd order from HK, so UK would be easier.

Edit:- How would you get the fps to UK standards?

Hite

I'm off to HK on Monday. Any ideas which shops in Mongkok/Yau Ma Tei has got this? Seems eHobbyAsia is in Cheung Sha Wan and may be more an online warehouse like RedWolf rather than a shop.

Any HK-ers able to help?

TIA

[Edit]: Please ignore, just realised UNCompany in Wan Chai's got it. Hopefully in stock...not on order. I'm in HK only on holiday.

Epic! Might get this instead of a WE then. Anyone know of any UK retailers that may sell it (or is it early days still). I'm not sure how I'd order from HK, so UK would be easier.

Edit:- How would you get the fps to UK standards?

Hite

I think it's worth considering the fact that stock WE has steel bolt carrier, steel bolt catch, steel trigger parts and now steel valve. My WE also has a steel charging handle which I have as an option. This is unmatched by the WA or AGM. This is why my WE has functioned flawlessly after thousands of rounds and pretty rough usage in all weathers.

The AGM has aluminium alloy bolt carrier and plastic bolt- just like the earliest/ first gen WE rifles which broke after a short while. There's a good reason why it's so cheap I guess.

I think it's worth considering the fact that stock WE has steel bolt carrier, steel bolt catch, steel trigger parts and now steel valve. My WE also has a steel charging handle which I have as an option. This is unmatched by the WA or AGM. This is why my WE has functioned flawlessly after thousands of rounds and pretty rough usage in all weathers.

The AGM has aluminium alloy bolt carrier and plastic bolt- just like the earliest/ first gen WE rifles which broke after a short while. There's a good reason why it's so cheap I guess.

Well my thinking was that the AGM would be cheaper than the WE even after mods to get it to standard. And seeing as the WE may also require mods to get it to standard (depends on luck) then technically the AGM is the better choice. However I am tempted to buy the WE CO2 version once land warrior has em (and i have money), seeing it can take CO2 out of the box and is apparently of very good quality! sigh choices....

Note how the video from crw says that the barrel is 340mm long; It';s a full-length one.

So, it should simply be a case of cutting the inner down to reduce to power. Though, I'm not sure I'd want to do that, as It'd reduce power at expense of gas efficiency, which, for a rifle I'd use as a primary, isn't a great thing.

However, I'll also be picking up a shedload of mags for this if I can get the one that comes with the gun to, well, not leak, and work reliably on green.

I just want a GBB i can use through most of the year, and which will eventually work flawlessly, hence the bind between WE and AGM atm...

No contest, get the we ;)

Also anyone know of a CO2 conversion for the WA gbb M4, because if it existed then this gun would be a definite buy for my!

Why are you so keen to use CO2 in the gun?

The gun shoots plenty hot enough for the UK using 134a.

CO2 capsules are far more expensive than gas on a shot-for-shot basis.

If anything I would like to see effort going into making the mags reliable with propane. Industrial propane is by far the cheapest power source for these guns.

Meh,

A WE M4 costs $350 (with a likely 20% tax on top that's $420).

I can buy an ACM M4 for $120 and that leaves me with almost $300 to buy parts for it as and when I need them.

Sure, a WA bolt costs about $80 but the other parts are all $20-30 so I can't really see how the total upgraded price is going to end up as much as a WE M4.

Besides, a lot of people will be choosing not to buy the WE gun, regardless of cost, because they prefer the more realistic function of the WA design.

Well my thinking was that the AGM would be cheaper than the WE even after mods to get it to standard. And seeing as the WE may also require mods to get it to standard (depends on luck) then technically the AGM is the better choice. However I am tempted to buy the WE CO2 version once land warrior has em (and i have money), seeing it can take CO2 out of the box and is apparently of very good quality! sigh choices....

What mods? The current stock WE has steel bolt carrier, Steel Bolt catch, steel trigger internals, steel valve and reinforced charging handle- none of which you'll find on the AGM. I've not made a single mod to my WE apart from the steel charging handle which I didn't really need (I got it for authenticity). My WE M4 has performed flawless after thousands of rounds and rough usage.

The US army has obtained funding approval for purchase of WE M4 GBB CO2 rifles for training. How is the AGM a better technical choice?????

The reason for the CO2 would be to make it more usable all year round, that would be the only reason. As I hear it is the best gas for cold weather use. But if the propane is also good in cold weather then I'm more than happy to stick with that.

I do agree with you on the AGM gbb though, I'd much prefer to buy a cheap gun, and upgrade it with really good parts, and end up with a gun of the same price as the gun it is cloning.

Tbh as long as the gun has blow back, and the other cool stuff which AEG's don't have then I'm happy. Many say the WE bolt design isn't as wasteful as the WA design, or so I hear...

@bbstriker

Well though I like to feel I wont need to buy replacement parts, I always like to put that within my budget. Though I do feel the WE is a great gun from what I can tell, I'm also thinking, that for the same price as the WE I could get the AGM gun to a better standard. Though what do I know, I've only come to light of the GBB rifle market recently, and I'm going on what I've read through forums etc.

The US army has just signed a contract with WE to purchase WE M4 GBB CO2 rifles for training. How is the AGM a better technical choice?????

I just gave you a suspension for throwing a hissy-fit over this.

And now you come straight back and start posting the same stuff again?

Do you have evidence to support this or are you going to post a link to the same video where a bunch of squaddies are talking about how they use WE M4s for recreation after they complete a 4 week training session at Fort Riley?

Cos, unless you have other evidence I'm gonna delete any more of your posts that talk about this. :)

I'm off to HK on Monday. Any ideas which shops in Mongkok/Yau Ma Tei has got this? Seems eHobbyAsia is in Cheung Sha Wan and may be more an online warehouse like RedWolf rather than a shop.

Any HK-ers able to help?

TIA

[Edit]: Please ignore, just realised UNCompany in Wan Chai's got it. Hopefully in stock...not on order. I'm in HK only on holiday.

2 shops in Kwong Wah street/Yau Ma Tei area i know that has AGM GBB is Gunner and Boom Arms,u may wanna go to their site just to see the latwst statusjust to ne sure.

Happy shopping in the Disneyland of Airsoft.

Archived