AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

I wonder if the metal body is of such quality, that I could perhaps get it engraved with some markings aswell. Im looking forward to this gun, even if its just a wallhanger, I could always take it down and plink with it. But I am kinda hoping it will be good enough to run singel shot with decent groupings, it would be a sweet starter gun for practical shooting if so. Pew pew!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching some video reviews and FPS tests (on the WA) last night and the main issue was the unconsistency of power between shots. Can that be solved with aftermarket parts?

I've been watching some video reviews and FPS tests last night and the main issue was the unconsistency of power between shots. Can that be solved with aftermarket parts?

Seeing as the gun has literally JUST been released, where have you found these reviews and fps tests?

Please see if the carrier and bolt stop are made of steel (magnet test).

Carrier and bolt stop are made of alloy (did the magnet test). Nozzle is plastic. The hop up seems plastic too is maybe also alloy. The recoil buffer is plastic.

Weighed it myself now: Gun: 3.2kg, Magazine: 0.65kg.

VIDEO:

Carrier and bolt stop are made of alloy (did the magnet test).

Wait, there's still hope. It could be stainless which also fails the magnets test (who am I kidding, but thanks anyway). At least that's one part to look out for. edit *I meant 2 parts*

Magazine: 0.65kg.

Holy *suitcase*! You mean to tell me all the guys previously lugging 10 WA mags are in fact lugging 6.5kg of metal?

Wait, there's still hope. It could be stainless which also fails the magnets test (who am I kidding, but thanks anyway). At least that's one part to look out for. edit *I meant 2 parts*

Holy *suitcase*! You mean to tell me all the guys previously lugging 10 WA mags are in fact lugging 6.5kg of metal?

Yeah, too bad stainless steel would also attract the magnet.

What's the weight of a loaded real Stanag magazine?

^Knowing ACM material, that's definitely true lol. But it won't matter if the mag holds up and functions fine.
My hope will be,since this not in the day where airsoft players were limited to the isolated areas of Asia- Japan,Hongkong,few countries in the South East Asia,meaning the market,while by no means tiny but never been anything global like today,where we have airsoft on all 5 continents(not counting australia off course),US's market alone would have been bigger than any two continents combined(ok,i'm only guessing),the size of this global market should be a magnet for innovation,i'll optimistic to see much attempt at improving the GBB platform to becoming a mainstream alternative to AEG where it attacts the type of players who prefer vivid,heightened-realism skirmish experience over body count,rounds per mag capacity,rounds per minute or feet per second(ok,at least 400fps). With the events in GBB arena gathering momentum i don't see why not. It'll sweet if a branch of US Military officially adopt it as a training tool.
My hope will be,since this not in the day where airsoft players were limited to the isolated areas of Asia- Japan,Hongkong,few countries in the South East Asia,meaning the market,while by no means tiny but never been anything global like today,where we have airsoft on all 5 continents(not counting australia off course),US's market alone would have been bigger than any two continents combined(ok,i'm only guessing),the size of this global market should be a magnet for innovation,i'll optimistic to see much attempt at improving the GBB platform to becoming a mainstream alternative to AEG where it attacts the type of players who prefer vivid,heightened-realism skirmish experience over body count,rounds per mag capacity,rounds per minute or feet per second(ok,at least 400fps). With the events in GBB arena gathering momentum i don't see why not. It'll sweet if a branch of US Military officially adopt it as a training tool.

Well the US Army already uses the latest WE M4 as a training tool at Ft. Riley:

Right now I'm torn between the WE M4 and the newer AGM M4, or waiting for JG and other Chinese companies to enter the GBB rifle world. Sorry if someone said before, but what's the AGM M4's magazine capacity really? Has anyone tried fitting GHK magazines, or any aftermarket accessories (RIS kits, stocks, ect)?

Right now I'm torn between the WE M4 and the newer AGM M4, or waiting for JG and other Chinese companies to enter the GBB rifle world. Sorry if someone said before, but what's the AGM M4's magazine capacity really? Has anyone tried fitting GHK magazines, or any aftermarket accessories (RIS kits, stocks, ect)?

Kudos to guys in Ft.Riley then! Wonder if any other units is looking into this? Questions,many questions about the AGM,looks like the next 10 days will make or break for AGM when post-games reports begin coming in and findings from early adopters putting in WA-compatible part into it. Can't wait..

How'd you draw that conclusion?

The guy in the video said he was part of the Fort Riley airsoft team. I assume they're a bunch of squaddies who also airsoft and get to use the base MOUT facility on their time off.

Kudos to guys in Ft.Riley then! Wonder if any other units is looking into this? Questions,many questions about the AGM,looks like the next 10 days will make or break for AGM when post-games reports begin coming in and findings from early adopters putting in WA-compatible part into it. Can't wait..

Yeah, too bad stainless steel would also attract the magnet.

What's the weight of a loaded real Stanag magazine?

"All austenitic grades have very low magnetic permeabilities and hence show almost no response to a magnet when in the annealed condition"

Depends really, but most commercial grade stainless is the not magnetic kind.

And a fully loaded Stanag mag weighs roughly between 500g to 600g depending if the casing is steel or aluminum.

How'd you draw that conclusion?

The guy in the video said he was part of the Fort Riley airsoft team. I assume they're a bunch of squaddies who also airsoft and get to use the base MOUT facility on their time off.

better still is the jumpy edit at around 1.55 "and what we do once a month is.." CUT skip a wee bit where he presumably clarifies things lol

Archived