AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

Same thought I had.

Every video I've seen has shown the same thing; clouds of gas escaping from the ejection port.

The fact that the ACM gun is a copy of the WA and yet you don't see the WA doing it indicates that there's some issue with the way the ACM is built.

I must say, I'm not that fussed about the problem. It's exactly the sort of thing I expect to have to sort out.

Mine doesnt do this. so it must be a problem with the rifle that there shooting. mine will be out on a skirmish tomarrow !

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered mine (installed with DD rail) from Ebaybanned 2 days ago for $220 including shipping. This is my first GBB rifle. If gun works and looks as good as reported, I may have to start a whole new collection of GBB's!

Little update,

After about 2-3k rounds through it and no gas venting probs, i gave it a strip down and inspection. ive noticed theres some wear on the bolt where the bolt catch meets it. its still operational but i thought id take some pics and show ya what i mean.

3599295094_1df539e609_b.jpg

3599293836_4dd6d99882_b.jpg

3598483017_3c7e39afed_b.jpg

I'm not really bothered by it since i have already planned on fitting one of those fancy bolts as seen on airsoftnews.eu but it does show the metal to be a little soft. :)

Looks like so far the majority of the initial reviews of AGMs were positive,the next batch of reviews should be from this weekend's skirmish(courtesy of few brave souls,bring along your AEG for backup,guys! Thanks!). Let's see if they are battle-worthy(either stock or modified we'll at least gain some valuable data)...

Happy skirmish.

Looks like so far the majority of the initial reviews of AGMs were positive,the next batch of reviews should be from this weekend's skirmish(courtesy of few brave souls,bring along your AEG for backup,guys! Thanks!). Let's see if they are battle-worthy(either stock or modified we'll at least gain some valuable data)...

Happy skirmish.

As fascinated as I am with the AGM M4 and new gas blowback rifles, my biggest concern is the magazines - it's cost and durability. The cost has got to be far lower than the $120 per Western Arms mag - at most $80. Even then, a seven magazine loadout at $80 a magazine is a whopping $560 before taxes and shipping. (Makes those dump pouches REALLY valuable, eh?)

Finally took the plunge with one of these myself from RSOV last night, amazingly they only had 2 in stock then and there's still 1 left now, someone else should get a good deal at $110 before shipping.

Little update,

After about 2-3k rounds through it and no gas venting probs, i gave it a strip down and inspection. ive noticed theres some wear on the bolt where the bolt catch meets it. its still operational but i thought id take some pics and show ya what i mean.

*snippy snip snip*

I'm not really bothered by it since i have already planned on fitting one of those fancy bolts as seen on airsoftnews.eu but it does show the metal to be a little soft. :)

I have to say, for a few thousand rounds and still operating that looks pretty good for theprice, I'd imagine it's still got a few thousand more in it and you could then simply replace it with another AGM bolt carrier for not much money. I think the RA Tech NPAS bolt + bolt carrier will be my first upgrade as well though, probably with a nice steel bolt catch to go along with it; should work quite nicely I reckon.

As fascinated as I am with the AGM M4 and new gas blowback rifles, my biggest concern is the magazines - it's cost and durability. The cost has got to be far lower than the $120 per Western Arms mag - at most $80. Even then, a seven magazine loadout at $80 a magazine is a whopping $560 before taxes and shipping. (Makes those dump pouches REALLY valuable, eh?)

Did you see the price of AGM mags ebb had on the site a couple of days? It was an awful lot lower than $80 put it that way mate.

Is your rifle stock internally?

yep, completely stock.

the mags are nowhere near that price, they were on EBB for 18 dolla shipped. having personally compared the WA and AGM, including mags, i would say the WA has the better bolt, but the AGM has the better magazine. The WA is a few months old and has had a mag leak from the start. I repaired it 2-3 times and each time it leaked from a different place, valve, bottom seal, top seal etc. when these mags become more easily available they will be vary popular at that kinda price. i'll be ordering 10 of them myself. :)

has anyone received the agm 062 ras m4 from ebaybanned yet? i ordered and paid mine on may 25th and got a trackingnumber on may 27th which still does not work. also kinda weird is the fact that no other store has the ras version :blink:

I think they send it as normal airmail, and not registered, thats why you can't track it, well, atleast not before it lands in your own country.

I always thought basic tracked airmail was the opposite of that

i.e. you should be able to 'track' it's entry on system (and some times its leaving the country of origin) but after that the next thing to show up on the trace will be the proof of delivery after recipient has rec'd it.

Ebaybanned's previous parcels have all been trackable from hong kong to here straight away.

i think he may be blagging us and they probably havent even got them yet.

If only i could talk to paul directly with out having to go through the idiot jesse, me and paul used to get on realy well.

EB provided a tracking number for a recent order but the tracking number didn't work either. Package arrived in about 2 weeks though.

I've ordered from them a Daniel's Defense 9" Black RIS Rail and it was when it first came out. When they finally sent things out... they put me at the end of the list even though I paid before everyone else. So it came down to a Month and a week... and they still didn't have it in stock. Every email they told me that it would be out in a few weeks. They a bunch of buffoons over there and they need better customer satisfaction. When I finally asked them if it was being sent out, they then told me "I'm sorry but we just went out of stock" <-- That was a month after my order. What a nightmare.

Yeah, that sucks. Can't say I trusted them either as I was hearing about a lot of problems with them shortly before I made the order. If worse comes to worse, you can try to get to your money back via Paypal. Hopefully they'll accept that the tracking number isn't valid. They took a week to process the order and it took 2 weeks to get to me.

Archived