AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

A question on the gun: Does the gun take MilSpec parts? Like, can i put a RS handguard and stock on it without modification?

(Sorry if this has been answered before already)

Im pretty sure as my dad has a real ARMS sir rail on his western arms as its a direct copy from WA

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AGM isn't as shoddy as everyone thinks.

One of the most solid AEGs I own is an AGM HK416- rock solid. If the AGM M4 GBB is as good my HK 416 then we have a good start. I'm looking forward to getting first hand reviews. I'm particularly interested to see how the AGM M4 GBB stands up to the warm weather.

Just occurred to me, and I should have thought of it sooner. AGM has made AEGs of M4, M16, M4-CQB setups, SCARs and HK416s. All of Armalite origin, all following the same basic body/internal setup.

What is stopping AGM from making off of these designs into GBB rifles? Food for thought.

Just occurred to me, and I should have thought of it sooner. AGM has made AEGs of M4, M16, M4-CQB setups, SCARs and HK416s. All of Armalite origin, all following the same basic body/internal setup.

What is stopping AGM from making off of these designs into GBB rifles? Food for thought.

All I'll be posting my Review of how the rifle held up to 750 rounds on Duster, and 750 rounds on Propane in the actual review thread. Join me there if your interested :)

Nothing but time really...the same deal with G&P, which already has more variant than WA to start. Only issue with direct transfer is that the AEG bodies are made to hold gearbox rather than trigger group. So some of the design will not be directly transferable. But really nothing stopping the AR, buffer-tube based ones being made with time...(as is not SCAR or LR300, yet).

One of the most solid AEGs I own is an AGM HK416- rock solid. If the AGM M4 GBB is as good my HK 416 then we have a good start. I'm looking forward to getting first hand reviews. I'm particularly interested to see how the AGM M4 GBB stands up to the warm weather.

My guess it not that great. The gun is nearly all metal, and from my experience with metal GBBs versus plastic GBBs, the plastic one have a better chance of staying warm, longer. Even with propane adaptors, metal ones (for me) take longer to warm up than my plastic ones.

My guess it not that great. The gun is nearly all metal, and from my experience with metal GBBs versus plastic GBBs, the plastic one have a better chance of staying warm, longer. Even with propane adaptors, metal ones (for me) take longer to warm up than my plastic ones.

wat?

heres a vid i did with mine, it came today and i did a quick comparison with the WA. the ROF is higher on the AGM and i can confirm, they are both interchangeable on internals. To all you waiting on them to arrive, you seriously wont be disappointed. :)

Well, since the gun is completely metal (almost) and metal cools faster than plastic, my guess is that is won't do so great in cold weather.

But the gas the stored in the mag, which is the same either way. So cold weather performance really depends on mag design moreso than on the whole GBB, IMO.

Well, since the gun is completely metal (almost) and metal cools faster than plastic, my guess is that is won't do so great in cold weather.

You do realise the gas is in the mag and is normally in a mag pouch , can be pre warmed if nead be an and the temperature of the gun has very little effect on how well the gas in the mag operates the gun.

You do realise the gas is in the mag and is normally in a mag pouch , can be pre warmed if nead be an and the temperature of the gun has very little effect on how well the gas in the mag operates the gun.

True, but when the gas reaches a cold gun, it's pointless.

I've fired the WA M4 and the WE M4 here in New York in January. The WA did better outside.

And could a new owner please tell me the threading on this?

True, but when the gas reaches a cold gun, it's pointless.

I've fired the WA M4 and the WE M4 here in New York in January. The WA did better outside.

And could a new owner please tell me the threading on this?

That hardly matters... the gas spends almost no time in the gun, hardly enough time for it to reach temp equilibrium with the gun, and after it's expanded out of the mag, we don't care about it anymore. The only thing that matters is the temperature of the gas in the magazine before you shoot.

That hardly matters... the gas spends almost no time in the gun, hardly enough time for it to reach temp equilibrium with the gun, and after it's expanded out of the mag, we don't care about it anymore. The only thing that matters is the temperature of the gas in the magazine before you shoot.

That is true, but in a skirmish I usually (not speaking for others) have my mag in for a good few minutes. I use low caps, and 50 rounds is about the same as that. A few minutes in cold enough weather can do it for the mag.

That is true, but in a skirmish I usually (not speaking for others) have my mag in for a good few minutes. I use low caps, and 50 rounds is about the same as that. A few minutes in cold enough weather can do it for the mag.

Your mag will most likly be in a mag pouch with other mags so it will be able to be warmed inside the pouch. if you dont fill comfy with these mags put hand warmers in your mag pouch and warm them up.

That last video was funky. The WA was good but even though the AGM had beastly ROF it looked like it was leaking huge amounts of gas on full auto.... Not good. I also couldn't understand a word these guys were saying, I heard a bit of english. Maybe it's because I'm tired, who nows.......

I still want mine though.

-Luis

There's another vid that was taken a few mins before hand, the AGM had fired 2-300 shots just before that video there and it was really cold. the WA was taken straight off the gun rack and gassed up so what you were seeing was the cool down effect taking place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnhpxa1O16g

Oh, and heres a translation for ya, haha... Irish btw.

"It probably needs to be racked"

"Look at the smile, ehhh" (rofl)

"Thats the Western Arms one, Now AGM"

"It seems to have a higher rate of fire"

"It does yeah, Final verdict, The western Arms give a tiny bit of a kick" (meaning a little more kick than the AGM)

"This is still warm though (WA) we've already used that one (AGM)" Lets see, yep, its icey cold"

"We'll give them a chrono and see what theyre like"

Archived