AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

There's another vid that was taken a few mins before hand, the AGM had fired 2-300 shots just before that video there and it was really cold. the WA was taken straight off the gun rack and gassed up so what you were seeing was the cool down effect taking place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnhpxa1O16g

Oh, and heres a translation for ya, haha... Irish btw.

"It probably needs to be racked"

"Look at the smile, ehhh" (rofl)

"Thats the Western Arms one, Now AGM"

"It seems to have a higher rate of fire"

"It does yeah, Final verdict, The western Arms give a tiny bit of a kick" (meaning a little more kick than the AGM)

"This is still warm though (WA) we've already used that one (AGM)" Lets see, yep, its icey cold"

"We'll give them a chrono and see what theyre like"

Thanks alot Beretta, that cleared up alot of things. It seems that the AGM runs out of gas fairly quick. Are you able to use up one full mag on a full charge of gas in warm weather(70-90F)?

Thanks again,

-Luis

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you'd probably be looking at about 70-100 shots in the shade when the video was taken, it would have been about 23degrees Celsius but dunno what that is in F,

It was equally as efficient as the WA, the WA just performed better because it hadn't been used. the vid was taken a few min's after it arrived and we were all playing with it like kids before recording this. :D so it was icy cold.

the mag had a slight leak but some oil sorted that. its a complete clone of the WA and the mags are interchangeable. the WA mag's leaks a slight bit more than the AGM though. the rubber piece where the gas comes from on the AGM mag had some left over material hanging on so it wasn't getting a clear path through but after a quick trim with a craft knife it was perfect. the gun also wasn't oiled at that stage and it comes with very little lubrication. It got some silicone oil and the performance improved a lot. :)

you'd probably be looking at about 70-100 shots in the shade when the video was taken, it would have been about 23degrees Celsius but dunno what that is in F,

It was equally as efficient as the WA, the WA just performed better because it hadn't been used. the vid was taken a few min's after it arrived and we were all playing with it like kids before recording this. :D so it was icy cold.

the mag had a slight leak but some oil sorted that. its a complete clone of the WA and the mags are interchangeable. the WA mag's leaks a slight bit more than the AGM though. the rubber piece where the gas comes from on the AGM mag had some left over material hanging on so it wasn't getting a clear path through but after a quick trim with a craft knife it was perfect. the gun also wasn't oiled at that stage and it comes with very little lubrication. It got some silicone oil and the performance improved a lot. :)

... thanks a lot, there goes another $200 :rolleyes: seriously though, good vids and good overview of the gun

In the video I didn't see the guy hitting the bolt release after the mag change. That would imply that the bolt did not lock back on the last round or did I miss something?

If you watch again, you can tell he's doing something very wrong. Once he took out the first mag, he hits the bolt release. And he racks the gun again right before he inserts the second mag. And if thats not the case, then it could be the use of HFC134 gas causing the bolt to not fully cycle. :wacko:

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

-Luis

Mine works like a dream with Marui gas.

Had to grease it with silicon oil before using. Was dry as a *beep*

Small gas leak in mag after filling it.

Front handguard is IMO quite flimsy, some krylon OD paint will do the job.

ah, Ive got plain old M4A1 model

I wasnt crazy about the standard hand guard either. its really cheapo sort of plastic. I got rid of it and fitted an MOE and a decent stock. still not really happy with the overall look but i think its a lot better than it was. :)

Defo wanna get a better pistol grip for it. i hate this type of grip. I wonder would a real steel Magpul MIAD fit it?

EDIT, just found them on wgc. happy days. :D

3596183256_6ff6b28869_b.jpg

3595382369_cb4eb8217b_b.jpg

3595383175_71b80ec335_b.jpg

3596185530_b605224776_b.jpg

This gun is looking very promising. I can't decide between this and a KA AEG M4. I'm waiting for some longer term assesments, since everything looks good the day you get it. <_< . Some skirmish reports would be great, aswell as anyone using the $18 AGM mags. If those are good to go, and it is skirmishable, I'll snag me up one. I only worried about fall/winter use, since it gets hella cold at my field.

EDIT: Besides RA-TECH, what are the other good quality parts I could use to replace some of the neccesary items? RA-TECH is a little to expensive for my meager budget.

**t3h pink**

All I need is to get a set of these to fit, a brushed steel outer barrel and the receiver anodized bubblegum pink, sorted :)

523E2TG6SH5IDBESJ5XT4TH6GFNQBVTE.png

;)

That last video was funky. The WA was good but even though the AGM had beastly ROF it looked like it was leaking huge amounts of gas on full auto.... Not good.

Same thought I had.

Every video I've seen has shown the same thing; clouds of gas escaping from the ejection port.

The fact that the ACM gun is a copy of the WA and yet you don't see the WA doing it indicates that there's some issue with the way the ACM is built.

I must say, I'm not that fussed about the problem. It's exactly the sort of thing I expect to have to sort out.

Same thought I had.

Every video I've seen has shown the same thing; clouds of gas escaping from the ejection port.

The fact that the ACM gun is a copy of the WA and yet you don't see the WA doing it indicates that there's some issue with the way the ACM is built.

I must say, I'm not that fussed about the problem. It's exactly the sort of thing I expect to have to sort out.

Yeah that worries me, especially if someone next to me is smoking... :flamethrower: It'd be over lol.....

But I'm thinking that it has to be an issue with the valve knocker pressing on the valve for too long, thus releasing excess gas. That or the mag needs sealing. Leaking or not, as long as I get one mag off without running out of gas on me I'm good. Either way it looks pretty cool though. You can pretend that it's a real AR and that the gas is smoke..... :P

Now that I remember, I saw a video where the AGM M4 is tested with 3 different mags. AGM, WA, and GHK mags were used. The AGM and GHK mags leaked while the WA mag didn't. The WA mag was upgraded with a G&P seal kit so that could of thrown off the comparison. This shows that the problem could indeed be the mag. The video doesn't show alot of bolt catch action either..... :( Makes me wonder if it really works reliably...

Hopefully the mag issue is fixable because I'm planning on buying about 5 additional AGM mags. I'm willing to open them up as soon as I get them and get them sealed.

-Luis

If its just the sealing issue, $18 per mag is still an unbeatable price. For the AGM, if I can get off 50-80 rounds off of one charge of gas in semi (which I usually do in CQB) I'm good.

I can't wait for mine to get here.

But I'm thinking that it has to be an issue with the valve knocker pressing on the valve for too long, thus releasing excess gas. That or the mag needs sealing. ...

Yeah, I wonder if this venting issue might be a combination of a seal problem plus the AGM M4 being bone dry (little/no lubrication) straight out the box (as some owners have reported).

Either way, I'm still looking forward to owning this piece in the future.

Yeah, I wonder if this venting issue might be a combination of a seal problem plus the AGM M4 being bone dry (little/no lubrication) straight out the box (as some owners have reported).

Either way, I'm still looking forward to owning this piece in the future.

The off-gas you see being vented out the ejection port is usually caused by an improper seal between the magazine gas port and the receiving port below the nozzle. This is due to varying tolerances among the different manufacturers of each part. For instance the gas port on the GHK mag is .5mm lower than that of a WA magazine. Therefore you have more gas being wasted by the GHK (read less gas reaching nozzle, same amount expelled from mag) because of the gap. Same is most likely true of the AGM magazine.

Yeah, the poor tolerances can't be avoided at the price. However as soon as you get the gun, do your part and lube everything and get familiar with the gun. Check the seals and I'd try to work the mag a bit. Try raising the magazine's gas port.

But like I said, even if it leaks, as long as I can empty a mag on one charge of gas I'm a happy man.

-Luis

The $176 includes shipping from Ebaybanned

however, I've been told they're really slow

The $123 price tag is for EhobbyAsia, where I ordered mine. It shipped out yesterday, so they're pretty fast.

Shipping is $81 but you get a 5% discount if you register with them. My total tag was $196 or so.

The off-gas you see being vented out the ejection port is usually caused by an improper seal between the magazine gas port and the receiving port below the nozzle. This is due to varying tolerances among the different manufacturers of each part. For instance the gas port on the GHK mag is .5mm lower than that of a WA magazine. Therefore you have more gas being wasted by the GHK (read less gas reaching nozzle, same amount expelled from mag) because of the gap. Same is most likely true of the AGM magazine.

Yeah, the poor tolerances can't be avoided at the price. However as soon as you get the gun, do your part and lube everything and get familiar with the gun. Check the seals and I'd try to work the mag a bit. Try raising the magazine's gas port.

But like I said, even if it leaks, as long as I can empty a mag on one charge of gas I'm a happy man.

-Luis

Ah, that makes sense.

I guess I'll check the seals and gas port when I get it then.

Also, I was planning on trying my luck with those ProWin shortmags that are in development.

-T.S.

Ah, that makes sense.

I guess I'll check the seals and gas port when I get it then.

Also, I was planning on trying my luck with those ProWin shortmags that are in development.

-T.S.

Many have found increased FPS and blowback when pressing up on the GHK mags when firing - just an impractical way of closing the gap. For the AGM magazine, since it is a direct WA clone, you can install the RA Tech replacement tips for a dollar or two; problem solved.

The $176 includes shipping from Ebaybanned

however, I've been told they're really slow

The $123 price tag is for EhobbyAsia, where I ordered mine. It shipped out yesterday, so they're pretty fast.

Shipping is $81 but you get a 5% discount if you register with them. My total tag was $196 or so.

+1 for ehobbyasia. I ordered my AGM on last Sunday night, rifle showed up Wensday. 3 days from China to US is pretty fast!

As i said above lads, i wouldnt worry about the venting of the gas. the gun and magazine was freezing at that stage. the western arms was sitting in a warm stock room all day so it was bound to be better.

I have the AGM here at the moment and with decent temperature in the mag its flawless. it will vent when it gets colt but that takes probably 100 or more shots and plenty of full auto.

the WA does seem to have that little bit more kick from it, i presume from its lightweight abs receiver where as the AGM's metal heavier receiver helps to absorb this. overall i am very ipressed with the rifle and there have been no flaws bar a simple one. the rubber feeder from the mag into the loading muzzle had some excess material left behind and was preventing the smooth flow of the gas, i just trimmed this and it improved a lot. mind you, the videos were done with this still in place.

ive already changed a lot of it from stock, hand guard, carry handle etc etc but theres still a few things i wanna do, like an ambi mag catch and fire selector like the G&P one.

Archived