• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changing the hop unit - http://www.taf-inc.com/discuz/viewthread.p...;extra=page%3D1

remove outer barrel

remove inner barrel and hop unit (watch out for the spring)

slide the oring out from its groove in the barrel in front of the hop up adjuster drum (or just pull the drum forwards and have it roll the o-ring out for you)

slide adjuster drum along the barrel away from hop unit

prise the two halves of the hop unit apart - its split down the middle nothing holds it together other than the axis pin of the adjuster arm so just get a finger nail in between the two halves and pull it apart

remove the hop adjuster from the hop unit

insert barrel and hop rubber into the new hop unit (theres a little square nub obn side fo the hop rubber that acts as a key to ensure the hop rubber and barrel only fit in one way)

fit the original hop up adjuster arm into one side of the new hop unit

join the two halves together

if its the RA-Tech one tighten the philips screw on one side of the unit that holds the two halves together

slide the adjuster drum back up over end of the hop unit

riollt he o ring back into its groove in the inner barrel just in front of the drum

Ratech unit tighten the two hex screws that hold the inner tightly in the hop unit (try and tighten them evenly so barrel doesnt get canted to one side)

fit spring back in place

fit back into the upper receiver

refit outer barrel

tighten barrel nut

done

Edited by snorkelman

Thanks mate.

Ran it through google translate, doesnt make much sense but i now at least have an idea.

The one from ebaybanned looks just like that one in the guide, i was very impressed with the quality, just hope it fits all ok :).

I had a reply back from Paul about the anti rotation link screws being too small and all he had to say was that he had tested them in several different type of guns.

I will have to hunt around and see if i can find some screws small enough to fit, i think they are BA.

Edited by falconfour4
will this handguard fit with the AGM 061? I don't like the ris, but I need rails for the "additional" stuff :-)

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-handguard-black-p-2053.html

Lance

It wont fit on the plastic hand guard version quite as easily as it does the Railed version, the plastic for end version has a different ring at the gas block. You can switch it for a Dboys one though, thats what i did.

You can fit the MOE front grip and Magpul stocks on no probs, providing they fit a normal sized buffer tube. :)

3650862421_90e7bbd56e_b.jpg

Guys no replies to me post? Any one have any idea why the valve, ie when you look at your mag you see a silver metal bar, which the hammer hits. It froze soild, would not move in or out, even with pilers, I even took a hammer to it and it would not move a MM

I need a new mag, So do the GHK ones fit? As am not keen on buying more AGM mags

It sounds like you problem will be the typical case of a bent striker. Heres a pic of it, and a pic of the valve stripped down.

3672967737_f3dd52ca33_b.jpg

3672965393_349f52a57d_b.jpg

I don't think anybody has them.

The rumour goes that G&P bought a huge stack of them to supply with their guns and, since then, none have been available.

I wouldn't be surprised if WA mags stay out of stock until such time that WA can find a manufacturer to produce them at a cost that allows them to be sold at a price that competes with Bomber and GHK mags.

Hmmm...I dunno about that. In Japan, I'm seeing the newer WA mags (the USD$93 ones) readily available and less of the original (leaky) ones less and less. I assumed they were just replacing the old ones with the newer ones. In addition, I thought WA mags were actually manufactured by G&P (source from another manufacturer in HK).

Another random tip...

If your AGM mag is leaking you can try to seal it with PTFE tape.

When you do this, remove the o-rings before winding the PTFE tape around the top and bottom block of the mag.

When you're done, put the o-ring back over the tape.

DO NOT simply wrap tape on top of the existing o-ring.

Why not?

Well, as you replace the top and bottom blocks whatever's on the outside will rub against the walls of the mag.

If it's PTFE tape it'll be shredded by the time it's in place and the mag will continue to leak.

If you fit the o-ring over the top of the PTFE tape it'll be the o-ring rubbing against the walls of the mag and a rubber o-ring is more durable than PTFE tape. ;)

Top tip from stealth there.

In other news, my AGM is FINALLY out for delivery; assuming parcelforce don't screw anything up, I'll have it in a (hopefully small) number of hours! I will do my best to whip up a comprehensive review of it when it does appear. What common issues should I be on the look out for, then?

So far I've seen mags swelling and leaking, as well as the hop having masking tape and generally being a bit wonky out of the box. Anything else to have a look for, then?

EDIT: HURRAH! It's here! I'm in love with this beastie already :D once I get some decent photos sorted, I'll get on with a review :D

Edited by MDK_Marshal

@beretta

Nice pic, what replica is it? Is it an AGM?

I know that there are differences between AEG buffer tube and AGM (WA...) and because of that i don't know what magpul stock will fit AGM ones. Only the RS parts?

And another question, on ebbaned's page there are several buffer tubes (stock pipes?) thet fit WA and not AGM?

E.g. http://www.ebairsoft.com/position-stock-pipe-p-2319.html

Why is that? Isn't the AGM a clone of the WA? :huh:

Care to crank that down some and see how LOW it can go?

Also, I'm currently chronoing my m4, with some added fun and games. Delta ring decided to loosen itself during firing, giving me a difference of 94 fps between the highest and lowest readings! Methinks it'll be a bit ore consistent with the front end, well, actually screwed in ;)

Hi, i instaled a ratech NPAS and it gives to my AGM 155 mps (508 fps) ;)

hi, could you do me a favour and look how low you can go with the NPAS? Wich is the lowest FPS you can reach with the system?

thanks Lance

...sorry I have just seen, that MDK asked right the same :blush:

Edited by lance201

I bought this http://www.augdal.net/product.php?id_product=12 and aluminium follower from ratech pages(it will make the move of a bolt more streight without only a small wobbles, not like agm with parts). I´m angry that i must take away the barrel just whan i make it stand still like a stone. :( I hope that the problem is in the spring...Anyway, does somebody have new hop chamber? PRIME, RATECH, ELEMENT(ebaybanned)?? I would like to buy one of them and i don´t know if they fit to AGM...Thanx...I´m going to find where is the problem

So far I've seen mags swelling and leaking, as well as the hop having masking tape and generally being a bit wonky out of the box. Anything else to have a look for, then?

EDIT: HURRAH! It's here! I'm in love with this beastie already :D once I get some decent photos sorted, I'll get on with a review :D

Understand that the striker sometimes stops the mag from being fully inserted.

If the mag won't go in pull back the charging handle by an inch or so and it should be fine.

I'd suggest you examine the bolt catch for signs of oddness.

See if it can move freely. Check the spring pin can't fall out and check the spring is actually long enough to allow the pin to do, umm, anything.

Check the way the hop-up is built.

There's probably a lump of masking tape wrapped around the bucking.

Check the hop-up bucking is fitted with the tab at the SIDE and not at the top.

Check the hop-up is reassembled with the bucking tab fitted into the cut-out in the (left?) side of the hop-up housing.

When I got my gun the bucking was fitted with the tab at the top of the barrel and the tab clamped between the 2 halves of the housing. All wrong!

If you decide to remove the tactical masking tape, have a look and see if there's a hole in the bottom of the bucking.

Check the stock tube is tight.

If that comes loose you'll lose the tiny spring pin that secures the rear receiver pin. It is held in place by the plate under the stock nut.

If you want to make things better in the gun I'd suggest you remove the bolt carrier immediately and file away the casting seam along the bottom of it.

If you get that surface as smooth as possible and the surface of the hammer as smooth as possible the gun will cycle noticeably better.

*EDIT*

Just received my hop-up chamber from EBB.

It was the one that looked like metal on their website but didn't actually say so.

It is metal and it seems to be very nicely made.

Haven't actually checked if the gun shoots OK with it in but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.

which grease to use on the bolt? I've cleaned up the bolt but now needed to regrease it so i used some gear grease..

Is this fine or should i use cylinder grease or something else?

Use gear grease, which is the same as white lithium grease, on the bolt carrier(big metal part that houses the plastic bolt).

Use cylinder grease on the white plastic bolt that cycles the gas. Use it on O-rings and other plastic components.

Do NOT use gear grease(white lithium grease) on any plastic or rubber components, it'll eat them alive!

@ MDK Marshal:

Look out for all the grey colored parts throughout the gun. These are made of terrible pot metal, they are brittle. The bolt stop especially, I'd be careful if you like to slap the bolt stop. Mine straight up snapped off and went flying when I inserted a magazine, I hadn't even shot it once!

Here's how it looked:

DSC09505.jpg

By the way, it snapped off within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box.

Also make sure that your gun isn't missing the fron sight post. Mine came without one and I can't aim properly right now.

DSC09560.jpg

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
Look out for all the grey colored parts throughout the gun. These are made of terrible pot metal, they are brittle. The bolt stop especially, I'd be careful if you like to slap the bolt stop. Mine straight up snapped off and went flying when I inserted a magazine, I hadn't even shot it once!

Also make sure that your gun isn't missing the fron sight post. Mine came without one and I can't aim properly right now.

-Luis

I thought you said you bought your gun second-hand?