P90, How much do you love yours?

greg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
which reminds me i need to get my sniper PS90TR project going asap,

I have one:

Running on a Flightpower Evo lite 11.1v 2200mah lipo which just fits the bat compartment (with a little Dremmeling). Wiring is 16swg, 'Infecteds' AB fet & deans connectors.

It's currently on a lalax 6.03x450, housed in a porceliner type silencer but was on a madbull 363 for a while, which was just as good. I'll probably go back to the MB, as it allows a little bit of the silencer to be used, where as the 455 goes right up to the end of the silencer.

Gear set is ICS, motor is an ICS turbo 3000 & the piston is a Syst metal one with syst metal head.

Currently 400fps for UA but it has been on 425 for other sites like GZ.

I was warned that this combo would be rock solid but really noisy & that has been true. I've abused it for about 3 years now, with no problems.

Trigger response is instant & it gives 12" groups at 60m with Guarder .28 hpms.

The noise is very off putting. I have dynomatted the body (as per all of my 90's) but it's still bad.

I'm on the verge of tearing out the gear set & replacing it with lalax, in the hope of making this as whisper quiet as my other 90's. :rolleyes:

The quest for perfection.

I cant decide between the triple torque or max torque helicals.

PM me, if you want my old internals, as said, they have proved reliable.

Greg.

this is a terrible idea.

using high caps as mid caps would not eliminate the bb rattle...

you would still have to wind the mag...

its much harder to judge how many rounds you are putting in a high cap...

mid caps (in my experience) feed better than high caps

You do know we are talking about a P90 right?????????

No rattle & transparent. :huh:

Greg.

Lol, yeah, the reason we want midcaps? No unwinding, better feeding and no need to constantly tap the mags.

Better all round really.

150 rounds in a midcap is ace in my opinion as well. Enough to be fun, without being silly.

P90 mag rattle? Bah... :rolleyes:

Mm, the unwinding can be a *badgeress*. Never been able to solve that, but it doesn't happen that often. Unload of few of the bb's via the feed tube & rewind. :rolleyes:

&, as said the 'iffy' feeding is cured with the silicon cleaning process I described in the other thread. ;)

Me, I want the 150ers, as they should make less noise caused by the bb's jostling in the hi-caps, while being fired.

On two out of three of my 'silenced' 90's, this is audible & annoying. :D the locaps are ok, but no good in a hosefest, 150's will be the best of both worlds. Just enough to keep up with the box-mag-boyz. :o

Greg.

Lol, yeah, the reason we want midcaps? No unwinding, better feeding and no need to constantly tap the mags.

my mags feed fine and i probly tap them once every 2000+ rounds.

Maybe its the mag's your buying :P , saying that i only buy TM mags for my p90. I have some chinas from a group order but still havent picked them up yet.

i will admit there noisy though

Mm, the unwinding can be a *badgeress*. Never been able to solve that, but it doesn't happen that often. Unload of few of the bb's via the feed tube & rewind. :rolleyes:

&, as said the 'iffy' feeding is cured with the silicon cleaning process I described in the other thread. ;)

Me, I want the 150ers, as they should make less noise caused by the bb's jostling in the hi-caps, while being fired.

On two out of three of my 'silenced' 90's, this is audible & annoying. :D the locaps are ok, but no good in a hosefest, 150's will be the best of both worlds. Just enough to keep up with the box-mag-boyz. :o

Greg.

Will try your method greg, real soon. Going to polish the area first with flitz polish though. Make it extra slippery.

Damn you all!

I've regretting selling my P90 since the moment it left my hands, and now this thread has made me want one again.

Get one.

The only trouble now is you have a choice of manufactures.

It used to be so easy, RD or TR? Now it's a little more confusing, with Echo, ACM & CA all offering alternatives. ;)

Greg.

Will try your method greg, real soon. Going to polish the area first with flitz polish though. Make it extra slippery.

Not sure that's necessary as the inner surface has a pretty smooth, glossy finish. But, open one up & see what you think. The shinier the better. ;)

Greg.

what exactly is your plan for a sniper PS90TR?

on a different subject, what is everyones obsession with midcaps? just buy some highcaps and only load however many bb's you want into them.

also PS90 , what do you guys think? personally i dont like them, they kind of defeat the point of a p90.

My plan goes something alittle like this;

Madbull PS90 outter barrel

Madbull inner barrel (not sure of the name but i know which im after)

Perhaps a H-hop depending if i need to mod the hop up arm (if i do then im not getting it)

tbh im not sure on the gearbox yet since i've yet to get one for the TR but my RD's defo staying stock

Mid caps = 150ish bbs that defo will feed & no winding needed (my fingers hurt after winding those hi-caps) thats my reason for it

PS90s i like em tbh, and i swear i've had this convosation in the P90 Picture thread about the PS90s

<snip>

I cant decide between the triple torque or max torque helicals.

PM me, if you want my old internals, as said, they have proved reliable.

Greg.

Here comes the questions, you have been warned; whats the differance between triple torque and max torque? aren't torque setups meant for pulling heavy springs?

tbh if I had a gearbox to put your parts in I would gladly buy them from you! I have the TR upper, lower receiver (with all the trigger bits etc), gearbox plate & butt plate and that's it.

I'm sure I've asked this a lot, but do you know if the ACM/KS P90 Gearbox takes version 2/3 Gears? since they use regular bearings/bushings. I know the piston/piston head/cylinder head would have to be a Version 6, but not sure on the gears. Since the most affordable way of getting a gear box would have to be buying the ACM/KS one.

and what was this about your way of sorting the hi-caps out?

Damn you all.

There's a new P90 TR heading my way.

WOOHOO!!

TBH you won't regret it!

side note; if any one hasn't tried dual welding P90s your missing out :P

Marui P90TR was my first AEG......four years later I haven't done anything to it, and it still runs better than both my custom AR jobbies AND my G-Spec (and not because I knacker anything I touch, just simple reliability is all). I haven't used it much recently, as my shoulders have changed shape and it's become a tad odd to wield. Still, I wouldn't get rid of it for the world, and is simple the single most reliable airsoft gun I have ever owned/used/seen/heard of/ felt/ fondled/loved/Imayhavegoneoverboardwiththis. Ever.

well i do own a p 90 (echo 1)

and yes my hi caps do rattle and my mid caps do not.

my point about not knowing how many you put in even if the mag is clear means that with a mid cap the mag has a designated ammount. without counting how many rounds you are putting in your hi cap you cant consistently load the same amount of bbs.

and yes the mags typically dont feed as well as midcaps if unmodified...

you still have to wind the mag.

have i clarified previous statement?

have i clarified previous statement?

No.

You're still posting rubbish.

How can you know how many BBs are left in a midcap?

One of the best things about P90 hicaps is that a player can clearly see how many BBs are left in the mag.

I'm also at a loss to understand why your P90 hicaps are rattling.

Hhhmmm, have to agree with Stealth here on the confusion with rattling hi-caps for a P90. Mine never rattled tbh, maybe I've missed something here.

Also, side note, land warrior has the new CA P90's in £190 for a Rd and a tenner more for a TR, am tempted but have to admit I'd rather get the lower end one made by CA as they run quite well out the box. at £190 for a metal upper its tempting but not that much.

No.

You're still posting rubbish.

How can you know how many BBs are left in a midcap?

obviously your not getting my point...

when you have a midcap you have a certain amount of bbs that you can put in. you confidently fill up your mag and it has the same number of bbs every time. with a high cap you have to count every bb you put in to make sure you are putting in a consistent amount.

crystal clear for you?

i have 6 mid caps that have never rattled and 2 high caps that rattle constantly.

therefore it is true for me that midcaps dont rattle and high caps do...

You are talking about different types of mags if i understand this correctly.

The TM mags don't rattle. Dunno why since I don't have any. The mid caps are just as low caps just more ammo.

The TM hi caps are see through so you can see the BBs. The clone mags are gravity fed and not see through...

That is if I've understood everything correctly.

Hi caps (P90) dont rattle as the bb's are under constant pressure from the feeder guide. Which pushes them tightly towards the mech.

You can clearly see how many BB's are in the mag and if you are comparing to midcaps, you must already have a speed loader?

My speedloader gives me 4 bb's per press. So you can use your speed loader to fill the hicap rather than just pour them in and count. No different, other than you load in the hatch on the hicap.

Guys, its not rocket science! In fact... its rather pointless this conversation as P90 hicaps DONT RATTLE.

Least none of mine and certainly nothing like my hicaps in other guns, they rattle like crazy.

when you have a midcap you have a certain amount of bbs that you can put in. you confidently fill up your mag and it has the same number of bbs every time. with a high cap you have to count every bb you put in to make sure you are putting in a consistent amount.

crystal clear for you?

Not really.

Unless you suffer with OCD, what's it matter how many BBs you put into the mag unless you keep a count of them when you fire?

The hicap is more useful because it allows you to see how many BBs remain in a partially empty mag.

Beyond that, no. I've yet to see any midcap that I could just cram BBs into and get exactly the same amount every time.

You're either just cramming BBs in until you can't get any more in or you're counting them out of a speedloader or loading tube in which case knowing how many BBs you've loaded has nothing to do with the mag anyway.

Conversely, with the P90 hicaps, I'd bet that you can load almost the same number of BBs every time because they're free to fill the mag easily.

Incidentally, Marui lowcaps for the P90 allow you to load precise numbers of BBs because you can SEE them as they fill up the channel inside the mag.

Still baffled as to why you think P90 hicap mags rattle.

Also, to those who feel like wading into this, please don't think that I have a hard-on for P90 hicap mags.

If I have a "hard-on" for anything, it's for honesty and accurate information.

1. whats the differance between triple torque and max torque? aren't torque setups meant for pulling heavy springs?

2. I'm sure I've asked this a lot, but do you know if the ACM/KS P90 Gearbox takes version 2/3 Gears? since they use regular bearings/bushings. I know the piston/piston head/cylinder head would have to be a Version 6, but not sure on the gears. Since the most affordable way of getting a gear box would have to be buying the ACM/KS one.

3. and what was this about your way of sorting the hi-caps out?

1. Yes, I currently run a 110, (400fps) but have run between that & a 180! As said, not sure about the lalax max torque (helicals) or triple torque (flat cut). The Max torque is probably a bit overkill but I'm attracted if they reduce the gear noise.

2. Have you seen many ver6 gear sets? Probably not. The ver 6 box's gear axles are allegedly slightly different from a ver2/3. I never bothered to measure this, so can't confirm it. One thing is for sure, I've been running Ver2/3 gears in my 90's (2xMarui, 1xCA) with no probs. The CA, like the ACM has a standard drilled box, not the offset bush like in the Marui.

3. Strip the mag down & polish the inner surface of the bb chamber with light silicon oil. Leave the surface with a light sheen of oil, do not over lube, this is purely a 'cleaning' process. Now, when you fill the mags, never fill them totally. Always leave about 1cm from the filling hole. Hold back the feed spring when you start winding. After winding, hold back the feed spring & shake the mag. Sort of, short, quick shaking, to vibrate the bb's. This allows them to stack up in an orderly manner, you will see it happen.

Doing this means rarely suffering stoppages. About once every 5000 shots, or 15 fills. It is random, but rarely happens. Depending on use (amount & ambient conditions) you may have to repeat the 'lubing/cleaning' process between every 6 months to every few years. ;)

Greg.

crystal clear for you?

i have 6 mid caps that have never rattled and 2 high caps that rattle constantly.

therefore it is true for me that midcaps dont rattle and high caps do...

This is true for most aeg mags, AK's, HK's, M16-a-likes.

But this is a thread dedicated to P90's.

As everyone who has a 90 knows, the mags lay horizontally on top of the gun. In the hi-caps, the bb's are force fed into the clockwork feed system with a spring powered plunger (rather than gravity fed like all the others). This means NO RATTLING. EVER! :mellow:

Ergo everyone thinks you don't have a P90, or know (in this case) what you are talking about. ;)

Greg.

Archived