P90, How much do you love yours?

greg

I get ya. Better to be safe than sorry with the "mag" made mid caps than the acm silveback made mid caps.

Though, no-one has said, yet if they have had silverback mid caps and because of this, I'd like to get some first hand experience, if possible (Good, bad indifferent).

Thanks for all the fast replies though, very much appreciated.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the happy owner of a CA proline P90 and MAG Mids work wonders for me. Great mag, quite good construction, awesome capacity and they feed just perfectly (after break in, like any midcap).

CA Hi-cap misfed a couple of times, the good thing about them is that with one wind you can empty the mag completely. Anyway, I hate hi-caps. Mag Mids FTW!

I've heard MAG mags don't work for clone P90's - every time I've heard that MAG mids don't feed is when the owner has a JG/KS/E1 P90.

I have noticed the same thing. Almost every single complain throughout the internet about Mag mids not working right is with ACM guns.

Hey for my first AEG I started off with a classic army p90! Lasted me for all of 30 rounds then the hi cap broke then the hop up got all weird. I then learned how to take a gearbox a part. However not how to put one together! I kept the stock and upper receiver and making it a project to make it tan.

Well I havn't got a clone P90, got a TM RD version, so that should be fine with mag mids (Was thinking about buying one as back-up, but no point if it won't use the same mags as my TM P90. As in if I buy these mag mid caps, I wont be buying more mags just to use in the acm P90).

So no-one has used a silverback mid cap, in their tokyo marui P90?

Ah, the P90. I fell in love with it after seeing it in a defense magazine in the 1980s. It looked so futuristic yet so cleverly designed. As I was a RPG-gamer (the classic dice and paper-style, not on computer) back then in my teens I equiped almost all my characters with P90's if possible.

Then I did military service as a mechanic and carried a FN FNC all day, then I loved the idea of carrying a P90 even more. In 2000-2001 I met a few people and we took up airsofting. The choice of gun for me was obvious. The spanking new TM P90 was ordered off the net. It was my first, and to this day only AEG, and while my airsofting days ended due to a shift of focus from the fun life of being a young adult to being a responsible family father I have used the gun occationally for some plinking.

My gun is as it was delivered, completely stock. It has acuired a few scratches here and there, and the kids broke two small pieces of plastic from the upper receiver (the front steel sight on one side, and the rear steel sight on the other :-/ ), but it still shoots fairly straight.

I have read a lot of complaints about the RDS, and I am the first to admit that it´s not top notch, but when I was airsofting I found it adequate for the job. I usually hit where I am aiming. The biggest disadvantage with the gun however is that it doesn´t convince the target that it has been hit very well. I often had situations where the victim looked quite perplex when hit, not knowing where to take cover, and then, when hit by a second burst finally admiting being hit. I was curious why, and it turned out that the target felt the hits, but couldn´t hear any sound of a gun being fired, which was news to me, since I thought my gun was the noisiest around. Having the ear against the mechbox while shooting gives you that idea.

As for the high cap mag I have had some trouble with it lately, when it has refused to feed more than a handful bullets before jamming. However, I dismantled the mag and sprayed lubricants on the mechanism and, perhaps most important, adjusted a small spring that sits where the bullets are guided in to the feeder wheel. Now it feeds just as fine as it did nine years ago.

Since my kids have shown interest in shooting, and airsoft guns are quite harmless even compared to regular compressed air guns I used this argument as an excuse to preorder the Magpul PTS Masada (the kids need to learn how to shoot a "real " rifle with steel sights :-) ). Maybe I will take up airsofting again someday. I could use the exercise.

I think the only bad thing about the P90 is the looks. It´s a love or hate thing. If you hate the looks, then you´ll hate the way it is supposed to be held, the way you change mags and the other stuff people complain about. If you like the looks, then those issues are not any issues really.

Well, my P90 was my first AEG. I've loved the P90 since I first saw a picture of one back in the mid '90s. As soon as I got into Airsoft and found out there was an AEG of one, I knew I had to have it, but I also knew it's ergonmonics weren't for everyone. I was able to shoulder one at one of my first skirmishes, and found that it suited me perfectly, so the last obstacle was finding one.

It was here on Arnies that I found one for sale, an original RDS version. Now, six years later, that gun is still going strong with stock internals and Gods know how many rounds through it. The only mods it's had are to fit a 'J' battery, and to file down a broken 'iron' sight on the left side. The only repairs its needed are to resolder the trigger wires on the semi trigger contacts. Other then that, nothing.

Two Lo-Caps and three Hi-Caps, but no Mid-Caps. I've been tempted, but my Hi-Caps seem to feed well enough after a little fettling and lubing. Even the much maligned Red Dot has never bothered me, once you get in the right posture, you're not supposed to move your head, and, honestly, how many people use more then a couple of the myriad of brightness settings on their sights anyway?

Although I've probably jinxed it now. ;)

3383848906_ed25cc48b0_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but some of the differences are a matter of personal preference, in my opinion. I still prefer my TM over my CA proline, but others might prefer the CA.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=176447&view=findpost&p=2318123 (and the post 2 after it with the media) has some of my thoughts comparing the TM and CA proline. I may have other thoughts posted elsewhere, but this covers most of it.

Well I've been using my P90 for well over two years now. Having bought and skirmished with just about every type of assault rifle I can say that P90 am bestest gun eva!!!2 I see the pic of it from a few pages ago isn't working so here it is again:

post-11259-12837809792453_thumb.jpg

- upgraded to 328fps (my site allows for 350 but I've stuck with 328 as it has quite a high rate of fire)

- mosfet upgrade

- runs off a 7.4v 1800mah (25c) LiPo - which fits beautifully in the battery compartment

- gearbox rebuilt with element gears

- Metal bushings

- does about 1000rpm

- hop-unit modified with UV leds for tracer goodness

- modified nitro vo. rail

- foam padded silencer

- tighbore barrel

- mosquito molds 40mm grenade launcher

- originally had a 5mw green laser but has since been changed to a 5W torch

I have 3 TM hi-caps and 2 lo-caps for it, last year I bought 3 chinese clone mags...which were awful. I don't use them anymore, they are now merely kept around for replacement parts to keep the TM ones going. I lot of people moan about the mags for the P90, I can see why tbh. The TM mags are very good but every 6 months or so they need to be stripped down and fully cleaned. Every month I give them a squirt of silicone spray and run them through (I also make sure I keep no load on the springs when not in use). They run great and easily feed all 300 rounds through the gun without additional winding. I love the fact I can just look down to see how much ammo is left. Simply put: P90 mags are both a blessing and a curse.

I've done a lot of mods to my P90 but I will never ever put that fugly awful m4 hicap box mag abomination on it.

So, being the geek that I am, I want to make my P90 SG1 ready. So its got a rail on the right hand for a flashlight, but is there a safe way to add a rail on the left side for a laser? It looks like there's a spot for it, but I'm currently sitting on my hands waiting for mine to come in, so I wouldn't really know.

• 2 months later...

Archived