P90, How much do you love yours?

greg

Stealth, I've got the REM T3 for my RS P90 sight and it transforms it into a very good day/night sight. I've got it fiitted to the G&P metal body and it needs a little sanding to get it it fit. I've had my P90 for 3 years and won't use anything else ( mind you I've had to reduce my battery from 11.1 to 7.4 as even a short burst at 1J in CQB, was getting to painful to watch!).

I use a Weesatch for my mags with no problem, I just extend out the falp and use velcro as a loop around the flap to stop the mags sagging out. At the moment however I'm using a Blackhawk chest bandolier which takes P90 mags or UMP mags and carry it on a Chalkers harness. Also got a Vest man P90 vest but haven't fielded it yet.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my P90 loads.. As soon as first saw them on stargate i fell in love with it but thought it was some futuristic only made for the program gun. So after a bit of googling i discovered it was indeed a real-steel weapon, up until this i had never heard of airsoft. So, bit of research later and i had a TM p90 (before the stupid VCR bill) so its not garishly painted. I dont do skirmish, i shoot it in my garden, its for my fun alone. There is something almost marmitey about the P90, you either adore it or you hate it. Me, i love it, with a passion. I would dearly love to fire a real one and not the crappy civilian version, a full fat fully automatic one.

My only dislike is the red dot scope. And also that so far only TM ammo fit in that barrel without jamming.

Mines a couple of years old now but still looks mint. Now i just want TM to make a FN F2000.

Spec of my gun.

TM P90

SystemA M120 full upgrade kit

PDI hi-accuracy barrel

Attack Pack 10.8v 1500mAh NiMH battery

MOSFET trigger (with all info from this very site)

Red dot replaced with completely over powered green laser.

TM Hi cap mag

TM new tracer unit

Few hundred quids worth there but worth it every time a BB punches straight through a can or smacks a BB into my target.

Just wish i owned a chrono for a proper energy test.

Anyway, there you go.

No silly, not on the receiver. :rolleyes:

On the mag, it looks like some sort of knob

Its part of the hatch on the top of the mag for filling it with bbs, its only a cheap WELL LEPG from the stoneage afterall.

I have a P90 also, nice gun but the mags make it the most impractical of all my guns so i've never used it much :P

First time i saw it in Stargate i had to get one! Id give 2 toes and my back teeth for mine probably more. lol.

My spec:

TM P90 with Semi, Burst, Full Auto

Internals-

TM Gearbox

Deep Fire Nozzle

Systema Steel Spring Guide

Systema Tappet Plate

Systema Steel Gears

Systema M120 Spring

Guarder Steel Barings

Guarder Piston Head

Guarder Cylinder

Guarder Piston

Systema Magnum Motor

14AWG Wiring

Extreme Fire Chetah MOSFET

7.4v Li-Po (may go 11.1v soon)

6.03mm 247mm Inner Barrel (may go 6.01mm soon)

Guarder Clear Hop Bucking & Nub

Pretty Decent Shim Job

External -

New Edition Black Body

G&P Metal Upper Reciver with custom left RIS

Powerful Green Laser w/pressure switch

TM Red Dot Sight

Surefire 6v Flashlight w/button

Gemtech Short Flash Hider

SG P90 Chest Sling

Got bloody exellent range, brillaint accuracy (bout a 1.5" - 2.5" spread) at about 40meters, fires around 27 - 30RPS (need to check again).

I love my P90 think its exellent, had it for around 3-4 years now and wouldnt trade it for the world.

I use the Blackhawk Assault Vest from Stargate Atlantis to fit my P90 mags, holds 6 - 8 mags and simple reloading.

At the minute i use the 300rd hi-caps but soon ill switch to 4 midcaps and 2 hicaps.

I do love P90's also, been my main skirmish gun since 04ish

Fitted mine with

Externally

• GB-Tech reciever (wasn't all that impressed with the build quality tbh, magwell is alot tighter then the standard TM upper)
  • GB-Tech QD Silencer
  • Carom Shot RIS mount/ First Factory RIS mount (change them out depending on RDS used as they both have different heights)
  • ACM Aimpoint Micro copy (usually)

On the inside:

• Area 1000 Piston Head
  • Guarder polycarbonate piston
  • Systema oiless bushings
  • Guarder renforced Tappet Plate
  • Systema M100 Irregular-Pitch Spring
  • Systema Oilless Bushings

I have a KS P90 TR. I originally purchased it because I didn't want to carry a full size battle rifle when I am not going to be shooting a lot in the current role I am in.

P90 was a good choice, reliable, quiet, short, accurate, relatively hardhitting for its size.

It is short, and for my arms it is too short. I am 5'11"

It has a few simple upgrades:

- P90 nozzle

- tappet (I broke mine)

- M130

- G&P M160 motor

- aluminium piston

- Hop rubber.

Nothing else has really changed on it, still the same gears, cylinder, piston head, bushings, wiring, contacts.

I am still using the 9.6v 1100mah stock batteries on it also. Fires over 1000 rounds before I change out, and since I am on locaps anyways, chances I go through 1000 rounds is slim.

But yeah I would switch between this and my Mini UZI. CO2 Gas is expensive but power is high and recoil is good, and P90 accuracy is better than the Mini UZI.

The primary issue I had is RSI, when you have the P90 on the shoulder aiming down, the wrist is in a strange uncomfortable angle especially if you are running around for 4-5hrs with very little shooting.

The only other option is a Type97B but its profile is a lot larger than the P90, and so is the weight, the balance is bad also.

I like mine, but I have to say that the reloading is awkward. Pulling back the tabs and pulling the mag up with the same hand just seems less fluid than using an M4 with Magpuls. Additionally, mag pouches are hard to find and expensive. However, it's absolutely tiny and makes navigating CQB a breeze. There's no worrying about hitting your barrel against anything and it's extremely comfortable and light to hold even for long periods of time.

Mag reloads are quick.

Tilt 45* right

Release mag catch

Pull mag up and out and throw out to the right.

Tilt upright

Take mag from mag pouch (Mines on the chest in a Rhodesian Chest Rig)

Insert Mag into P90

Slap magazine down.

Cock weapon.

Its pretty quick, whole thing takes No more than 3 seconds.

I have it down to about 5 but that includes holding the empty with the right hand finger tips (through grip) rather than dumping the empty.

I must live in a pouch friendly zone. I have the guarder thigh rig & the viper for molle. Which is also on a thigh platform as I found chest mounting didn't work for me.

Greg.

seems there is lots of love.

so has anyone rubberised the whole body? like the but pad, and the

stock on the jg aks. im looking for some spray paint/rubber, if anyone has

any ideas.

i figured out the piston head issue, so ill upgrade if the boy still wants it.

like the but pad, and the

stock on the jg aks. im looking for some spray paint/rubber, if anyone has

any ideas.

Yeah, google 'Hydrographics' & give John Sykes (mngr) a ring as they will do it.

As said, very good finish. No idea on cost but I think they said additional £15 over the cost to do the hardwoods green thing.

Worth a try.

One tip is to just send him the bits, not the whole gun, as this keeps the cost down.

Greg.

I picked up my TMP90TR 2 years ago when we use to play CQB games and I loved it. It the only gun I own that is COMPLETELY stock internally, except for a tightbore. I love how compact it is and it's great for tight situations. Since it is so compact there have been times when I've had to fire it with my left (non dominant) hand and it felt just as natural as firing it right handed. I've never had a problem with the hicaps not feeding (when properly lubed) and the chest rig I bought http://www.optactical.com/noname34.html before I even owned a P90, fits the mags perfectly. Nowadays, my P90 has been reduced to a backup role, but there has been times when I had to go back to it when my primary went down.

I picked up my TMP90TR 2 years ago when we use to play CQB games and I loved it. It the only gun I own that is COMPLETELY stock internally, except for a tightbore. I love how compact it is and it's great for tight situations. Since it is so compact there have been times when I've had to fire it with my left (non dominant) hand and it felt just as natural as firing it right handed. I've never had a problem with the hicaps not feeding (when properly lubed) and the chest rig I bought http://www.optactical.com/noname34.html before I even owned a P90, fits the mags perfectly. Nowadays, my P90 has been reduced to a backup role, but there has been times when I had to go back to it when my primary went down.

If I had to pick one thing I wish they would change, it would be to put the winder on the hicap mags on the top side, so when the mag is loaded it can be rewound without having to remove it. Alot of people I know who have one would agree.

I like mine, but I have to say that the reloading is awkward. Pulling back the tabs and pulling the mag up with the same hand just seems less fluid than using an M4 with Magpuls.

Although the methods are different, the philosophy behind the F2000 and the P90 are the same.

The idea is that you MUST use a hand to physically remove the mag so that same hand might as well be used to operate the mag release as well.

I guess if you allow your empty M16 mags drop on the floor while holding a new mag with your left hand then the motion is a bit simpler but you still need to retrieve your used mag afterwards.

I gotta say, I think the whole "reloading" thing is over-rated in airsoft.

I think I can honestly say that I've never once been shot because I couldn't change mags quick enough.

I tend to reload my mag whenever there's a quiet moment but, even in a firefight, it's better to duck into cover, reload calmly and rejoin the fight rather than attempting a fast reload.

Finally, don't forget that the P90 is actually a PDW rather than an assault rifle so it's a little unfair to criticise it for not having the same functionality in that role.

I must say, there's something unique, in airsoft, in the way you can shoot a hicap mag and watch your ammo level drop by looking at the mag.

In that sense, it's the most realistic gun out there.

I do find myself firing long bursts just so I can watch the number of BBs dwindle away. :D

Yeah, google 'Hydrographics' & give John Sykes (mngr) a ring as they will do it.

As said, very good finish. No idea on cost but I think they said additional £15 over the cost to do the hardwoods green thing.

Immersion Coating

Application of all Realtree® camouflage patterns to rifles, shotguns and sporting goods by the immersion coating process. This allows us to completely cover many complex 3D objects with highly detailed images.

Application of decorative patterns such as carbon fibre

Carbon fibre coated P90... that would be quite badass :wide-eyed:

They can do a lot more than that.

It's not on the webby, but basically if an image can be down loaded, they can get it put on a screen & wrap just about anything.

Check out the example of the Heinz baked bean Lamberatta.

Last year, in the States, Bill Jordan (Father of Advantage & realtree camo & the Hydro process) Realtree'd a passenger train! :blink:

Greg.

The P90 was my 1st skirmishable airsoft toy I purchased. Till this day it's probably my most practical airsoft weapon. Although I've probably been heavily influenced by the M4/SCAR mania (esp M4 since it's so customisable aesthetically), I find I survive longer in games with my P90. Yes I know how it's wrong that my playability is determined by the weapon I hold.

But what I like about the P90 is the bullpup and not having to deal with a front barrel sticking out, so compact and easily maneuverable, and as a "silence able" airsoft weapon, it's simply amazing.

first aeg i ever bought and it is still going strong. I too have the box mag with a 9.6 large connected and a silencer. I know know, looks fugly and all the "other" p90 users are like "omgz, why would you do that?" It is now simply my cqb monster gun. I haven't had to change anything except for the gears and bushings (to systema of course) and I added a high speed motor too. Also put a motorized m4 hi cap on the laylax box mag so now i can spray and pray like a mother.

obviously not using this gun for t3h milsims, omgz. but other than having to replace the gears and piston once, the thing is still going strong and like everyone else says, tm hop up units are legendary.

went through a few AEG's before getting a P90 (G3A4, MC51, MP5) each one lasted around 2 months max, my first P90 lasted 4 years before I couldn't use it any more (broke my wrist in a bike accident a few years before and the unique grip put strain on the same part of my wrist) any who spotted a modded P90 on these very forums (in the sci-fi loadouts forum) got another P90 carried out the mod on the grip and the gun was from before my original one, its around 8 or 9 years old totally stock and sweet as they come :D so much so that I am looking for another one to uber upgrade. Planning on a tightbore, M100, cylinder, piston, piston head, gears, motor, Lipo and pack the body out for that silent treatment.

As for carrying the mags I'm making my own rig, not the first I've made, had one that carried 8 mags that sat in the small of my back. This one will fit on the Molle on the front of my Eagle PC (going for 6 mags on this one with a 4 mag thigh rig I made earlier)

On a slightly differant note I've heard the new silverback mids are pretty good, anyone on here got any experience of 'em?

Archived