P90, How much do you love yours?

greg

i wanted a P90 for ages. and ages.

then i eventually brought one, and i didn't like it. i was gutted. it felt uncomfortable and weird, and i didn't like how it felt to aim. im not sure why, i run about with a CAR-15, and with the stock slid in i suspect the reach is shorter than a P90. at the time i had 7 or 8 aeg's of which all the diferent mags fitted in my super cheap HK police vest. but not the P90 ones obviously. so in the end i swapped it for a CYMA AK74 i think, which by the way was my first taste of ACM, and it was amazing.

anyways, gutted i couldn't deal with the P90, but at least i tried.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love my P90 loads.. As soon as first saw them on stargate i fell in love with it but thought it was some futuristic only made for the program gun. So after a bit of googling i discovered it was indeed a real-steel weapon, up until this i had never heard of airsoft. So, bit of research later and i had a TM p90 (before the stupid VCR bill) so its not garishly painted. I dont do skirmish, i shoot it in my garden, its for my fun alone. There is something almost marmitey about the P90, you either adore it or you hate it. Me, i love it, with a passion. I would dearly love to fire a real one and not the crappy civilian version, a full fat fully automatic one.

My only dislike is the red dot scope. And also that so far only TM ammo fit in that barrel without jamming.

Mines a couple of years old now but still looks mint. Now i just want TM to make a FN F2000.

Spec of my gun.

TM P90

SystemA M120 full upgrade kit

PDI hi-accuracy barrel

Attack Pack 10.8v 1500mAh NiMH battery

MOSFET trigger (with all info from this very site)

Red dot replaced with completely over powered green laser.

TM Hi cap mag

TM new tracer unit

Few hundred quids worth there but worth it every time a BB punches straight through a can or smacks a BB into my target.

Just wish i owned a chrono for a proper energy test.

Anyway, there you go.

*******EDIT*******

924 rpm

Will do me.....

Calculated by sampling the firing for 10 seconds then multiplying by 6.

Going to clean barrel, lube gun etc then will do again...

Where these comments from yourself or other by standers? If they where from yourself, whats was the "that gun's rubbish" come from? And yes I've been thinking about getting one.

Edit:- I think am still mostly alseep, mostly.

Where these comments from yourself or other by standers? If they where from yourself, whats was the "that gun's rubbish" come from? And yes I've been thinking about getting one.

Edit:- I think am still mostly alseep, mostly.

The negative stuff was aimed at the hydrographic Hardwoods Green paint job & came from some toffee nosed kid who was obviously (unsuccessfully) practicing his 30yr old sarcasm. <_<

The comments about rof came from all his mates when I opened fire. :lol:

This was the gun that I did a mini review on, in the tec-sec. If you want all the details, dig it up with a search. I can recommend it out of the box, or as a base for a project, especially as the Marui is now comparatively expensive.

Having said that, the ACM, with larger (metal) bushings & part metal build, is possibly a better buy.

Greg.

Hmm wouldn't mind buying one and putting in a larger inner barrel disguised with a silencer for some marksman shots (tight bore and all that Jazz).

The Tokyo Marui is very expensive at the moment (remeber not so long ago it was on a couple of airsoft sites in the Uk as low as £135), but it still wins me over as its my first love in airsoft.

Edit:- Just did a search in the technical discussion section couldn't find anything tried "classic army P90", "P90 CA", "classic army" but couldn't find anything. Well anything by yourself that was a mini review of a P90, could be am being blind though, was it in the title the "P90"?

Hmm wouldn't mind buying one and putting in a larger inner barrel disguised with a silencer for some marksman shots (tight bore and all that Jazz).

The Tokyo Marui is very expensive at the moment (remeber not so long ago it was on a couple of airsoft sites in the Uk as low as £135), but it still wins me over as its my first love in airsoft.

Edit:- Just did a search in the technical discussion section couldn't find anything tried "classic army P90", "P90 CA", "classic army" but couldn't find anything. Well anything by yourself that was a mini review of a P90, could be am being blind though, was it in the title the "P90"?

I slapped a 300x6.03 MB in mine & @ 350fps, it's good for kills @ 60m. Can't give you a group size as I ain't got round to doing anything that scientific.

I knew P90 wouldn't 'search' so try 'sportline' or 'blue is the colour'.

Greg.

Will do, cheers. Well this is making my day in work go a hell of a lot faster. I think worthy of note is the vest guy, but havn't ordered off him for well over a year and a half (Maybe less). Any one ordered from him recently for a stargate style sling harness?

Seeing as I have lost mine, am after a new one and the P90 on that harness just looks the mutts nuts.

Edited:- BANG, found it:-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...mp;hl=sportline

Will do, cheers. Well this is making my day in work go a hell of a lot faster. I think worthy of note is the vest guy, but havn't ordered off him for well over a year and a half (Maybe less). Any one ordered from him recently for a stargate style sling harness?

Seeing as I have lost mine, am after a new one and the P90 on that harness just looks the mutts nuts.

Edited:- BANG, found it:-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...mp;hl=sportline

i have the one the vest guy makes, tbh its really uncomfortable and since i wear a chest rig it obstructs all my pouches, i recently swaped it out for the Black Hawk p90 sling, for somereason there hear impossible to find in the UK but is very comfy and more importantly doesnt obscure anything

Are we allowed to mention the copious raping of the P90 that goes on in our very own Project Suggestions sub-forum, or are the infidels who perpetrate these heinous crimes not meant to be spoken of?

:lol:

Ben.

Well I was hoping this thread would remain a collection of positive help & advice about upgrades & tricks of the trade, specific to the 90.

But,

As it has just been words of praise & joy (so far), what the heck!

Greg.

It's too small for me to hold comfortably.

Erm, no. The reach from the buut-pad to the pistol grip is actually identical to an M4 with the stock extended.

I've been saying its too short for me for ages, probably due to the fact that with the butt extender it feels a lot better. Putting a bit more effort in to explaining it I can see what the deal is, its the grip angle. The length of pull (IE distance from trigger to butt) is almost the same (though my M4 has a dboys tube on an ICS m4 for battery reasons so it works out just a teeny bit longer than normal) but when you actually put a human hand on the grip you see the wrist is in a totally different place, which puts the forearm at a more abrupt angle and puts my elbow at just the right angle to make it cramp up after a quarter hour or so.

• 3 months later...

I own a Tokyo Marui P90 TR, and absolutely love it. The gun is completely stock with a Madbull 363mm 6.03mm dia. tightbore barrel (Which extends into the mock silencer). I've used it in a few OPs, and have found no major flaws in it so far. The gearbox is virgin and will remain that way for its entire lifetime. With results from fellow TM P90 owners, who have had their's run stock almost forever, I expect mine to last a long time. The best description I can give of the TM P90 is a rock, a solid plastic grey rock.

Without any longer wait, some P90 eye candy!

Airsoft003.jpg

The CA P90 are nice, don't have any other P90 clones but for me it feels solid, make sure you get the TR version since my RD has only has a red lamp instead of a Red dot sight.

About why you should get a P90, heres the ultimate answer to the galaxies all questions

"Because SG-1 Uses them"

finally got to field my p90 again, instead of using my G3s last skirmish and i have to say i very much missed using it,

which reminds me i need to get my sniper PS90TR project going asap, that and a bucket load of mid caps!

(come one MAG where's the p90 mag box sets?)

O and someone needs to clone these mounts!!!!

PS90%20Aimpoint-Mini%20ACOG_comp.jpg

O and someone needs to clone these mounts!!!!

a block of metal? with a RIS rail ontop or scope ring glued straight on, job done.

what exactly is your plan for a sniper PS90TR?

on a different subject, what is everyones obsession with midcaps? just buy some highcaps and only load however many bb's you want into them.

also PS90 , what do you guys think? personally i dont like them, they kind of defeat the point of a p90.

on a different subject, what is everyones obsession with midcaps? just buy some highcaps and only load however many bb's you want into them.

also PS90 , what do you guys think? personally i dont like them, they kind of defeat the point of a p90.

this is a terrible idea.

using high caps as mid caps would not eliminate the bb rattle...

you would still have to wind the mag...

its much harder to judge how many rounds you are putting in a high cap...

mid caps (in my experience) feed better than high caps

this is a terrible idea.

using high caps as mid caps would not eliminate the bb rattle...

you would still have to wind the mag...

its much harder to judge how many rounds you are putting in a high cap...

mid caps (in my experience) feed better than high caps

The voice of somebody who's obviously never used a P90.

I'm getting sick of people talking sh*te.

Warning points inbound. :waggle:

Archived