Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, DOLCE, right now, I don't actually have any grip on it, but that's a good idea to put one on farther forward. The picture with all the gear on was my latest "full" Ranger style kit, but I'm still working on it a lot. I'm getting an MBAV as the rig, a 100rd SAW pouch to add to the pouches, and some more tweaking here and there. What brownish tan stuff are you talking about?

-Mike

@PK: I got my TCI Lib 2's made with a bowman connector which just slips into the top of the PRR.........and then it was stolen <_<

but yeah TCI can connect the right adapter. perhaps they can whip you up a wire that connects to the sordin and the PRR

i.e

PRR <-----connection wire with adapters each side---->Sordins?

*does that make sense?*

im not so sure bout this, though...but dont they use icom radios as their prr? if yes, those msa sordins they receive will usually come with 2 types of connectors. one for icom and one for the prc148/mbitr. if their msa sordin is dual comm, they will receive 3 connectors. 2 will be for prc148 and 1 will be for icom. hope that helps.

Tada! I made some changes from the original pouch layout design, but it's all for the better. For example, in its original placement, the radio antenna hit my arm when I went to aim, so I moved it to the left. The MBAV didn't come with sewn in soft armor, and I don't really wanna drop hundreds on armor that won't be useful to me, so I cut up an old sleeping mat and it worked surprisingly well. "Soft armor" in the front and back plate carriers, and the cummerbund. I also made fake side plates, but I decided to buy some cheap repros instead. Here are some pictures of it all together.

34zbxjs.jpg

2j5igwj.jpg

2rmqlmu.jpg

xfzq09.jpg

2qvzkba.jpg

Still need the RLCS shoulder pads for it.

-Mike

I have my PTT on the same location on my RRV and I dont have any troubble when shouldering my M4 on the left side. however it gets troublesome to transmitt while having my M4 shouldered, but not impossible.

I once had my PTT further down on the chest, but it just got in the way of the other pockets and I didnt feel comfortable with having to search for it on my chest. So having the PPT where Zaitsev has its a pretty good place.

/Thomas

I just moved around some pouches and I like the setup a lot better. The MBITR pouch was on the left side because I thought the antenna would interfere with shouldering a weapon without chicken winging if it were on the right, but it's fine. Also rolled up the hydro and secured it with 550 cord.

On the way: Ranger green CIRAS shoulder pads and a smaller camelbak reservoir (70oz) that will fit in the rolled hydro carrier.

30hsgly.jpg

backrolled.jpg

wqtz5c.jpg

-Mike

Maybe I was too subtle last time, so I'll say it again; PLEASE PUT SOME SORT OF SPACE BETWEEN IMG TAGS.

Eventually I will post pictures of my entire kit, but it probably won't be for a while, because I need warmer weather to paint my helmet the camo; right now it's older Ranger style: rustoleum 1917, Rhino mount, velcro on top and back. I'm also waiting on an Opscore H-Nape Retention System (helmet strap). My comms setup is a Peltor ComTac II headset hooked to a U94 PTT repro and at the moment, a Motorola GP68 radio.

Thanks,

-Mike

Archived