Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like MSA Paraclete attached to a SOHPC. It appears that the hydro pouch has been folded at the bottom to maintain short height.

Scratch that, MSA Paraclete Hydro Pouch has the velcro on the inside. I've seen that pouch somewhere though, now it's going to bug me till I figure it out.

And I'm sure it makes sense for BHI to make a hydration carrier that has no relation to their hydration category on their website, also make it designed for their specific hydration bladder that doesn't exist on their site (or at least it's not in their hydration reservoir category).

But yeah, that looks like it, and I like the size and shape.

Just a note, there is no rule that says you cannot paint your weapon. Alot of people went away from it because it can damage the weapons especially when removing it as it removes the outer coating of the weapon which protects it(so ive been told) Its probably a company level sop. Myself like many young rangers go by the "if it causes more attention to be drawn toward me i dont want it."

That hydro pack, comes issued in the RLCS. It has two long flaps to to weave into the MOLLE. In that picture he has rolled the bottom of the carrier up and that makes it look funny. He rolled it up because if you leave it normal it hangs off the back of your vest and as my "team leader" said you look like a turtle. I hope that helps, but has anyone considered it may have come from allied industries?

Also im not sure if its still issued, the new rlcs had an rbav with built in carrier.(I have the old issue minus the plate carrier.)

"if it causes more attention to be drawn toward me i dont want it."

What he means to say here guys is.... when they are looking for a detail to paint the day room or the hallways or crappers or heaven forbid the friggin rocks that line the sidewalks between barracks buildings he does not want the following conversation to happen.....

1st Sgt: Sgt Bradley, we need to paint that day room, the old paint is peeling, do you have any suggestions for who to put on the detail?

Sgt. Bradley: Sure thing Top, Dolce and his battle buddy love to paint, just look at their weapons.

That hydro pack, comes issued in the RLCS. It has two long flaps to to weave into the MOLLE. In that picture he has rolled the bottom of the carrier up and that makes it look funny. He rolled it up because if you leave it normal it hangs off the back of your vest and as my "team leader" said you look like a turtle. I hope that helps, but has anyone considered it may have come from allied industries?

Isnt the RLCS hydro the Eagle Industries style one that has the two buckles up at the top, and no velcro flap like that?

Allied Industries isnt really known to make any hydro carriers aside from MAP packs.

Isnt the RLCS hydro the Eagle Industries style one that has the two buckles up at the top, and no velcro flap like that?

Allied Industries isnt really known to make any hydro carriers aside from MAP packs.

That's what I thought, as the pics I've seen featuring RG hydro carriers are either the MAP or hydro carriers; with the occassional charge pouch mounted as well (but whether this is being used for hydro I couldn't tell). There is a pic of what looks like the larger BHI one being used, again in OD; and the pics that have emerged which fit the same timeline feature a mixture of black and khaki pouches being used in addition to the normal RG kit.

If you look closely at the pic I think that there is a slight difference in the colour of the hydro carrier and the plate carrier which is what made me think of the BHI STRIKE Hydration Carrier Short/Wide, and the number of PALS rows on the back and the design of the flap which is identical to the BHI ones.

Besides that, I'm with Sgt. Kinnaird, I've never seen any hint that Allied have made anything other than the MAP when it comes to a hydro carrier.

I've been working on a Ranger impression for a while now. This is what it looked like late October (09). It's all real gear, but it had a long way to go to becoming more accurate.

aimingr.png

I'm putting together a new rig and refining a lot. These are the pouches I have now, and I plan to be using an MBAV.

2coppo2.jpg

Before I make a new rig, I like to sketch it out to see how it will look/function. These are the sketches I've done for this rig. As you can see, I'm still missing the canteen pouch, but I don't think I'll have any problems.

newrig.jpgnewrigback.jpg

-Mike

Does anybody have any recent pictures of the RRV in use? I haven't seen any since the one with the guy n the rooftop.

Which pic are you refering to? I can't recall seeing any RRVs in the recent pics that have surfaced from Afghanistan. I've two pics taken in the States from a training exercise last year I believe which feature someone wearing an RRV, if these are any good.

Which pic are you refering to? I can't recall seeing any RRVs in the recent pics that have surfaced from Afghanistan. I've two pics taken in the States from a training exercise last year I believe which feature someone wearing an RRV, if these are any good.

This one. He has an RRV+ RBSS back panel+ cummerbund.

post-53030-1263053489_thumb.jpg

Archived