Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A former Ranger told me Mar.

Fair enough, I can't really dispute that! :P

In the Mk.I Ranger thread I believe someone confirmed the Land CIRAS was in the RLCS kit, but has now been replaced by the RBAV?

Anyhow, currently waiting for some stuff to arrive...I may actually finally be able to begin my Ranger impression.

AFAIK the recently deployed Rangers in A-stan has been using Eagle Plate Carrier w/Cumberbund. Before that it was RRV+Backplate+Cumberbund. That's what has been seen on most pictures from the sandbox.

As far as pouches there's a bit of mixing it seems like. Plenty of diffrent utility pouches and IFAK pouches.

But a "safe" bet is:

-3 magpouches

-Radio pouch

-Canteen pouch

-Utility pouch

-IFAK pouch

Then an MAP backpack which seems pretty common for modern Rangers. I bet there are people that knows a lot more than I do so perhaps they can add a few tips.

Got my Pantac RG gear today. Picked it up in a 2nd hand sale, so there's a few bits that I don't want, and obviously more stuff to add.

There's also certainly a lot of colour variation, but it's definitely not too similar OG as I feared the repro stuff would be.

pantacrg.jpg

Crotmate:

the RLCS radio pouch doesnt have that elastic band going across, instead it has a "ear" flap on the side so you can reach the push to talk button.

the frag pouches has their buckles upside down, so instead of closing it upwards like the ones on the picture you acre closing it downwards.

Rangers are a light infantry unit based in small unit tactics. The troopers assigned to a Ranger battalion wear whatever their platoon SOP is as far as gear. Their selection ranges from what is included in the RLCS kit bag that is recieved on initial issue upon assignment to the unit.

Rangers are a unit that changes and modernizes their gear when somthing better is obtainable and can replace the current gear. The RLCS that you were first familar with contained, rbss plate carrier, cummerbund, ciras vest (land), rhodesian recon vest. It also contain bits and pieces suspenders belts and etc.

The new RLCS kit contains but is not limited to, rbav, plate carrier with built in cummerbund, rhodesian recon vest, and teh same various pouchs and nick nacks. Depending on unit, and when you entered the Regiment you will recieve one of the two.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice carrier. I use one myself, albeit in small, and have no complaints.

The one problem with it, aside from it not being in the RLCS kit, is that the shoulder pads are comparatively bulky when compared to other low profile carriers, such as the PACA. I have no problems running the LVAC under a Chicom, but you might find it a bit more cumbersome if using it under an RRV or similar rig with padded shoulder straps.

Again, we seem to be on opposite sides of the scale in regards to build, so your mileage may vary.

Archived