Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this.

574942_407576979264237_100000358151366_1274429_1752294835_n.jpg

...just kidding, this is me at an operation I attended this past weekend. Pretty much the same kit as my previous photos- but since I was acting as PL, I ran an MBITR rather than my PRR

--Nick

Just a little shot from today, slowly getting there. Working on the helmet at the moment, its a real ACH so I forked out a decent amount for it thats why its lacking in gucci kit. But I aim to have comms by the end of this month and a full transfer to eagle pouches, off topic a little but dont touch tmc pouches with a barge pole, the bungee cords break like paper which resulted in me losing two mags at Sennybridge FIBUA >.< the vest itself though is fairly good. All of the molle is in spec etc, etc and has withstood me being dragged a good 20 meteres across tarmac at said FIBUA site. Im sure I could do a kit list but I dont really think its appropriate giving its nothing too special.

271.jpg

Just a little shot from today, slowly getting there. Working on the helmet at the moment, its a real ACH so I forked out a decent amount for it thats why its lacking in gucci kit. But I aim to have comms by the end of this month and a full transfer to eagle pouches, off topic a little but dont touch tmc pouches with a barge pole, the bungee cords break like paper which resulted in me losing two mags at Sennybridge FIBUA >.< the vest itself though is fairly good. All of the molle is in spec etc, etc and has withstood me being dragged a good 20 meteres across tarmac at said FIBUA site. Im sure I could do a kit list but I dont really think its appropriate giving its nothing too special.

271.jpg

What kind of rail system is that? At first I thought it was a standard KAC rail, but then there is no front sight and it looks too long for a 7 inch KAC rail. It couldn't be a DD RIS II because the colour and barrel nut. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I thought that was a real ranger pic... lol nice job man, you did a pretty good impression :)

Its just a standard URX II dude, there is a built in front sight its just I have it down as I find it obstructs the view down my optics too much

Here is an old shot of it here, and when I mean old I mean over a year old: P110211_154111.jpg

And some other shots throughout that same day;

558601_10151667266555697_887835696_23828614_1645115741_n.jpg292601_10151667270015697_887835696_23828642_330150121_n.jpg546310_10151667266395697_887835696_23828612_59836824_n.jpg

380223_10151667265995697_887835696_23828609_2023505978_n.jpg

Fin :)

In the 2012 SOCOM factbook there are two pictures of rangers, and both have tan Opscore helmets.

The so-calles Ranger is actually a SF instructor.

Have Rangers started getting ops-core helmets?

Yep, Ranger bats are starting to get FAST lids.

Some of them buy their own helmets.

Personnal purchases is not really the way the Rangers go.

Chain:

What is your NOD setup, and how much did you spend on it?

I feel like all gen 3 binocular setups will around $7K-$11K after proper mount and IR illuminator. Obviously, that's not chump change.

And how do you know this?

Saw him on others pics where he was stated as JFKSWCS instructor or 1st SWTG.

SF instructing RANGERS? lol............... to be continued

Where did you read that? We are talking about a pic in the 2012 SOCOM factbook, nothing about someone instructing rangers. ;)

Picture from sunday...

My I ask why did You actually cover Your faces on that picture ? ;) I see this often on airsoft forums and I have to say it's quite.... strange.

Of course I'm familiar with this habit, but I see logic in this only when pictures of real units are considered...

Nice loadouts on the other hand.

My I ask why did You actually cover Your faces on that picture ? ;) I see this often on airsoft forums and I have to say it's quite.... strange.

Of course I'm familiar with this habit, but I see logic in this only when pictures of real units are considered...

Nice loadouts on the other hand.

There is no need that everyone on the street will talk about me and activities. Especially if you serve in other countries armed forces :)

img_1006n1zw22qtd48.jpg

Chain:

What is your NOD setup?

I'm running AVS-9 mounted in:

Mount:

-HGU-56 Flight Helmet Mount

-USGI ANVIS Ground Adapter

-Back plate from a rhino arm

-Rhino Plate

With a Low Profile Battery Pack riding in the counterweight pouch on the back inside my Helmet Cover's counterweight pouch.

On the front of my NOD, I run modified butler creek scope covers that act as both daylight covers and sacrificial lenses, because they have a thick piece of Lexan on the inside- I've taken BB hits directly on the Lexan and they've bounced right off.

DSC00653.jpg

For sake of humility- I do not share how much I paid for my stuff with anyone, outside of a very small circle of trusted friends, let alone on a public forum... I feel like anyone who does is just trying to make them seem more impressive than they actually are, and therefore don’t deserve any respect.

--Nick

Saw this on millitaryphotos.net. Said to be 3/75 Ranger turned JTAC dropping bombs in Afghanistan. Not technically right for this thread but still cool haha

[media=]

[/media]

EDIT: Skip ahead to 5:36 to see Rangers inserting from Little Birds and fast roping.

EDIT 2.0: Why didn't that one show up like the first?

Archived