The Mechwarrior thread

WhutJP

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MechWarrior reboot confirmed

By James Orry - 09/07/2009 - 11:31am GMT

In development for PC and Xbox 360.

IGN reports that a new MechWarrior game is in development, only it won't be MechWarrior 5, but a franchise reboot simply titled MechWarrior.

The game's in production at Smith and Tinker and Piranha games - back in 2007 Smith and Tinker, co-founded by FASA co-founder Jordan Weisman, acquired many of the FASA properties from Microsoft, including MechWarrior. For those unaware of the MechWarrior history, FASA created the BattleTech universe within which MechWarrior is set.

The MechWarrior reboot is set on the planet Deshler in the year 3015 and sees players take on the role of Adrian Khol, a nobleman who prefers to party than focus on his training and studies. However, when House Kurita (the ruling family of the fearsome Draconis Combine) launches a massive invasion to conquer Deshler, resulting in the death of his entire family, Khol jumps into a Mech to fight back.

While the game is currently without a publisher, a full single-player campaign, a four-player co-op campaign and a full multiplayer experience is planned.

MechWarrior is being developed for PC and Xbox 360.

http://forums.sarna.net/wiki/Deshler

From BattleTechWiki, Deshler was held by FedSuns till 3030 when it was conquered by the Drac Combine who've owned it till 3062.

Personally MW2 has always been my most loved of all the MW franchise games. The music, the music was just gorgeous, especially when you think about the fact that it was 1995.

The MechWarrior reboot is set on the planet Kentares IV in the year 3063 and sees players take on the role of Ian Dresari, a nobleman who had just returned from the war against the clans. However, when House Steiner (the ruling family of the fearsome Lyran Alliance) launches a massive invasion to conquer Kentares IV, resulting in the death of his entire family, Dresari jumps into a Mech to fight back.

Fixed. I can't help but think we've played this before.

Fixed. I can't help but think we've played this before.

What I said.

Despite that, especially with the 4-player co-op, this makes me feel like I ought to rock out with my Stormcrow out.

@Punky: If you still have the original MW2 discs, they will run just fine in any modern CD player, so long as you skip the first track. Every track after the first is music from the game. :D

@Punky: If you still have the original MW2 discs, they will run just fine in any modern CD player, so long as you skip the first track. Every track after the first is music from the game. :D

I know. I have the CD actually but they're in another country. Nevermind. I'm buying another set of MW2 PC CDs off ebay for a couple of quid. I'm going to play the soundtrack the whole night till I fall asleep.

Yeah. Me too. Also, that track made me goosebumpy.

So I'll see your MW2, and raise you MW2: Mercs

Ryoken sounds better.

I like my MW2 more :D

I pray that you have sired all the freebirth spawn you desire... for no man has walked away from a Circle of Equals with Punky with his manhood intact!

Good thing I don't have to worry about that, Trashborn.

Hm. maybe we should stop before this gets out of hand and the thread gets closed.

Archived