The Mechwarrior thread

WhutJP

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean Marauder IIC, right? The better, assault class version of the Marauder.

The Marauder IIC is Clan. Any 'Mech with the -IIC designation is basically a Clan version of an IS 'Mech (because the Clans took some of the old things with them when they left and updated them as they went). The Marauder II is an Assault-class version of the Marauder. In the setting of the game, the Marauder II would be practically brand new, having been introduced only three years before the events of the game.

You choose those and you call yourself a clanner?

The correct IS mech for you to choose is the Orion, personal mech of Kerensky himself.

But I am not Alexander Kerensky. And he, in his wisdom, would have recognized the folly of having an entire army arrayed in the exact same BattleMech. :P (And I'm quite certain that Nicholas Kerensky chose a different 'Mech, entirely.)

Duh. I know that. That's why I called it better. Assault class doesn't make it better, being clan does.

I actually prefer heavies. Firepower without being a turret.

btw, Marauder IIC is an 85 ton assault mech. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder_IIC

I know that, too.

I actually prefer Medium-class BattleOmniMechs. Light enough that you have to make some compromises but heavy enough to still get enough armor and weapons that they can pack a punch and enough armor to take the hits they cannot dodge but enough speed to dodge the hits they cannot take.

The Stormcrow is my 'Mech of choice, especially Variants B and C. But I also have soft spots for both the Mad and the Cat and the Timber Wolf and the Mad Dog and even the Gyrfalcon. (And the Kit Fox. And the Nova. And the Warhawk.)

EDIT: And the Mad Cat IV. Although it's practically identical to the Timber Wolf, it just looks (IMHO) slightly more awesome-sauce.

well, of all time, my favorite mechs are, in order:

Clan:

Masakari

Madcat

Vulture

Daishi

Thor

Loki

IS:

Zeus

Catapult

Mauler

Templar

Warhammer

Marauder

but most of those wouldnt make it to this game, unfortunately. still got the catapult and zeus though.

and here's me getting punched by an atlas

battletech-brutal-punch.jpg

ouch

-Joe

Yay! the Humpty-Dumpty...uhh Urbiemech!

Since this is 3015, there likely won't be any Uziels or Templars. The Templar was first fielded around 3060, the Uziel even later.

This will be all about Warhammers, Marauders (3D, of course), Battlemasters, Awesomes, Riflemans, Phoenix Hawks, Shadow Hawks... :wub:

Not too much wrong with that except that IS weapons weigh too damn much. 11 tons for a LRM 20 + ammo? Yeesh.

Oh ######. I just remembered. Ultra Autocannons were Lostech in the Inner Sphere until 3057 *cries*

As for Clan light 'Mechs, what about the Adder (Puma)? Dual ERPPCs on a 35 ton chassis. Neat.

I'm crying with tears of joy right now.

I just...I played MW:4MERCS with the expansion packs up until I found airsofting...I've been...I just...

Just don't know what to say....JOY!

Now I need to start plotting out the new machine to play this on......

Timberwolfs and Madcats MK2's for me....

Sigh...Mechwarrior....sigh.....

Archived