Madbull Chrono...suspicious

galactica

So if one wanted to buy a chrono for home testing/gun building, etc., the best one to buy is the Skan?

Ben.

Yes.

Thus far, this has pretty much been missed by the Airsoft industry. The options specifically advertised for softers are basically poo.

The Skan is not a hand held device, but runs on 12V. It comes with a mains to 12v tranny so can be used off mains or any 12v source, such as a car (or smaller, motorcycle) battery. I think this is probably (along with the price), why Airsoft has not embraced it; it wont fit in a pouch or your pocket. :D

Most Airguners have been aware of the Skan for over 25 years. It IS, "The Chrono".

I am amazed that most, if not all, airsoft sites don't have a Skan. It would have made sence if UKARA (or whatever) had made it a requirement of compliance, like the insurance.

Mind you, Mike Childs (the inventer/producer) is notoriously NOT into advertising. He kind of has a wonderfully smug aproach to anything he makes: "If you want it, then let me know, I might sell ya one,,,,,,,,, if not, more fool you". :D Wonderfully principled & increadibly product confident. Not something you see in this day & age. I love it.

Greg.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

outdoors, in natural light, my G36 with prommy barrel and SP110 chronos at 357-or-so on my newly bought madbull chrono(black). Which seems low to me....20-30 FPS low infact :rolleyes: . I think ill do some tests in different lighting conditions to see the variations this week.

We had issues with our club's madbull chrono where everyones gun, it didnt matter if it was an upgraded DMR like mine or a stock TM or a stock JG, all chronoed between 260 and 280. Its wasnt that we had the weight set incorrectly either. I think these chronos are funky in general.

We have one of the Madbulls as a common chrono. I found that temperature and lighting DO effect the reading a lot. For instance last winter my Systema M100 spring fitted G36C read 240fps in the chrono, outdoors. The second time I chronoed it indoors it read 350fps, which is spot on. Outdoors in summer it was about 320fps again. I like it a lot more than the Guarder one though, which is very cheaply made and has pretty poor options.

I chrono'd my new sniper rifle today, outside, in full daylight.

It was a Madbull chrono, the blue one.

It read well above where I thought it should.

Anyone have any experiences with them reading high?

Ben.

yes, a good 40 fps high. two other chrono had the gun at 320fps give or take and the blue madbull at 367

Or as high as 330 FPS :lol:

My question is - If the Madbull chronos can read either high or low, what's the point? They're obviously not accurate.

If it was just low, fair enough, add 30 FPS on. But low and high? How are you supposed to tell?

Does Madbull have anything to say about this?

I was going to buy one of these as well - the one at my local site is well built, looks cool, and has all the features.

Ben.

i did some shooting today and here are my results.. i didnt set the chrono to any modes other than 1. FPS as i was only looking for consistency of readings.

all readings were taken from my G36 with sp110 and prom tightbore

the parenthesis indicate multiple readings

madbull .25 bio BBs

indoors

-328 (x3)

Outdoors

-302 (x2)

Oddly enough my g36 was chrono'ing areound 360-370 just last saturday with the same madbull chrono...

Then, just for fun, i tried running a few madbull .40s through my g36 the results were...kind of odd. Much more consistent than the .25s

-246.5 (x6!)

Correct me if im wrong but the .40 readings prove that my rifle is fairly consistent(not counting the x6 multiple reading) and that variance of the .25 readings is either the fault of the chrono, BBs, or a combination of both.

i dont really know what conclusions can be drawn from these results but, information is always useful right? :)

As a site, we purchased three Madbull chronos as we expected that at their high price they would be accurate! Also they were easy for marshals to carry for doing spot checks.

Now if they have been shown to be inaccurate shouldn't Madbull recall them or exchange them?

What other makes which are practical to carry would be a suitable replacement?

A 12 volt Skan isn't pocket friendly.

Oh yeah. One more nail in the madbull coffin. The black Gen 2 my team uses doesn't like black BBs at all. It would fail to read it at all, more often than not on my rifle...

This isn't uncommon in quite a few Chronies I have used. Not sure if it can really be considered a problem with Madbull's.

As a site, we purchased three Madbull chronos as we expected that at their high price they would be accurate! Also they were easy for marshals to carry for doing spot checks.

Now if they have been shown to be inaccurate shouldn't Madbull recall them or exchange them?

What other makes which are practical to carry would be a suitable replacement?

A 12 volt Skan isn't pocket friendly.

combros are cheap, tiny and good. Maybe have a Skan as

master and use combro in the field when they've been checked against the Skan?

combros are cheap, tiny and good. Maybe have a Skan as

master and use combro in the field when they've been checked against the Skan?

Nah, we had those when the first came out. The drawback with them is players love to test out their latest upgrades, but invariably managed to shoot the sensors in the Combos.

Not as bad as the twat that shot out the LCD display on a Chrono F1 because that is what he thought he had to aim at...........

This isn't uncommon in quite a few Chronies I have used. Not sure if it can really be considered a problem with Madbull's.

I suppose it may be a more common problem than I'd like to admit. I'll be buying one of the shooting chrony for my persona use though. Inconvenient to set up perhaps, but I've always had very good, CONSISTENT results while using them...

I've known Madbull chronos to be inconsistently inaccurate since they first came out. I even told a few people not to buy them but they did anyways.

The problem is people will go with a known brand like Madbull, a brand that spends money for marketing, rather then buying an Xcortech off ebay.

This is MadBull.

One of the reader, Mr. Ben, told me that players have problem with Chrono.

First, we don't have any problem so far with the version 1 Chrono.

We did receive some complaints about ver. 2 but didn't have a chance to check out a defective one yet.

I consulted with our engineers already.

1st, the chrono sensors are highly sensitive. Clean sensor frequently is a must.

2nd, the version 2 chrono can use USB as the power. However, the USB voltage may not be stable.

Trying to use a Duracell 9V battery can see if the problem can be solved.

3rd, low-end or defective battery will cause the problem. Try to use a good one.

Most of the time, try clean the sensor and change can solve the problem.

I will personally start a investigation on this case. Like we promise, we want to know the problem and we want to help to you solve the problem.

You can contact to me (simon@madbullairsoft.com) directly if you keep have problem with the chrono. We really want to check a defective one and figure out what we did wrong.

Thanks

Simon

• 2 months later...

Archived