@frogfish: thank you for the link.

Sounds like a very complicated mod to do without access to equipment.

I wonder if anyone else has sucessfully installed an ASAP plate without installing milspec buffer tube.

Talking bout ASAP plate, ehobby madea custom M4 with all magpul parts in

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/eac-kjw-m4-moe-magpul-custom-gbb-olive-drab.html

they manage to instal the ASAP plate, but not sure how they do it. Maybe the real steel ones fit?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I've emailed them about this before when I first saw their Magpul KJW, but they never replied back to me. I switched to a UBR for my main KJW M4 so there really wasn't a need for me to try to see if I could get one to fit on there. If I ever switch back to a CTR (which I'm thinking about doing), I'll see if I can attempt to do this. My gut feeling is that most likely this will require a lot of modification to fit.

Alright, I thought you needed to lube them more than that. Could you PM a list of your old and new upgrades for the KJW M4 with descriptions, please?

So, I heard Echo 1 and KSC BBs are the best for the KJW M4. I don't think I am overthinking it since I want to get the best accuracy out of it and for that I need to have the highest quality, most accurate BBs.

Has anyone here tried Echo 1 or KSC BBs in their gun and is there such thing as Echo 1 0.30g BBs?

the best BBs ive found for my gun r the Tokyo marui precision hit 0.28. they're expensive at 10$ for 500 rounds. but they are the most consistent. But unfortunately it may not work out for you cuz its a marui and made of plastic.

• Like 2

I think someone is trying to tell you to use the search feature......

@_samuel_

I think that it's a healthy thing read and re-read this tread as every one interested in the platform has done and actually does...because that way you can handle and gather priceless information not found anywhere else my friend, so take a time to read through it any time you can, it's good for you and your rifle.

Cheers and good luck!:D

Ok, I have been reading through the thread and it is pretty interesting. Hopefully, whenever I get my gun back it won't double feed as much as it was. (I hope they just replace the gun and the magazines. I think both the gun and the magazines have a few manufacturer defects because of all the problems I have had).

Is the KJW M4 military specification and how do you get the stock to stop wobbling?

Edited by _Samuel_

Ok, I have been reading through the thread and it is pretty interesting. Hopefully, whenever I get my gun back it won't double feed as much as it was. (I hope they just replace the gun and the magazines since I think it has a few manufacturer defects). :lol:

Is the KJW M4 military specification and how do you get the stock to stop wobbling?

Again, this question would not be asked if you really had taken the time to read the thread like you said you did. As said before, every single one of your questions has been answered by reading this thread.

This has been covered a few times before but...

The stock is AEG spec, i.e. any stock designed for an AEG sized buffer tube will fit well. You can add a couple of pieces of electrical tape to the stock tube to get it to be a little firmer fit. Thats a common practice for AEG users.

Alright, I got that. Would the suggestion made by sacairsoftsn00py on page 133 work? I wanted to get the stock to stop wobbling without using electrical tape.

Also, I wish the KJW M4 didn't have the hop up placed where it is since it makes it look unrealistic and why did they have to put a rubber band on there if it does nothing according to Donut? Does it perserve the parts or what?

Edited by _Samuel_

Also, I wish the KJW M4 didn't have the hop up placed where it is since it makes it look unrealistic and why did they have to put a rubber band on there if it does nothing according to Donut? Does it perserve the parts or what?

There are other GBB systems out there bud. You made the choice to get a KJW and should have known well about the hopup dial placement before your purchase. Why is it there? Its easy to adjust, unlike the WA system where you would have to remove the front handguard.

And the rubber band keeps the piston cup from stretching too far and slipping off the piston.

Alright, well I like the adjustablitiy of it, but I just wish they made it the most realistic as possible but it is practicallity in the field vs. realism and you can barely see it so I understand why they went with practicallity.

Anyways, I think the KJW M4 is the best for the price since you don't have to upgrade parts for it to be a good weapon system.

Samuel, the goal of the KJW system was not to make the most realistic GBBR, the goal was to make something skrimishable and reliable, as well as cheaper than many other options. If you thought you were buying the most realistic GBBR for the "Milsim" game you plan on playing it only shows how little research you really did into the KJW platform. If you want the most realistic GBRR possible go look at a WA based platform.

Edited by frogfish

Well, I have researched a lot and have talked to a variety of different people and everyone says the KJW M4 is the best for the price and that it is reliable and possibly the best GBBR out of the box.

I think that having a reliable platform that doesn't break down on you during the middle of a skirmish is more realistic than it looking like the real weapon and you can barely see the hop up wheel anyways.:)

Also, could you tighten the stock by using the following steps or does tape only work?

Steps:

1) Remove the retractable stock.

2) Loosen the 1.5mm hex screw.

3) Remove the buffer tube's end cap.

4) Slide off the buffer tube.

5) Tighten the brass tube.

6) Slide in the buffer tube.

7) Install and tighten the buffer tube's end cap.

8) Tighten the 1.5mm hex screw.

9) Install the retractable stock.

Edited by _Samuel_

Actually, I just discovered this problem the other day. I thought my stock was really wobbly, but it was a mix of the stock and the stock tube.

The stock tube is a sleeve over top of the spring buffer tube. The grub screw on the bottom of the stock tube had come loose, so a quick tighten removed all wobble in the stock tube.

I then added some tape and the stock wobble is gone as well.