I think you should put another 1000-2000 rounds and let everything wear in and compare results at that point. My gun has well over 30K through it by now and has been taken apart who knows how many times. I'd still not hesitate to take it out for a skirmish.

Having said that, a full auto dump is going to slow down at the end even in the best circumstances. Any gas gun will to some extent and the kjw fares the best of all of them. Given your temps I think you are getting performance that's par for the system.

I'm not unbiased about the aftermarket parts so I'll let others give objective opinions about their results.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

What are your exact temps? If youre in the 50's thats getting towards the cold side for a GBBR on full auto. You may want to fill your mags with gas and leave them somewhere warm until their temps are around 80. Then do a mag dump and see if the results are better.

At the time of my question....

1. I have put 2 mags through my gun.

2. No I did not lube my piston seal assembly.

3. Valve snapped right back.

After I read your post...

I took the gun apart this afternoon on my lunch break and seen a very dry piston seal assembly. I lubed it up with Super Lube as well as lubed the buffer tube. I wiped down all my other parts from the silicon residue that it had on it from shipping. Reassembled the gun. I checked my mags and found very snappy valves on the couple I checked. Good to go there. I loaded up a mag and gassed it up. It seems to take about 20 seconds before I stop hearing the gas transfer from the propane tank to the mag, I hope this is about right.

I instantly noticed a smoother bolt cycle with the lubed up parts. I loaded up the gun with the fresh mag and fired off a few single shots. I then switched to full auto. It fired much better, but still has some cool down lag toward the end of the mag. I think its pretty noticeable.

At this point I have gone through 4 mags and it is better but not perfect. Will the Cradle Airsoft piston head help this? Next step?

Here is a picture of my KJW M4!

182934_10150100284699051_508849050_6441016_5403353_n.jpg

181547_10150100284374051_508849050_6441009_479378_n.jpg

Hello Tye...can you tell me please where can i buy that RIS/RAS you used in your Tanio?...thanks!

j.

Guys, I've been trying to put mbus front and rear sight as to get away with the cowitness problem on the front sight, but which all of you think is a great fit gas block for the KJW m4? When I mean fit, it means no wobble whatsoever, because wobble kinds of disturb me to be honest. Thanks in advance! :)

@ gi tye

Your gas consumption problem has something to do with your floating valve.

Take out your bolt carrier and look inside the bolt cup. There should be a black metal bar going across the cup's diameter deep inside. Take it out by unscrewing it with a small flathead screwdriver. After you pull the metal bar, the float valve and its spring will fall out. The valve is a small black plastic cylinder thingy with an o ring on it.

It's probably lost its o ring or something.