H.E.R.A. GCC Glock Carbine Conversion

renegadecow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very solid. The stock has zero flex because of all the angles. But the Glock frame (dunno about KSC as this ones china) has a bit of flex, say 0.25mm at the back being the only part not anchored to the kit. You can't feel it especially if you have more than just a shirt on, but it squeaks like a 2 month old plastic Tokyo Marui M4.

Thanks guys! :)

how long did it take to make it

Took 2 weeks to build, roughly 50 hours. Half of it actually doing something and half getting my bum numb from figuring things out.

so does the rear bolt handle move when your fire it? get some vids up! :D

Non reciprocating charging handle. I'll try to get a vid of it firing on the weekend.

i noticed you said about the hollow body basically amplifying the noise of the pistol, have you thought about either expanding foam filling the cavity of a high density foam if this wont work?

I honestly had not thought about that as the only use I previously thought up for expanding foam is making 40mm grenade slugs. The body amplifies the noise mainly because there is a gap between the muzzle end of the Glock and the start of the muzzle of the kit. If I bridge that with a slightly longer inner barrel, coupled with a silencer, I'd just end up with the noise from the action which I can't eliminate much as it emanates from the ejection port.

When I saw the first 'finished' picture in post #25, I thought you'd found another picture of a real one!

Fantastic job renegadecow ;) .

I didn't think you'd get such a good finish with the paint, as the plastic in all the previous pictures has that fine 'furry' look to it, like you get with some plastics when you try to sand them.

Thanks. That furry state is from rough sanding with 80 grit; helps for gluing parts together (fur keeps the glue from spilling all over and the fibers also melt and help fill gaps). Prep for painting is a run down with 240grit then 600grit. Actual paint is 3 light coats.

Wasn't able to play last weekend due to weather so no personal vid yet, but there's a new vid of the HERA (real) at YouTube AND with a G18 installed. Beats me why cops "need" full auto Glocks though, for fun maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a makeover on mine. I was convinced to buy a cheap set of rip-off MBUSes but they were in tan(ish) so I decided to change the stock color accordingly. Couldn't find any tacticool colors except for a can of camouflage khaki I purchased which turned out to be a waste as it was far from being khaki and looked a lot more like foliage green. A new can was purchased and looked good enough for me, brown, just plain brown which looks more like a mix between coyote brown and desert tan.

Has a slight reddish tinge from the flash

100_17089.jpg

100_1711.jpg

*bandoleer is coyote brown, pouches are khaki

Looks better in natural light. It was cloudy during the shot, gets closer to desert tan when sunny

100_1717.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived