The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

Yes, if you have a normal valve you fill till it spits at you. If you have "nospill" valves then you have to hold it near your ear and listen to the change in hiss, it would get quieter when its full.

Yes, as you shoot the liquid gas evaporates into gasious gas, this takes energy from its surroundings. As you shoot, the gas gets colder. As it gets colder it looses preassure, making lower FPS and less gas efficiancy.

Cool, thank you! I appreciate that!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn it, sorry but another noob question (haven't done anything to do with airsoft for a few months), but for an m14 running at 380fps using .3g BBs should I use a hard or soft hop bucking? (and am I using the right weight BBs?)

I've been hearing mixed opinions on this as some places seem to say hard, but some say soft.

Thank god for this thread! very dumb questions....(just about to come from me I mean!!)

As an ex paintballer I was very used to easily adjusting FPS, is there a similar way on any AEG makes/models? (i.e. just a few turns of an allen key to ratchet it up and down) or is it only ever the spring that can be adjusted (dont want to get into mucking around with the hopup). If it's the spring only would most retailers adjust this for me at time of purchase to get the FPS im after ? (more a worry about having a hot gun that wont pass chrono..)

If you're buying a gun it should come from the retailer at an acceptable legal FPS level to use in the UK.

When purchasing, ask the retailer to chrono the gun and downgrade the spring if necessary - don't pay for this service, as they shouldn't be selling hot guns in the first place.

Ben.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, here's one for you. If someone in the UK wants to go to an event in Europe, can you take your own toys? If so, how do you get them on the plane? Imean, obviously not hand luggage but will they take them in the hold without screaming?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My daft question

the iron sight on the end of the m4a1 barrel, can this be removed as i will be using a red-dot so dont see the requirement for it

It all depends. Some triangular front sights are moulded on to the outer barrel, so you'd have to replace everything.

But a lot of front sights fit like R.S. ones do. You punch out the two pins on the lower legs of the sight, and undo a tiny 1.5mm hex-head set screw hiding under where the sling mount is attached, and then it slides off.

I figure this is a dumb question, but...

What is black gas, anyway? I've never realy found out exactly what the stuff is, but people keep referring to it in a very negative context.

There are several gasses i have heard refered to as black gas, but the most common is CO2.

Using Raw CO2 is silly as its liquid preassure is 850PSI compaired to green gas at 120 and dusters 80. However with a regulater, like a classic airsoft rig, or the madbull grenade fillers, you can draw vapor from the rig at a much lower preassure, like 120 for example.

Archived