How did you get in to airsoft?

tommy89

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine bought a little plastic wal-mart mini auto, which I thought was so cool! So, I bought a spring pistol, and we started having little wars. Before I knew it, we had 10 friends playing with us, and people started buying AEGs.. Now we play on private property or head over to a field about 40 minutes away, generally with about 4 of us.

A friend of mine bought a little plastic wal-mart mini auto, which I thought was so cool! So, I bought a spring pistol, and we started having little wars. Before I knew it, we had 10 friends playing with us, and people started buying AEGs.. Now we play on private property or head over to a field about 40 minutes away, generally with about 4 of us.

Correction: three.

Me? I heard about it at a party, so I did some research, and climbed my way up to a nice AEG, and soon a GBBR! :D

5 years or so ago I saw an episode of FLCL that had the main characters using airsoft guns in it. At that point I remembered way back when I was 15 or so seeing some website that was selling a fully automatic Mac-11 that shot BBs and ran on some kind of special gas.

So I got online, went searching, and eventually found an online airsoft retailer and bought a KWA M11 as well as a bunch of cheapo springers. Loved the Mac-11 to death, found my way to the Minnesota Airsoft Association board looking to see if there were other people interested in airsoft locally, collected a whole ton of high end airsoft guns for a year or so after that (and later sold them all after losing my job), and eventually got up the nerve to attend an organized skirmish.

At that point I was hooked and have attended almost every local Open Session type skirmish for the past 3 years or so. Never been to a proper Op though oddly enough. Anyhoo, airsoft is certainly my main hobby these days ^_^

A friend mine at work had come by a Tokyo Marui product catalogue and it sat in the workshop for several months getting thumbed through. Towards the end of that year I'd left the TA but still felt some strange desire to crawl through mud and shoot guns so both me and my mate decided to look into it further. That resulted in me buying my first AEG, a TM M16A2 from Rebel Troop in Reading and going for my first game at Firefight's Chazey Wood site shortly after. Soon after that I found out about Combat South which was on the former location of a paintball site I'd played at three years previously. My first game up there was six a side, things were a little smaller then! That was ten years ago and I still play whenever I can, numbers at CSW have gone up slightly since November 1999!

I found it on the internet whyle searching for my favorite gun in the computer game i was playing at the time (rainbow six 3) and found the same gun for sale on an airsoft website. I spent 4-5 months researching the sport and eventually baught an academy saty and went to electrowerkz :D.

ahh, fun times.

(The gun was the MP5k strangly as i never have owned one.)

Erm... Friends i guess. I always wanted to get an AEG when i was small. But didn't have a chance until got friends that have been playing for years but they didn't have any gear.

Can you imagine hiring guns for 7 years?? So i got my AEG after one skirmish and they got theirs after 7 years. Formed a team and played together all the time.

But now I'm the one who's most obsessed with the sport. :P I nearly got a magpul poster for my old dormitory. In fact i might get one to put in my dorm back in UK.

I came across videos of it online whilst I was looking at paintball stuff (I was interested in paintball first! I'm sorry!) Saw theses airsoft videos, and then thought, "Ahh screw paintball, this looks way better" I looked around online a bit, never found much. Never knew that there were two skirmish sites (Ground Zero Woodland and Urban) basically on my doorstep!

Then about a year later, beginning of my A Levels i met a new guy who was a skirmisher and he invited me along... Loved it the first time, bought a set of DPM clothing and such the next weekend and carried on since.

And I have skirmished alone yes, but I usually go with aforementioned friend, or, since the beginning of this year, with the team I was invited to join.

I had an airsoft stagnight. That was my first skirmish and it was 18 total newbs against the DarkAngels! We gotz da' ULTRA owned. Before that, and back in the days when this was ok, I played "Down the woods" in 3 on 3 hunt games with springers.

I went paintballing a few time at this site called Skirmish in Sherwood Forest and I decided to buy my own kit. So while I was on the internet finding out what kind of PB gun to buy I can across a site selling airsoft guns (bb guns uk). I decided to forget PB and went to a local gun store and bought a TM MP5 and HFC M9 (on store credit ;) ).

Josh

Archived