Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of pics of my KA A-4 SPC converted into a marksman rifle, and the modified upper receiver from my old Echo 1 416, Magpulized in OD and Black:

5obmnn.jpg

2n6uqfs.jpg

List:

King Arms A-4 SPC (340 USD)

Leapers Accushot 1-4x28 (94 USD)

EBB LR offset scope mount (28 USD)

Madbull Dissipator 16" barrel (45 USD)

JBU 407x6.01mm inner barrel (30 USD)

EBB flash hider (15 USD)

Magpul PTS MIAD grip OD (55 USD)

Magpul XTM panels OD and BLK x8 sets (72 USD)

Magpul magpuls BLK x10 set (20 USD)

Star green label P-mags x10 set (80 USD)

EBB Tango Down short grip (18 USD)

EBB dual QD sling swivel (15 USD)

EBB Micro T-1 Micro Aimpoint (65 USD)

Cheers!

Edited by halcon_del_sur

My Magpul M4 got a fresh coat of earth brown Alumahyde to go with the new internals and body:

IMG_20100716_082631.jpgIMG_20100716_082722.jpg

It needed a loop for a MASH hook in the front from my Gunslinger, and I didn't want to bolt a rail panel on the MOE just for a sling point:

IMG_20100716_082643.jpg

This HK loop from ACE worked nicely so I didn't have to clamp anything to my gas block.

Does the HK look sit securely on the MOE rail slot?

Yes and no. There's a nice big washer behind it (painted it black) and I used a nylock nut; but with no washer on the outside of the handguard you can only tighten it so much. With enough torque you could probably turn it and possibly move it along the slot.

It would be best to drill a hole for it, or get the longer version and bolt it through one of the MOE rail panel back plates.

From what I understand the steel version probably won't be made anymore as the manufacturing cost was kinda high leaving low profit margins. I just got the aluminum one and I love the weight. Initially I really wanted the steel one ... but mostly because that was the only version out there. I wasn't crazy about the weight. What I love about my VFC SR15 is how light it is, and I'd kinda like to keep it that way. So the aluminum one will do me just fine. These barrels are exceptionally well made.