Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has 'For training and simulation use only' on the side of it? Funny that particular trade hadn't been in any of the retailer's pictures so far... That makes me sad :(

Don´t think of it as a replica of an existing weapon, think of it as a real gun produced for proffessional simulation, based on the designs of sister product. :-) In other words, it´s not a fake Bushmaster ARC, it´s a genuine Magpul PTS Masada. Happier now?

@Alston251:

The folding stock, do you know if it locks properly in folded position or if it is like on the A&K version?

Odd, my Masada looks different :D:

ptsacr76201sm.jpg

A big thanks to Magpul PTS who supplied me with the sample and the accessories. Here are the additional sample items I will be reviewing soon (hopefully not pretentiously):

acrextras.jpg

RIS rail, AK lower, short barrel assembly.

While mine does say "Made in Hong Kong" on the side, I can tell I can scratch it off with a little effort.

Overall ... It's ... so ... awesome. :o

Don´t think of it as a replica of an existing weapon, think of it as a real gun produced for proffessional simulation, based on the designs of sister product. :-) In other words, it´s not a fake Bushmaster ARC, it´s a genuine Magpul PTS Masada. Happier now?

I know.... I'm not really *that* upset, i'd just prefer it if that particular marking wasn't on there... Still, when i get my hands on mine (end of september), i'm sure i'll forget about any of the markings due to the overall dose of awesome this thing is shaping up to be.

Does anyone know if the outer barrels, when released, will include a suitable inner barrel and hop unit to save some fiddling? I'd gladly pay the extra if that were the case.

Does anyone know if the outer barrels, when released, will include a suitable inner barrel and hop unit to save some fiddling? I'd gladly pay the extra if that were the case.

Yes. They will include everything and be a straight drop in to the gun.

Cheers for the answer - Slightly more excited now! Out of curiosity, doesn't yours already have the AK lower fitted, or am i missing something?

*edit* Ignore that question - Read 'Reviewing' as 'Receiving' unsure.gif

Edited by hwagan

@Alston251:

The folding stock, do you know if it locks properly in folded position or if it is like on the A&K version?

I'm assuming that the A&K folding stock just flops around? I've never actually held one in my hands.

Yeah, I think it does. Not 100% sure though.

I'm assuming that the A&K folding stock just flops around? I've never actually held one in my hands.

Yeah, I think it does. Not 100% sure though.

I´ve only seen reviews of it on youtube, but if you hold it on its side with the folded stock down it apparently swings down of you shake the gun gently.

Not that it is a big issue for me, but I´d prefer if it stays in place when it is folded, with some kind of solid locking mechanism.

@uscmCorps

So you got an A(not&)K version.. sweet. Now, give us pics with the RIS and short barrel attached.. please. I am bored here at work, and I´ve got an hour left..

Btw, UPS tells me mine will arrive on monday. Kind of odd looking forward to a monday on a friday.. :-)

http://a.imageshack.us/img713/5695/ptsacr76201lg.jpg

A big thanks to Magpul PTS who supplied me with the sample and the accessories. Here are the additional sample items I will be reviewing soon (hopefully not pretentiously):

http://a.imageshack.us/img251/5872/acrextras.jpg

While mine does say "Made in Hong Kong" on the side, I can tell I can scratch it off with a little effort.

Those accessories look great. I don't suppose you know if they are planning a rifle barrel do you? I wouldn't mind being able to swap from DMR looking rifle to CQB carbine in a matter of moments.

A.C.M. MBUS Gen 2

actually thats the B quality version of the ACM GEN 2 MBUS. the A quality is smaller but it has a bigger adjustment dial and a bigger Magpul logo. problem is, both versions are pretty much off.

How is the FPS going to vary with these different barrel lengths without going in to the gearbox and swapping parts? I thought you needed to change pistons cylinders to prevent performance drop when significantly changing the length of your inner barrel?

To be honest I think half the talk of cylinder size is myth - these use a full cylinder, the change is barrel length is around 4' maybe 6' tops, I can't see it being an issue.

Info on the folding stock, and any idea when they are going to release the legit model with fails and folding stock?

To be honest I think half the talk of cylinder size is myth - these use a full cylinder, the change is barrel length is around 4' maybe 6' tops, I can't see it being an issue.

I can open them up and tinker with stuff but I've never really been too good with remembering all the component names, thanks for the correction. Good to know anyway.

Any word on how long it'll take for more stock to show up once this initial batch has dis-appeared (which seems to have pretty much happened already)?

thanks, I know the normal ones doesn't fit, but the magpul kmag has a simple pmag floorplate, so the outer dimensions should be the same...I think  I'll try to borrow one kmag from somebody and check with my puches

No. It locks in place from what I recall. Can't recall how it locks exactly. How is it on the A&K? I can't imagine it flops around on that one.

@uscmCorps

So you got an A(not&)K version.. sweet. Now, give us pics with the RIS and short barrel attached.. please. I am bored here at work, and I´ve got an hour left..

Won't have time till Sunday or Monday.

I think so too.

Info on the folding stock, and any idea when they are going to release the legit model with fails and folding stock?

fails = rails? Not sure yet. I have a lot of questions myself. I wasn't expecting all these other goodies. :P

I saw these Magpul Ak mags on the top of the page, I have a lot of gen3 fastmags, the question, will these mags fit in the fastmags? 

Aren't gen3 fastmags designed for AR mags ... not AK mags. If you fastmag will fit a regular AK mag, it'll fit these mags too. Also, while I believe these mags are made by Beta Project (which from what I understand is now a sub-company of Magpul PTS), they are not the same as the beta AK mags that came out a while back. In order to work with the ACR's AK lower, the BB opening on the mag is not in the normal AK position. This isn't news to most people though, I documented all of this last year. Just didn't want people running out buying up all the Beta AK mags that won't be compatible with this gun.

Putting the AK mag into this gun is sweet. No issues getting the mag to hook in and seat properly (like with my Guarder and LCT AKs). The molding inside the AK mag well is dummy proof. The bolt release is still ambi but uses a different lever at the front of the trigger area than what is featured on the 5.56 lower. Still works great though.

So, a regular Marui compatible AK magazine won't work with the PTS ACR AK lower? That is really disappointing because I considered one of the greatest strengths of the Masada design to be versatility. However, only being able to use those specific mags is very limiting. Also, the two Beta Project mags I've seen have had 5.56x45 molded on them; which makes me wounder what the point of swapping would be since it would be the same ammunition in RS.

So, a regular Marui compatible AK magazine won't work with the PTS ACR AK lower? That is really disappointing because I considered one of the greatest strengths of the Masada design to be versatility. However, only being able to use those specific mags is very limiting. Also, the two Beta Project mags I've seen have had 5.56x45 molded on them; which makes me wounder what the point of swapping would be since it would be the same ammunition in RS.

The non-TM AK mag compatibility details have been out there for almost a year. Yeah it's not ideal. It is however the only solution they had that would allow them to continue using the same overall gun with a separately available dedicated lower receiver. To design a gun to use regular AK mags, would have required the consumer to buy an entirely different AK only Masada or possibly dedicated barrels. It is what it is.

As for why have AK style mags at all? I don't know, and don't care. I just think it looks AWESOME. But everyone's entitled to their opinion if you like it configured a certain way, go for it.

As for why have AK style mags at all? I don't know, and don't care. I just think it looks AWESOME.

totally agree , which is the very reason i bought some king arms M4 compatible AK mags for my A&K masada . ;)

Edited by druid799