G36 Picture Thread

I'll be seeing him soon. I'll check, but his gun was certainly a "C" model so I was assuming his Surefire grip was for that length. I'll take some pics if he keeps the gun at home and not at work.

surefire only makes handguard for G36K and G36.

Especially since many real guns cost close to (or even less) than their airsoft equivelents.  :)

i agree your point.

but too bad the G36KP doesn't cost close to the airsoft... :angry::angry:

Edited by 6ft4
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I thought this might be the thread for this question before I make my own about it. Is there any easy way to get an RIS rail on a CA36e carry handle? Or would I have to buy an entirely new cary handle with one integrated?

I think that n00btard has made his own by drilling a rail onto the top of the carry handle. I would try PM'ing him.

I have this in a word doc at this point, as I end up PMing it to people so often:

here's what I did: (this was done to the stock CA scoped carry handle) I used a standard G36 handguard rail, like you would buy to put on the handguard of a C or K. Next, I went to my local hardware store and bought hex screws, exactly like what come with the rails, except about 6mm longer. I also picked up some metal washers that fit those screws, which I'll explain later.

Next, I drilled a hole directly above the back end of the scope - the scope itself is in a metal shell, so as I was drilling, I went very slowly, and you can easily tell when once you've hit metal. STOP IMMEDIATELY so you don't damage the scope. Also, I have a set of drill bits designed to leave behind thread for the screws to bite, though it's not absolutely necessary. Just make sure you're using metric bits, and that the bit you use is exactly the same diameter of the screws you'll be using, and you'll be fine.

After drilling the back hole above the scope, you'll measure and drill the front hole in the handle. now, that hole will end up being about 2mm higher than the back hole. Place one or two of the metal washers over the back hole to make up the difference. Place a drop or two of locktite on each screw, and screw your rail on.

Once the locktite sets, it's pretty much permanent and very, very solid. I've done it to all my G36s, even sold one to Patsfan, and I've skirmished with them many times - the mod will take most any abuse you can throw at it - your aimpoint or whatever you mount on it will probably fall off long before the rail will.

All the G36s pictured here have the mod:

HKfamilyG3.jpg

I think that is the exact one I sold you :D The other two look exactly the same, but I also put a long rail in front of the short one, so the entire top is one long rail.

Yeah, I definitely love me some rails.

Oh, and here's some close ups of the handle mod. I hope this helps someone...

How did you do that? Did you use a regular M4 carry handle mount? I have a CA36K and I wanna do the same thing but not sure what to buy and how to do it :unsure:

Anyway here is my stock CA36K I got in a trade for the P90tr in the same pics minus the holosight :D

airsoft454.jpg

airsoft453.jpg

Airsoft451.jpg

Airsoft452.jpg

Airsoft450.jpg

How did you do that? Did you use a regular M4 carry handle mount? I have a CA36K and I wanna do the same thing but not sure what to buy and how to do it  :unsure:

Detailed instructions are just a couple posts above the pics on the page before this one - page 86, post 1707. Hope that helps.