Benefit of a GBB

Gator_Pharmer

1, Though i may get round to something like a TMP or similar machine pistol in GBB form.

2, But now sat here giving the pistols a clean, they are much better performers when clean an free of blockages.

'FireKnife'

1, MP7 am best of bunch. ;)

2, Are you cleaning your gun? :rofl:

Greg.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed.

If only there was a way to stop AEGs from firing 50 or more BBs whenever you pull the trigger. :(

Exactly. Its like I pull the trigger, and my entire hicap that Im not even using just flies all over the place. i tell you, if I werent spamming bbs at people, theres no way Id ever get any kills

Indeed.

If only there was a way to stop AEGs from firing 50 or more BBs whenever you pull the trigger. :(

Ain't it called, 'semi-auto'?

Yep with my own special lube.

Isn't it annoying though as you can never squirt out just the right amount, there is always too much or not enough.

'FireKnife'

:mellow::lol:

It's your gun, you can clean it as much as you like. ;)

Greg.

Just doing the polishing now.

It is almost clean.

But it keeps sticking when i pull back the slide, wonder why? :rolleyes:

Aww come on Greg, sarcasm. We're just pointing out that you guys are making it seem that if you use an AEG it means you can't play smart, and only get kills my firing tons of ammo

I am not, just saying it takes a different playing style to do gas guns only properly.

'FireKnife'

Its just as necessary as it is for anyone running low cap mags. Which AEGs can do. We're also fully capable of taking advantage of those same tactics you're talking about. Most airsofters use AEGs so you are more likely to see players doing stupid stuff with AEGs. But thats because there are more AEGs, not because thats how they have to be used.

None.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the appeal of recoil etc but for skirmishing I can't really see the advantage.

Although if somebody started making gbb rifles that took AEG barrels, hops and mags, and used HPA from an external source I'd be all over that like cum on a desperate for money 19 year old

Lovely analogy.

But they don't give an advantage, instead they are a disadvantage but this allows you to up your skill to combat that. I play with only GBB pistols as it gives me full manouverability and a chance to improve on getting up close to players.

Most players i find can't handle two things, knowing a sniper is firing at them from somewhere or getting up close and personal so i use that to my advantage to get stuck in and get pistol kills when the going gets tough.

'FireKnife'

The KSC/KWA MP7 (and my sidearm, the TM Five seveN) perform so well in the minimum temps I play in (usually 2-3c upwards) that i'm now getting rid of my AEGs completely. Sayonara batteries, chargers, trigger lag, cheap crappy mags, sewing machine noise and all the rest of it :)

Thats going to be my set up actually!!! I just got the FiveseveN and am currently trying to acquire as many long mags as possible for the mp7.

This thread is cool because it gives me the confidence to use my GBB's in an "unconventional" way. I only own GBB pistols and submachine guns. I have 2 AEG's but they are wall-hangers right now because they are broken and I haven't been interested in fixing them.

GBB's are louder and they are way more fun to me and as its been exhaustively stated here, thats what airsoft is all about; FUN.

Airsoft here is all on semi-auto only so our conventional way is your unconventional way.

However we still get spammers, on semi-auto, firing from the hip, over the barrel and not using any sights.

I use my GBBs because they are more tactile, improves the mood/experience on the day. Recoil or changing mags doesn't account for more fun, its when things go smoothly that it shows through in the planning, the morale, comaradiere, and the strength of will and certainty of decisionmaking of the teammbers, that I consider fun.

All else is the icing on the cake.

Hahaha, too true, I have done my fair share of "f**k it" charges, certainly when my primary frizzled in an assault, switch to sidearm and !Leeroy Jenkins!

I remembered one time I coughed up this plan to herd a bunch of cows towards the enemy and then using the herd of frightened cows we moved inside of their formation and took out the enemy team using the cows as distraction.

A GBB would not have made a difference to the fun on that day. The sheer look of *WTF* on the enemy's face was well worth it.

However then getting this one frightened cow unstuck from a swamp afterwards...all part of the experience. :)

I remember when I once had a brace of maruzen 5ks. I dual-wielded them in a gas & spring only game and a noob had a freaking heart attack at their scariness. If only he'd realised that they were as accurate as a piece of cheese and only worked in high summer. Ah well, it was still the greatest fun :)

I think I've used full auto on my MP7s maybe 4 or 5 times. hardly ever.

Most players i find can't handle two things, knowing a sniper is firing at them from somewhere or getting up close and personal so i use that to my advantage to get stuck in and get pistol kills when the going gets tough.

Definitely the latter. Being the last alive person on your team and facing a full team of 7 or 8 more people is a scary thing when you're in CQC.

True, I'm a bit too stingy for them, nice as they are.

There are also Sun Projects availible. I just got mine today. :D

I ditched AEGs for no reason in particular. I prefer using my upgraded AGM GBBR over my upped G&P, and have a few classics. More fun IMHO. Even though I am strapped up to a rig with a hose, it doesn't bother me at all. The expensive mags on the other hand do annoy me.

Using somthing out of the norm turns a lot of heads, and I love opening up with my AGM, its loud and attracks a lot of attention, and is a bit intimidating to be on the other end of it.

I play for fun and GBB's give the most fun in my mind since you literally get a kick out of it.

Haha, couldn't have said it better myself.

The other day whilst playing CQB my M4s battery died for like the 3rd time (i seriously cannot stand batterys). But managed mid game to get a G18 and an M9 and the increased mobility was like night and day. i cleared out a building as easy as call of duty and getting 2 guys out at once at a distance felt about 3x better than if i did it with my M4. Im now looking at some WE 1911s to fill that empty sidearm spot i.have inside :).

After a painful playing incident recently, I am minded merely to point this out: When you're up against a gas gun player, you are extremely unlikely to be overkilled. We're the moustachioed gentlemen of the sport ;)

(I was moving through a room on saturday in a place i'd never played before - out popped a guy from a cupboard and laced me up with 20 rounds into my back at about 2m. As I writhed in pain and tried to get my breath back, I said "wouldn't just a couple of rounds done?". He said "it's a full auto game innit". Hrmmmmmm.)

Please realise that i'm NOT saying all AEG players are like this...merely that gas players are very unlikely to behave like this. We don't have the spare ammo or gas supply to play like that, and are likely to have been playing for quite a long time and thus "got over" the appeal of hosing.

After a painful playing incident recently, I am minded merely to point this out: When you're up against a gas gun player, you are extremely unlikely to be overkilled. We're the moustachioed gentlemen of the sport ;)

(I was moving through a room on saturday in a place i'd never played before - out popped a guy from a cupboard and laced me up with 20 rounds into my back at about 2m. As I writhed in pain and tried to get my breath back, I said "wouldn't just a couple of rounds done?". He said "it's a full auto game innit". Hrmmmmmm.)

Please realise that i'm NOT saying all AEG players are like this...merely that gas players are very unlikely to behave like this. We don't have the spare ammo or gas supply to play like that, and are likely to have been playing for quite a long time and thus "got over" the appeal of hosing.

hahahaha, thats funny and true! :D

Archived