Calling yourself out.

greg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does waiting to be hit count? My last game was woodland and usually play cqb. I found myself constantly underfire from about 30m from a fixed emplacement and I'm pretty sure it looked like he was hitting me from his perspective, not wanting to get called a cheat, I just stood still he actually it me. I know this sound stupid, but throughout the day I really couldn't tell if I hit someone if the line was true as my distance estimation is thrown out by the hop trajectory and scattering. I reaaly don't know how folks can be so positive about a hit on a target with a 6mm object at 30m.

Just to add quickly to the gunhit thing....

I called a gun hit a couple weeks ago and played on... later when I was sortin out my kit, I noticed I had a bloody hole in my ejection port cover!

Need to find a new one!!

Alsoooooooo a couple weeks ago at the mall, ( 14th March )

A guy dressed in Spetsnaz kit ( good player ) was shootin me after I stormed around a corner and didnt notice him, I felt NOTHING, looked at him funny... so he gave me another couple of shots... Now we are talkin less than 5m distance.

He was dry firing and nothin came out his gun. ( Good on him for not drilling me - even if he was shootin blanks )

I took it as a hit tho, and went off to respawn.

I would rather be known as a player who takes all hits, than someone you have to make sure you hit!

I did something at my last game that in hindsight I am unsure of. I was at Drakelow and I felt a solid hit from at least 2bb's so I called hit.

Then I got hit again and as I was stood there I was able to take the time to look where the fire was coming from and saw clearly I was getting ricochet fire against a solid stone wall. The fire was hitting me in exactly the same place and there was no where else the fire could be coming from. Looking at the firing position I was at least 2 foot out of line of site.

So I called out oh wait its a ricochet and carried on.

At this point the site owner turns to me and shouts you said you were hit, and I explained it was a ricochet. Now, I will admit in hindsight I ought to have agreed to stay out as I called hit but my blood was up (I was enjoying the game a great deal) so I wanted back in. Ought I have stayed out?

Tell you what though, those marshals at Drakelow don't miss a thing.

In another situation, I was covering with my SAW and it stopped working. So I got into cover and reached for the boxmag and got hit in the hand. I called hit and the site owner again saw this and complimented the player for shooting me. As did I. Now I was a bit confused about the hit rules at this stage so I got up and started to walk away to the respawn when a friend mediced me. Now I said to my mate are we on the 1st hit then medic or just respawn at next objective and he said it was the medic rule then respawn. In other words you have 2 lives and a medic for the 2nd life.

So I got mediced and returned to the game. Now my bad as I essentially moved from my position and got mediced 10 foot away in cover. It was an accident and again the site owner turned to me and asked me how I was back in? I explained I got mediced and got a suspicous look in return. Again, I felt like I ought to have just walked but my team was being greatly pressured and my gun was playing up so I wanted to do as much as possible and I guess technically I was not cheating.

Even now I feel a bit bad about both situations as I feel I behaved less than brilliantly. :(

I was playing at the new wolf site on Monday, and i did something which pulled on my moral compass:

Right at the end of the first game there's a bloke popping out from a barrel taking shots at people - he's the last one left of an elimination game. Because he is using cover badly and i'm shooting from an elevated position i landed at least four hits on him: I saw one hit his right shoulder and the other three hit his mask.

Clearly he's in the zone and not registering his hits, so despite the game being semi only my selector "happens" to slip to full auto and i put a 10 round burst in his mask, which he duly notices and takes, thus ending the game.

I fully recognise that i wasn't playing within the parameters of that mission for using a bit of full auto on a semi game, but should i feel guilty?

Discuss.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.

Sure, you were a naughty boy for hosing him but, cmon. If there's only one player left it's not like the marshals (or spectators) attention should have been anywhere else so it's at least as much their fault as yours.

Hi!

Plain and simple.

Stand up and call yourself hit. Make it nice and loud. Its nice shooting someone and to hear the audio confirmation. It also stops overkill.

But I want to know, do hair hits count?. As in a bb going through the old fro'. Its happened to me twice.

good question, bb's zooming through the hair....it's happened to me more times then i can remember, i tend to take em anyway, for sportsmanship..

a hit is still a hit.

this thread is great, it's nice to see that they're are honest players out there...

I did something at my last game that in hindsight I am unsure of. I was at Drakelow and I felt a solid hit from at least 2bb's so I called hit.

Then I got hit again and as I was stood there I was able to take the time to look where the fire was coming from and saw clearly I was getting ricochet fire against a solid stone wall. The fire was hitting me in exactly the same place and there was no where else the fire could be coming from. Looking at the firing position I was at least 2 foot out of line of site.

So I called out oh wait its a ricochet and carried on.

At this point the site owner turns to me and shouts you said you were hit, and I explained it was a ricochet. Now, I will admit in hindsight I ought to have agreed to stay out as I called hit but my blood was up (I was enjoying the game a great deal) so I wanted back in. Ought I have stayed out?

Tell you what though, those marshals at Drakelow don't miss a thing.

In another situation, I was covering with my SAW and it stopped working. So I got into cover and reached for the boxmag and got hit in the hand. I called hit and the site owner again saw this and complimented the player for shooting me. As did I. Now I was a bit confused about the hit rules at this stage so I got up and started to walk away to the respawn when a friend mediced me. Now I said to my mate are we on the 1st hit then medic or just respawn at next objective and he said it was the medic rule then respawn. In other words you have 2 lives and a medic for the 2nd life.

So I got mediced and returned to the game. Now my bad as I essentially moved from my position and got mediced 10 foot away in cover. It was an accident and again the site owner turned to me and asked me how I was back in? I explained I got mediced and got a suspicous look in return. Again, I felt like I ought to have just walked but my team was being greatly pressured and my gun was playing up so I wanted to do as much as possible and I guess technically I was not cheating.

Even now I feel a bit bad about both situations as I feel I behaved less than brilliantly. :(

In regards to the ricochet hits, F&O have (iirc) the rule that if it bounces off something on its way from the shooter to you then its a hit, if its passed you and rebounded off something behind you then ignore it. its a sensible rule and one I use myself in most circumstances; unless the rule is any hit counts.

In regards to the ricochet hits, F&O have (iirc) the rule that if it bounces off something on its way from the shooter to you then its a hit, if its passed you and rebounded off something behind you then ignore it. its a sensible rule and one I use myself in most circumstances; unless the rule is any hit counts.

Wall was about 1 foot behind me.

With the close quarters nature of the site and very hard walls, bouncing rounds tend to hit people quite often from behind. :unsure:

I got one. I was playing a game where I was one of three 'snipers' who had gone off to hide from the rest of the players (maybe 15 others)

I was lying in a sweet spot, right on a river bank, in amongst some reeds. The rest of the players (the hunters) had already walked down the field, and found no-one, so decided to split up. Sooner or later the gates opened and a firefight ensued. While they tried to get a position on one of the other guys three of the guys slowly crept up to this one bush a few metres away.

I could only see one of them, and was busy winding up a hicap. I stopped winding, slowly raised the rifle into the aim, and called 'Bang' softly. The one guy I could see got a heck of a fright, and started looking around silently. After 5 or so seconds he spotted me, broke into a grin, slipped on his dead rag, and plonked himself down on his *albatross*. Not a word.

One of his mates came over to see what had happened, started to look around. Again, quietly called bang. Same thing. Sat down, not a sound. Then another guy crawled up. Again, tried my luck. Again, it held true. Another silent kill. A few more players stumbled upon the three of them, and I gave up and opened fire on the newcomers. I shot one round, then ran dry. I was promptly lit up like a Christmas tree.

Turns out, I had only one bb left in the mag. If the first guy had called out, or just opened up on me (distance was a bit sketchy for a bang kill) I would have been as dead as the Sunday roast. As it happened, I got a cool story to tell and a smile on my face. It was an induction game. First game with the club for all of us. My first ever. I'm sure it was for some of them too. Not all noobs ignore their hits :D

Yesterday I was playing at a large outdoor event.

As we were assaulting a compound, I rounded a corner to see a guy crouched with his arms extended holding a claymore. I lit him up but he simultaneously released the claymore.

I'm actually pretty sure I didn't get hit buy any BB's ( I don't even know if it was loaded ) but it was so creative I took the hit anyway and so did he. It was pretty funny.

i was at cereberus and took a round in the chest, it didnt make much noise i just heard a really quiet thud and it got lodged in a molle loop.

i looked around to see i was in cover from just about every angle, i thought it was a ricocheq but. i took it!

regen was a long walk away..........

No, thats not an F&O rule, thats classed as a ricochet.

I can't say I've heard that either, the only thing I can think of being brought up along those lines when playing at F&O was if you and an opponent have line of sight on each other and you're in a bush or behind bamboo sheeting cover as is used on some of the sites then if a round manages to get through and touch you even if deflected from its original trajectory a bit, it still counts as a hit. Which reminds me of a time at the original Matlock site when some guy thought he was behind good cover behind a bamboo sheet screen and took about 20 rounds on full auto to call hit as I started cutting a hole in it to get the rounds (and the message) to the guy.

I winced a bit reviewing some helmet cam footage, with shooting and shooting going on a heard a distinct 'ping' while watching the footage, sound of BB bouncing off the camera casing that in game I didn't notice, considering it only sits about an inch to the right of the edge of my helmet I felt bad at the time for effectively denying someone what might have been a chance shot out of however many rounds fired :unsure:

Bang kills are fine if used properly. they should have the opportunity to shoot you if you decline the bang kill. with ricocets i will take them unless it is obvious or a marshal says so.

Play the way you want to be played against, unless that involves cheating of course.

Basic F&O rule is ricochets that they don't count. We would encourage players to use common sense in some situations though i.e. a ricochet from a twig in front of you is probably as much of a hit as any positive hit. There was a game a few weeks back where i called hit as it was pure bad luck the player in question hit the branches of a very sparse bush instead of me...

• 2 weeks later...

For the most part, I know the difference between BB's that i've dropped through a crappy magazine, an ammo pouch, etc. and rounds that have hit me. Then again, I don't wear layers upon layers of tacticool gear, so the rounds will usually (i.e. all the time) hit my body.

I was hiding behind a car. Rounds were flying over the car and I was postioned so my whole body was behind and my legs and feet were behind a tyre. I popped out and deliver a few rounds into the enemy position before the fire came back in strong. As I moved along the car to the other end I could hear the rounds hitting the ground and popping back upto hit the underside of the car. So far nothing had hit me... I popped back up dropped a few more rounds out and ducked back. This time all my forward support had been taken out and it was just me left behind this car. (Which I later found out was a marshalls car and he drove it away after the day was over.) With all the fire focused on the car. Rounds flying over me under the car but still nothing had actually hit me I decided that in all fairness if this was live ammo I'd be very dead as the car would have exploded and the windows would have been smashed and I'd have taken a round in the shoulder or chest. I raised my rifle up and my other arm and called hit and headed back to the respawn.

Not entirely related to calling yourself, but definitely gentlemanly behaviour:

Played at a site and arranged to rent equipment. There was a mix up at the site and there were no rental guns available when I got there. A player who I'd never seen before overheard the conversation and walked over. He offered to loan me an AEG and mags for the evening. I offered him a £60 deposit in case I damaged it but he said it was fine, he was sure I'd take care of it. I returned the gun later (in the same condition he gave it to me) and gave him a new bottle of bb's to say thanks.

That's the thing I notice about airsofters Schoo. In other sports I do (fencing in particular) no one will lend you a spare sabre if yours isn't with you. Sure, airsofters care about their gear, but they're always willing to help someone new to the sport, or unable to play.

Exploded, no. But yes they would have gone through anything but the engine block. See Box 'o Truth website for the effect of nastyness on cars ;)

I was thinking hitting the fuel tank and sparking off the fuel. I'll give the website a read.

It is actually remarkably hard to light up petrol in most cases, without compression. Diesel, forget it. Ive seen with my own eyes a guy put a lit rag into a motorbike fuel tank as he was sitting on it. The vapours blew the burning rag out. DO NOT try this at home though!

Hit on the bum by my pistol lanyard, took the hit only to find noone had shot at me.

Had a guy a while ago doing the I shot you winge, 3 of my team walked towards a bridge, fair dos he got the jump on THEM and thus lit all 3 of em up, they all took the hit, at which point I stepped out from the left (blindsided him) and took him out, he then started screaming and shouting that he had shot me, to which I said to him, well mate either you are using a 50 cal to shoot me through a tree or an auto locking BB, because you werent even facing me, but he insisted, so instead of arguing I told him if he thought I was cheating then take it up with a marshall(whom I know very well anyway), he didnt speak to the marshalls at all but in the safe zone he apologised after realising I wasnt in the group he had shot at, apology accepted, and the next time we saw each other he got me with a corker of a shot.

I love congratulating people on hits well taken and shots that are good. I also stand by honesty, I really like to be honest.

Archived